Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-10-2014, 04:00 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Look at it this way:

You can buy a PS4 and be like Bert or Ness, or you could buy an X1 and be like Cain, Jvig, and I. I think the decision is clear.
Don't forget Bulldogs. I know he is a Baines... but he is arguably the best Baines.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:57 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If exclusives aren't a big selling point for you then you may want to go with the PS4, as they all run superior on the PS4. Not a huge difference in most cases though.

OS and networking advantage goes to the X1.

PSN store has a better selection game wise than the Xbox store.

I personally love the X1 controller over the dualshock design.

Both have good exclusives. The 360 really seemed to lack a variety of new IPs toward it's later years compared to Sony on the PS3. This E3 was great for Microsoft I thought. Lots of promising games for both.

Fenix mentioned wiiu/3ds. To get the full nintendo experience you really do need to get both.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Look at it this way:

You can buy a PS4 and be like Bert or Ness, or you could buy an X1 and be like Cain, Jvig, and I. I think the decision is clear.
This should have been the only response I gave to that question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watchdogs sold 8 million copies. Damn.

Soured on Valiant Hearts as the game went on. 7/10. Odd game when you stop and break it down. Weak gameplay, simple and silly puzzles. Heard it compared to "The Cave". World War I was ****** up though, didn't know so many people died.

Guacamelee was a fun play through. Took me 8.5 hours. Good pacing and the right amount of difficulty. Combat is deep enough, becomes a bit repetitive. Satisfying to complete. 9/10

Spec Ops the Line - Put this one off for a while but had to play through it after hearing so much about the story. Generic cover shooter, controls are a bit clunky. Solid pacing and atmosphere. May have been too overhyped for me to get the payoff. Still enjoyed it. 8/10

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:43 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post
1) Gaming mostly, I only play a few games though, so this isn't a HUGE deal to me. (FIFA, Madden, NCAA when it was out, NBA 2K, and maybe a shooter here and there)

2) My friends are split half and half on what they bought, but they aren't huge into games like me, I'm the nerd when it comes to video games who really gets into them. They just got them cause they've got money and can.

3) No exclusives, I play games that are usually available on both consoles.

4) I'm really just looking for the best long-term investment, which console has the best future. The 360 overtook the PS3 by far, but will the PS4 take over the XB1? If their futures look identical then I'll go XB1 since I like Microsoft, but I just wanted to make sure of my decision before I spend any money.
If you're going based almost solely on non-exclusives, the PS4 is the way to go. It outperforms the Xbox One by a significant(although not huge) margin in quite a few games. They've fixed a lot of what was wrong with PSN as well. I would really just play mess around with both of them if you get the chance to.

...although if shooters are a differentiator to you, you might want to look towards the Xbox One. That's a genre Microsoft has and will continue to push pretty hard. Their first party shooters are better done and more directly baked into the identity of the brand.

Either way, both consoles are really terrible. The PS4 is the better performer, but that's not saying much. I went with the PS4 because Sony has a pretty good track record of putting out content I care about and sustaining it for the life of the system(the 360 really got next to nothing interesting towards the end), but I really wish games running at 20 frames a second wasn't an accepted thing for both Microsoft and Sony.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:59 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spec Ops and Valiant Hearts are more about story than gameplay.

And this Gen of consoles is ****.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:34 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Watchdogs sold 8 million copies. Damn.

Soured on Valiant Hearts as the game went on. 7/10. Odd game when you stop and break it down. Weak gameplay, simple and silly puzzles. Heard it compared to "The Cave". World War I was ****** up though, didn't know so many people died.

Guacamelee was a fun play through. Took me 8.5 hours. Good pacing and the right amount of difficulty. Combat is deep enough, becomes a bit repetitive. Satisfying to complete. 9/10

Spec Ops the Line - Put this one off for a while but had to play through it after hearing so much about the story. Generic cover shooter, controls are a bit clunky. Solid pacing and atmosphere. May have been too overhyped for me to get the payoff. Still enjoyed it. 8/10
I wanted to like Guacamelee so badly. Super Metroid and Symphony of the Night are two of my favorite games of all time, so that type of thing is just right up my alley.

I just can't stand any game with colored enemy systems though. Fights start to feel like a chore and it limits your engagement with the combo system.

Really didn't care for the abundant references either, especially the ones they tried to pass off as humor.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Banjo Kazooie & Tooie bundle on sale for $15 for the day. Just bought this bad boy and can't wait to replay them.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:37 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id buy them if they were on xb1.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:47 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someday I'll have a PS4, the concept of saving money doesn't work for me.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:08 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

DS 2 coming to PS4 and Xb1 it appears.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-11-2014, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* called it.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

So far just rumors however I should note. I'd only consider if all DLC was included, but I may be too enthralled with Halo to even bother.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-11-2014, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

My persistence will prevail. Dark Souls: Lighting Edition. I know this game isn't supposed to be as good as the first but I predict I will enjoy it more since I've completely avoided any spoilers and lore and will go into it without looking for any help.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:32 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm picking up either and xbone or ps4 next month not sure which one to get, I want the Xbox online community but I can get almost all Xbox exclusive on pc

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Don't forget Bulldogs. I know he is a Baines... but he is arguably the best Baines.
Go **** yourself Cain. A study was run that showed XBone users are on average far less intelligent than PS4 users.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
My persistence will prevail. Dark Souls: Lighting Edition. I know this game isn't supposed to be as good as the first but I predict I will enjoy it more since I've completely avoided any spoilers and lore and will go into it without looking for any help.
Eh there are issues with the game itself which serve as the biggest disappointment, and not to mention the best part of any souls game is at its weakest in this installment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I'm picking up either and xbone or ps4 next month not sure which one to get, I want the Xbox online community but I can get almost all Xbox exclusive on pc
I always am a firm believer in going with the exclusives you want in choosing consoles. Or just get them all and don't miss out on any of them.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-11-2014, 11:02 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im a big online co-op guy so an decent online community is important in my decision, but exclusive wise like I said I can get on pc. I love my ps3, but mainly all I've been playing on my console is nba 2k14 and every other game is on my pc. I was really big on COD or any FPS until the games went to **** so I lost interest in them.

leaning towards xbone now because all of the media features, i'll probably end up getting both since i can get them for cheap.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Go **** yourself Cain. A study was run that showed XBone users are on average far less intelligent than PS4 users.
Bert disproves this theory.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

I'm excited to see what the XBone does with the NFL and fantasy football. One of the features that sold me on the system. They're going to show your team's stats across the bottom of the screen in real time but I'm sure there are other things we haven't seen yet.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:10 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There can only be one best Baines Gonzo... in fairness you and BD have your moments but he is a Falcons and you are a dirty Vikequeens fan. That and I have known him longer.

That being said... maybe I should just name JF4 the best Baines... because he is a Packer fan.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:15 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Gonzo AND Bert disprove this theory.

COME AT ME. LETS FIGHT OUTSIDE THE MAFIA SECTION GONZO!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You win this round.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Gonzo AND Bert disprove this theory.

COME AT ME. LETS FIGHT OUTSIDE THE MAFIA SECTION GONZO!
You son of a ***** Vidae.

I WILL FIGHT YOU IRL!!!!!!