Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 05-01-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sorry for the double post, but it appears the Broncos have signed OG Tim Duckworth out of Auburn. Nice pickup, imo.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hello ? anyone...does anyone know what all was given up for the "Jay Cutler" slot in the first round last year ? and who the trade was with.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So if it took "so little effort" then why ***** so much about it
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:41 AM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

Are you incapable of doing things for yourself?
Old 05-02-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

is it really that hard to google somn i mean come on you could have easily found the details yourself then waiting what 4 days and taking **** from ppl here... come on man
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

CutlerChris - about your sig... it was a diet pepsi vending machine... lol just lettin ya kno
Old 05-02-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great video of champ..

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...9&videoID=1586
quoting rod smith

"i call him yoda cause he knows where the hell the ball is going before its thrown"
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Evalutating our team...

if every thing goes as expected... what is stoping us from being the best team in the league.. injuries?

if cutler has the breakout a lot of people think he will have (3,500 yards 20 TD, which isnt unreasonable)... our pass offense will be great... and if henry has an average bronco season (1,200 yards) we will have a top 5 offense in the league, adding on to the cutler numbers

seriously... what i have just said isnt that unreasonable.. one of the two will probably happen and the other one will come damn close.... and on defense... well have a top 15 run defense, and a top 20 pass defense... if bly plays decent and we get a pass rush... we have an unbelivable team...

the only thing, once again, are those injuries, and being able to rack up TDS.

Im worried that Cutler will throw for 3,500 yards, but Javon will be the ONLY one to step up, and he'll have like 15 TDS... but The rest of the team will have 2,000 yards combined, and our second leading reciever will have 40 catches.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
assuming we'll have a pass rush because we added a couple of rookies is a bit of a stretch, although i get your point.

regardless, the patriots would be keeping us from being the best team in the league.
But, if anyone has the advantage on them, it's us. We've consistently beat them the past 3 years. I know they've added some players, but so have we.

Regardless, I am in agreement that they are the favorite to win the Super Bowl this year.

Our focus should be the Colts, though that may be the prime reasoning in acquiring Bly.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

as badly as i wanted reggie nelson, i think our secondary will be fine this year, we have two pro bowl corners, a pro bowl safety and an up n coming saefty. im unsure of our linebackers, what exactly is the sit.? whos playin sam mike n will?
Old 05-03-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

dominique foxworth... aint he playin safety for us
Old 05-03-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
great video of champ..

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...9&videoID=1586
quoting rod smith

"i call him yoda cause he knows where the hell the ball is going before its thrown"
darrent williams is on that video r.i.p....btw are we gonna have any special tributes to nash n williams this season?
Old 05-03-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdw27 View Post
darrent williams is on that video r.i.p....btw are we gonna have any special tributes to nash n williams this season?
There should definitely be those circled 27s and 29s on every helmet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

Quote:
not that i'd heard, and hopefully not at all unless bates has enough sense to NOT play him as the run support safety. i still have no idea what was going through coyer's head when he did that.
so foxworth is gonna stay as 3rd string corner, correct
Old 05-05-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCutlery View Post
But, if anyone has the advantage on them, it's us. We've consistently beat them the past 3 years. I know they've added some players, but so have we.

Regardless, I am in agreement that they are the favorite to win the Super Bowl this year.

Our focus should be the Colts, though that may be the prime reasoning in acquiring Bly.

the colts were our main reason to get champ bailey
Old 05-05-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

Quote:
so foxworth is gonna stay as 3rd string corner, correct
Yea, he's the nickel.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

k thanks 10char
Old 05-07-2007, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

First, I think it would be cool for a mod to trim down the threads and only keep the ones that are current

Secondly, it just occured to me that Broncos Mini-Camp starts in friggin July. We are one of 2 teams that does not have mini-camp in May.

That other team? Gary Kubiak's Houston Texans, who will hold theirs in June.
Obviously, Kubiak likes the idea of having mini-camp later, I'm just not sure of the advantages.

Anyone know what #'s the rookies will wear?
Jarvis Moss 95 or 96?
Tim Crowder 95 or 96?
Ryan Harris- 72?
Marcus Thomas- 77?
Old 05-10-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

According to DenverBroncos.com..

#95 Jarvis Moss
#96 Tim Crowder
#74 Ryan Harris
#77 Marcus Thomas
Old 05-10-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

i also saw that travis henry will wear 20 and mike bell 30
Old 05-12-2007, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
i also saw that travis henry will wear 20 and mike bell 30
yeah... and i think its cool that someone is wearing TD's # again.. maybe bell will explode.

Last edited by Jimmy : 05-12-2007 at 09:03 AM.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

also.. interesting fact.. we have a linebacker that cant wear the #'s 50-59 or 90-99 since all are taken...

someone will be cut
Old 05-12-2007, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

also, acccording to denverbroncos.com depth chart

Dj williams is still at sam...
Old 05-12-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
also, acccording to denverbroncos.com depth chart

Dj williams is still at sam...
No worries, that depth chart hasn't been updated since the end of our season. They will likely release a new one before or after training camp.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
M
Rookie

M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Broncos Mini-Camp is wisely set late for a reason. The rookies currently have playbooks and access to coaching staff (to understand what is expected of them and encouraged to ask questions now) and facilities to work-out (as in get yourself in shape).

The Broncos expect that their rookies will be ready to know their assignments by mini-camp. The mini-camps that are set this month require the new players walk-through the plays, rather than know what reads and audibles mean. (If you recall Cutler was trying to digest the playbook to be prepared for mini-camp last year). You will notice the Broncos mini-camp has more live drills or scrimmages rather than teams that are in mini-camp now where they have individual position workouts. It just seems more productive to have the mini-camp later.

Last year I believe John Clayton wrote an article on this issue and cited several teams that are considering moving their mini-camps later for these very reasons.
M is offline   Reply With Quote