Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-04-2014, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So apparently Illaramendi was the 6th highest transfer fee paid by Real Madrid in the history of the club.

1. Cristiano Ronaldo - £80 million - 2009
2. Gareth Bale - £78-85 million - 2013
3. KakŠ - £56 million - 2009
4. Zinedine Zidane - £45 million - 2001
5. Luis Figo - £37million - 2000
6. Asier Illaramendi - £34 million - 2013
7. Karim Benzema - £30 million - 2009
8. Xabi Alonso - £30 million - 2009
9. Luka Modric - £30 million - 2012
10. Ronaldo - £28 million - 2002

Cost more than Alonso and Modric, probably still holds true considering inflation.

As for the highest transfer fees received:

1. Mesut ÷zil - £42 million - 2013
2. Gonzalo Higuain - £35 million - 2013
3. Robinho - £33 million - 2008
4. Nicolas Anelka - £22 million - 2000
5. Arjen Robben - £22 million - 2009
6. Michael Owen - £17 million - 2005
7. Claude Makelelť - £16 million - 2003
8. Wesley Sneijder - £14 million - 2009
9. Klaas-Jan Huntelaar - £13 million - 2009
10. Walter Samuel - £11 million - 2005

Also, the Bale transfer doesn't seem as expensive when you consider the fact that Higuain's money went all to Illaramendi, and ÷zil's money "cut" Bale's transfer fee in half.

2009, however, is a whole other story. £49 million from the sale of Robben, Huntelaar, and Sneijder, covers Alonso and 2/3 of Benzema. That still leaves £136 million spent on Ronaldo and KakŠ, plus £10 more for Benz. Just crazy.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:34 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Valencia LOL. What an idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
lol

That wasn't even that bad, and on the last replay he got the ball first with his left foot. I guess he can be angry at the right leg sweeping through, but that was nothing. What a joker.
Context is important people. Valencia's had his leg broken before and he's finally getting a chance to captain his country in the WC. To have that put at risk by a reckless teenager during a meaningless friendly totally explains his reaction.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do ppl set games vs El Salvador? What can you gain from pounding our sorry asses? Ivory Coast I can see but...Spain?

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pardew memes are so good.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:03 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
Context is important people. Valencia's had his leg broken before and he's finally getting a chance to captain his country in the WC. To have that put at risk by a reckless teenager during a meaningless friendly totally explains his reaction.
Explains, but doesn't justify it.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Villa is going on loan to Melbourne in the Australian league... What.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:09 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
David Villa is going on loan to Melbourne in the Australian league... What.
Interesting. I figured he could have been sent to Liga MX so he would get used to the summer to fall schedule.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought NYCFC already had announced him and Lampard?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:20 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I thought NYCFC already had announced him and Lampard?
Not Lampard. It's also a Loan. He will be playing in the ManCity owned team in the A-League until NYCFC has actual games.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got ya thanks, makes sense.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-05-2014, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Emre Can <33333

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:58 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Emre Can <33333
forget can, if liverpool end up with cesc and alberto moreno.. damn. can was garbage when i watched him at leverkusen, unfortunately i watched too much neverkusen this season, and while he has raw talent, he doesn't have the mental part of the game down. his versatility also seemed to prevent him from becoming a rooted natural at one position as he was being played as a util-guy for all their injuries this season. a change of scenery should do him good but i don't think he'll be anything special. he is young, but he's a meh jack-of-all trades/master-of-none player.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are other fan bases as aggressively quick with memes? This one took about 5 minutes:

Old 06-05-2014, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

No. It's definitely Newcastle's thing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-06-2014, 03:02 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brazil vs Serbia on my TV, Germany vs Armenia on my cpu. Good times!

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:27 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a friend who works for the NY Jets as an equipment guy. Team Portugal is training at the facility so he's been helping out with their practices this week. Today, the team is in New England for their friendly, but a few guys stayed in NJ b/c they were injured. My friend invited me and another buddy to be the ball bitches for the injured guys.

So I just spent 2 hours at the Jets facility watching a private training session for Cristiano Ronaldo, Raul Meireles, and Pepe. There were like 10 of us total including trainers/body guards so they threw some passes our way. Coolest experience of my life.

Last edited by TimD : 06-06-2014 at 07:30 PM.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
I have a friend who works for the NY Jets as an equipment guy. Team Portugal is training at the facility so he's been helping out with their practices this week. Today, the team is in New England for their friendly, but a few guys stayed in NJ b/c they were injured. My friend invited me and another buddy to be the ball bitches for the injured guys.

So I just spent 2 hours at the Jets facility watching a private training session for Cristiano Ronaldo, Raul Meireles, and Pepe. There were like 10 of us total including trainers/body guards so they threw some passes our way. Coolest experience of my life.
So, you did your American duty and tripped Ronaldo resulting in a torn ACL right?
Old 06-06-2014, 07:40 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, that's ******* awesome.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:41 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The awesomeness of Ronaldo is almost negated by Pepe. God I hate him.

Thats really cool though.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:43 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, it was a once in a lifetime experience. Ronaldo looked 100%, but limped away from the field with an ice bag on his knee at the end. Pepe didn't really participate in the tough drills. Meireles was my favorite because he messed with me and my friends the most.

*Edit: Ronaldo didn't get hurt or anything. He was just icing his knee afterwards
Old 06-06-2014, 07:45 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Ronaldo seem snobby? I've always read he was a bit of a princess here in the states.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:54 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Did Ronaldo seem snobby? I've always read he was a bit of a princess here in the states.
He didn't speak any English to us, but exchanged pleasantries with my friend when he heard him talking Portuguese to one of the trainers. Ronaldo fired a 30+ yard pass to the same friend when he was walking out to the field. My friend received it and gave it back to him, and Ronaldo got a kick out of it. It was clearly a fun session for them so they were all in good moods.

The best sports moment of my life will forever be when I passed a ball to him, and he took one touch and blasted it into the net. I wish we were allowed to be fans and take pictures/get autographs.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Thats friggin awesome Tim!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-06-2014, 08:31 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy **** that's amazing!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mexico's looked surprisingly solid thus far. They look alive haha

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote