Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-09-2014, 12:16 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Serious and Kaner locked up for 8 more years. Terms undisclosed.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Edit: $10.5M/year supposedly. Meh, pretty high but oh well. Will probably mean letting some guys go but what can you do. Still happy to locked them up.

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 07-09-2014 at 12:26 PM.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:59 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fine, I'll take Pat Sharp.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:30 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sobotka signing in Russia?? That's a shame. I wonder if that spurred them bringing back Ott. He wasn't huge for them but he's still a solid piece, was wondering when he would sign somewhere.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:37 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Sobotka signing in Russia?? That's a shame. I wonder if that spurred them bringing back Ott. He wasn't huge for them but he's still a solid piece, was wondering when he would sign somewhere.
That's a huge loss to the Blues. It's a shame.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm off in search of a bridge to jump off. Ken Holland just re-signed Dan Cleary (again).
Old 07-10-2014, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:08 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Capitals should have been after Gorges, instead of overpaying Orpik.

Quiet, great signing was Tom Gilbert to Montreal. Good for them. Edmonton should have just tried to bring him back. Dat hair.

LOL @ the Sharks. Wilson is dumb.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:22 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Gilbert was a very solid signing. Somehow making less than Deryk Engelland. You could tell his Seidenberg-esque "kill a year on the Panthers" route was going to work out for him.

I was a little surprised to end up with Gorges but I'll take it. We need someone experienced to take up minutes. Now keep Myers and let him roam!
Old 07-11-2014, 09:24 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wings sign Cleary to a 1 year, $1.5 mil deal. Holland says that he'll have to earn his spot. So, Jurco will start in Grand Rapids next year while I bang my head against the wall watching Cleary on the 2nd power play.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:27 AM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gilbert was a very solid signing. Somehow making less than Deryk Engelland. You could tell his Seidenberg-esque "kill a year on the Panthers" route was going to work out for him.

I was a little surprised to end up with Gorges but I'll take it. We need someone experienced to take up minutes. Now keep Myers and let him roam!
Brian Burke has been at it again this summer. Poor Calgary.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:28 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Dan Cleary signing day is quickly becoming my favorite tradition.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
Wings sign Cleary to a 1 year, $1.5 mil deal. Holland says that he'll have to earn his spot. So, Jurco will start in Grand Rapids next year while I bang my head against the wall watching Cleary on the 2nd power play.
Up to 1 million in bonuses too, so he'll be on the books next year as well, even if he's retired or dead.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:46 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Nashville just throwing leftover free agent centers at the wall, huh? I expected Roy to land there, Ribeiro as well is interesting. Lot of cheap gambles on guys with their best days behind them. Probably better than what they had, though. Looks like Colin Wilson's career has taken him to a full time winger. I'd guess Ribeiro and Roy as centers. Gaustad also playing down the middle. I'd want to see Jarnkrok there, as well, so Jokinen and Cullen also staying on the wing. Not sure if Forsberg has a spot, right now. They still only have roughly 2 guys on offense who can bury it, but at least they're filled with recognizable names now, I guess.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I wish the Pens gave Heatley the 1 million he got from the Ducks. I still see top 6 play, especially with Geno or Sid.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:49 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Man, I wish the Pens gave Heatley the 1 million he got from the Ducks. I still see top 6 play, especially with Geno or Sid.
Heatley blows. it's hard to watch him skate at this point.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Heatley is pretty friggin bad.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:14 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Matt Lombardi back in the league, huh? And he got multiple years? Well, best of luck. Now show me Peter Mueller.

Hope we see some more Tim Erixon this year. Kind of got crowded out of his role but he's only seen so much time in the show. Not sure if he'll thrive with what he gets but I would hope he can get some solid time in.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Yeah, they really killed that deal. You could even say the Ducks went head on into it, and pursued him going full speed.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:42 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's talk that Kings, ducks, yotes and sharks might be moving their AHL team out west next year. I live like 5 mins from where Kings prospects would be playing...
Old 07-16-2014, 01:44 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah but what's the point without Fasching or Vey?
Old 07-16-2014, 02:00 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah but what's the point without Fasching or Vey?
By then i will have Kempe, the russians (Zykov, Kitsyn and Prok), and Forbert who will likely be down there much longer. And whatever 2nd round magic that Deano finds, so im good mcgee.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:09 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

You can't have everything, sarf.

Farm team proximity is great, I would hope the markets are good and league travel wouldn't be a problem.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:12 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Ennis locked up for 5 years, much like Moulson and Hodgson. Those guys will be average top-6 types for a few years while the young talent grows up. Roster appears to be just about locked down, though I still wouldn't have been against a vet 3rd line defender, especially with this year being 2-way for Ruhwedel. Only decision left is with Luke Adam, who was qualified but probably doesn't have anything more than an AHL spot with the team.

Moulson, Ennis, Hodgson, Stafford, Stewart, Gionta, Girgensons, Foligno should all have spots locked down. Even if Reinhart plays and is getting fewer center minutes to start than whatever 2 of Hodgson/Ennis/Girgensons, he should still have a capable pair of wingers to play with. McCormick should be a 4th line center regular, then Mitchell/Deslauriers/Flynn/Kaleta scrapping to flank him, with the first two having the most ability to move up the lineup.

Then Larsson, Grigorenko, Armia as young Rochester call ups. Matt Ellis, Zac Dalpe, and maybe Adam as the vet types down there.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:38 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ken daneyko is coming to my camp today and I think I get to meet him. Boom
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:04 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Man, that sucks about Sarich. Hope things end up alright for him.

In other former Av news, Andre Benoit signed as the vet defenseman I was expecting for us this year.

In future former Av news, O'Reilly is going to be a sweet signing for our unstoppable upswing of a team in a couple years.