Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2014, 09:24 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
How is that Blueprint for Greatness working out for you again? Exactly that is why you're paying Travis Outlaw more then The Knicks will be this year.
There it is! The irrelevant bitterness! I've been routing for a perennial bottom dweller for years, your petty insults about them mean nothing to me.
Here's a hint: embrace your team being horrendous. Laugh at the fact that you gave up a 2nd rounder to try and make a playoff push with a roster that will be the 10 seed. Laugh at that you won't sniff the playoffs despite having the 2nd highest payroll and luxury tax. You gave up a 2nd rounder for a guy nicknamed travis outlol. Like the Bargnani trade, there's literally no way to spin this in a positive manner except watching Quincy acy being sweet sometimes while you're down 15. Accept the trash, trust me, you'll be better off

Or attack the team that I've been trashing in this thread already this offseason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:53 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
There it is! The irrelevant bitterness! I've been routing for a perennial bottom dweller for years, your petty insults about them mean nothing to me.
Here's a hint: embrace your team being horrendous. Laugh at the fact that you gave up a 2nd rounder to try and make a playoff push with a roster that will be the 10 seed. Laugh at that you won't sniff the playoffs despite having the 2nd highest payroll and luxury tax. You gave up a 2nd rounder for a guy nicknamed travis outlol. Like the Bargnani trade, there's literally no way to spin this in a positive manner except watching Quincy acy being sweet sometimes while you're down 15. Accept the trash, trust me, you'll be better off

Or attack the team that I've been trashing in this thread already this offseason.
Do you see me anywhere in here saying anything positive about the Knicks in the past 2 years? Hell before today I rarely posted in here outside of the occasionally Gif.

I don't need a lecture on watching horrible basketball teams we have already highlighted that I am a Knicks fan.

All I have tried to say is what is the point in trashing a lateral move that doesn't remotely hurt them just cause its the Knicks it's funny though.

It has nothing to do with a playoff push. It was simple to get rid of a SG glut the Knicks had. I am sure that fact wont sink in for you though.

Actually didn't give up a 2nd rd pick for Travis Outlaw we just lowered the protection on the pick The Kings already had. Never like the Bargnani trade so nice try there.

As a Nets you fan really don't have much of a leg to stand on when you talk about luxury tax and teams with high salary accomplishing nothing.

Also I am not going to even try to respond to rest cause there is just way to much stupidity in your post. That I would not even know where to start.

Last edited by LTgiants : 08-06-2014 at 09:55 PM.
LTgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So you have to get rid of a 2nd rounders protection (who protects 2nds?) to get rid of a SG?

You know the Knicks suck, but others can't laugh at them for it? Yet you come out swinging making fun of the nets.

Insert lol u mad pic and/or gif here
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:13 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There isn't anything wrong with the trade, really. Doby is a solid option if he gets some goddamn minutes.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:44 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So you have to get rid of a 2nd rounders protection (who protects 2nds?) to get rid of a SG?

You know the Knicks suck, but others can't laugh at them for it? Yet you come out swinging making fun of the nets.

Insert lol u mad pic and/or gif here
When nobody else wants said SG yes apparently you do. The pick was already protected for some previous trade idk why. Its not like it cost the Knicks anything extra they already were not going to have that pick.

Did I say you cant laugh at them ever? No I said I am tired of every little thing the Knicks do as LOl Knicks. Not everything they do is some big inept mess.

I made fun of The Nets cause they are your team the same way you dump on The Knicks. I was proving a point. You got mad when I bring up one little thing about your team.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:51 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Your team made a move to bring travis outlol on to your team and you want people to think said team isn't inept. I really don't know how else has to be said
Quote:
Old 08-06-2014, 10:55 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Your team made a move to bring travis outlol on to your team and you want people to think said team isn't inept. I really don't know how else has to be said
Was your team inept when they signed him in 2010 to big contract?

My team has been inept for years I am the first to admit it. Today's trade however measures very low on the inept scale.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:08 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
There isn't anything wrong with the trade, really. Doby is a solid option if he gets some goddamn minutes.

Pretty sure Quincy Douby is playing in like, Thailand right now. So I'd be surprised if he helps the Knicks.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:13 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Yes. And I made that known from the start. Again, that's relevant how?

And Douby is killing it in china. Best player ever until the kings cursed him
Quote:
Old 08-06-2014, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Pretty sure Quincy Douby is playing in like, Thailand right now. So I'd be surprised if he helps the Knicks.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-06-2014, 11:27 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yes. And I made that known from the start. Again, that's relevant how?

And Douby is killing it in china. Best player ever until the kings cursed him
It is as relevant as you trying to use Bargnani trade towards me so I figure why not remind you of Travis Outlaw as a net.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:27 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both of your teams (and mine) are ******* stupid.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I'm sorry, did your team sign Josh Smith to a 4 year deal?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-06-2014, 11:57 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trading for Travis Outlol is not a lateral move. He's a minus in every sense of the word, plus you write a $36,585.00 check 82 times a year so he can sit on the bench and be completely useless.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:59 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember when the Blazers used Outlaw as their closer. That was fun times.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:00 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Both of your teams (and mine) are ******* stupid.
Hey, you did ultimately stop holding out for Klay Thompson. Baby steps.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:01 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Trading for Travis Outlol is not a lateral move. He's a minus in every sense of the word, plus you write a $36,585.00 check 82 times a year so he can sit on the bench and be completely useless.

Man, ****** NBA players really do get paid that much per game. It's even crazier seeing it like that than it is with their yearly salaries.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:03 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Hey, you did ultimately stop holding out for Klay Thompson. Baby steps.

Flip Saunders owes Steve Kerr his job for not letting him give Klay Thompson the max next year.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:08 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Man, ****** NBA players really do get paid that much per game. It's even crazier seeing it like that than it is with their yearly salaries.
We've pretty much been desensitized with huge salary numbers by sports. Every day it's 15m this, 12m that. When you sit there and realize that Kobe got 82 (82!!!!) 425,000.00 checks last year alone, it really settles in. Most doctors probably work 70 hour weeks for an entire year to make what Kobe Bryant made to sit down and yell **** at Smush Parker on a Tuesday in Charlotte.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:28 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Either way the team would have to pay a scrub weather it was Wayne Ellington at $2,771,340 or Outlaw at $3,000,000.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:32 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, my buddy and I were just talking about that number. $36k would be a decent yearly salary in most areas, and these guys earn that much in one game. In 4 games he tops my parents annual income, and he gets half the year "off" (I know they don't really take half the year off, but still).
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 09:30 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The baseball ones where they show it per HR or per win are always fun. Dan Uggla's $ per strikeout>>>>>>>

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From what I hear, it varies how NBA players get paid. It's a provision somewhere in the contract obviously. But the myth is that Kobe gets paid twice a year. So he got two checks last year that said $15,000,000. You know, before taxes and all that.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 09:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So does anyone still believe that ******** letter from LeBron? Does anyone really still believe that he would "go home" if he wasn't able to form a new younger Big 3 in Cleveland?

Does anyone still believe his ******** about playing with the younger guys when they traded them all away?

Does anyone still believe that he didn't know he was going to Cleveland until Thursday when Nike bought all the billboards in Cleveland one week in advance, and the owner flew down to his house in Miami to tell him he could form a big 3 there?

Does anyone really still believe that LeBron isn't a ring chasing fraud who's a front runner?

Be real guys. He played it perfectly this time from a PR standpoint, but he's still the same LeBron. He's a *****, and a coward.

But yeah. He's coming home. Give me a break.