Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-26-2014, 11:17 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
So what's the key in auction drafts? I'm about to do one Monday with 10 teams but everyone is pretty new to that style.
Don't be the guy who drops like 3/4 of your budget on 3 players. That guy always seems to pop up in an auction.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:29 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So what's the key in auction drafts? I'm about to do one Monday with 10 teams but everyone is pretty new to that style.
Get value players.

I was able to come out of my draft last year with:
Romo, Forte, Ball, Morris (keeper), Jordyz, Andre Johnson, Fitz and a pretty deep bench. I ended up 1st during the regular season.

I see guys who go overspend on "their guy"...not worth it. Don't get drawn into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:39 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in a rookie keeper league only. We keep ONE rookie after the season to carry over to the next season. So far, my rookies are Marqise Lee, Tre Mason and soon to be John Brown.

I'm pretty high on Khiry Robinson. Would you drop Mason for Robinson for this year? I'm probably going to end up keeping Lee or Brown considering both are going to be main contributors this and next year for their teams and the Rams still have Stacy.

Edit: Nevermind, someone just dropped Bortles. I'm probably going to stash him.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:48 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I'm in a rookie keeper league only. We keep ONE rookie after the season to carry over to the next season. So far, my rookies are Marqise Lee, Tre Mason and soon to be John Brown.

I'm pretty high on Khiry Robinson. Would you drop Mason for Robinson for this year? I'm probably going to end up keeping Lee or Brown considering both are going to be main contributors this and next year for their teams and the Rams still have Stacy.

Edit: Nevermind, someone just dropped Bortles. I'm probably going to stash him.
Mark Ingram looks damn good though, so not sure about robinson
Old 08-27-2014, 11:45 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Son of a *****... Gordon got a year.

Well there goes that pickup for this season.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:44 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post

He went in the 2nd to last round in my 10 man league, I remember regretting taking James Jones over Gordon but I'm looking smart now :)

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:05 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He ****** me so hard....my keepers were supposed to be Peterson, Gordon, Graham.

Had to keep gio instead
Old 08-27-2014, 02:08 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You basically have to go with the flow. The one I do is a 2 QB league which throws values out of whack and things get pretty wild.

Most years, the majority of teams spent the bulk of their budget on the top 40-50 players which left them with very little money to spend on the next tier of players. A couple of teams basically scooped up whoever they wanted from that tier and had less top guys but way better depth. The other downside to that if you're a team that waited is it's tough to pull the trigger on free agent pickups because you have to drop a legitimate player to do it.

On the other hand, if everybody's trying to save their money and being really cheap, you want to be buying players. Otherwise the top guys are off the board but everybody has a ton of budget left and needs to fill out their roster. So mid-level guys end up going for the same amounts as top tier guys.

It tends to help to go in with a gameplan - you want to be WR heavy and draft a bunch of mid-level RB's and hopefully a couple hit, you want a top tier RB and are willing to sacrifice TE, whatever the case may be. But you have to be flexible also. If RB's start going for a ton more than you expect, are you okay sacrificing RB's or will you overspend a bit relative to what you wanted to do to grab one?

I'd also keep an eye on where things go with guys who are injured or risky. Sometimes they're great values and sometimes a couple of guys like the player and the bidding gets out of control.

And if you have a defense and/or kicker in your league, the first couple times around I like to nominate the best available kicker or defense. Most of the time nobody wants to spend more than $1 on their kicker or defense, so if you're the first to nominate one you can get the best one for as much as anyone else is going to spend. And if somebody bids up there's no real harm.

Also with nominations, it's good to mix up whether you nominate guys you're actually interested versus guys you aren't interested in. And somewhere in the middle of the draft, it can be good to start nominating quality players at positions you're already set at. That way you get opponents to spend their budgets.

At the end of the day, like bearfan said, you want to get value. But at the same time, values tend to be guys nobody likes because they're injured or have potential suspensions looming or workload concerns - so if you're plucking values there you also want to make sure you're mitigating some of your risks and grabbing safe players - whatever that means to you.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:22 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
He went in the 2nd to last round in my 10 man league, I remember regretting taking James Jones over Gordon but I'm looking smart now :)
I bought him in my keeper auction for $6. It had the potential to be a steal but alas... not looking like it.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Finz99
Pro Bowler

Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz99 View Post
I was offered Rashad Jennings for Torrey Smith.

My WR's and RB's are as such:

Dez Bryant
Jeremy Maclin
Torrey Smith
Justin Hunter

Reggie Bush
Giovanni Bernard
Pierre Thomas

PPR league. Thoughts appreciated.
To work off this, someone just offered me Kelvin Benjamin and Deangelo Williams for Pierre Thomas and Tim Wright (my other TE's are Charles Clay and Vernon Davis).

I'd love to get Kelvin Benjamin, but losing Pierre for Deangelo...ehhhh...
Old 08-27-2014, 03:56 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz99 View Post
To work off this, someone just offered me Kelvin Benjamin and Deangelo Williams for Pierre Thomas and Tim Wright (my other TE's are Charles Clay and Vernon Davis).

I'd love to get Kelvin Benjamin, but losing Pierre for Deangelo...ehhhh...
I don't think there is too much of a difference between them to be honest. Saints running backs are always a crap shoot. Plus getting Benjamin is a pretty good upgrade over Wright when you are likely starting Davis almost time he suits up.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Finz99
Pro Bowler

Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think there is too much of a difference between them to be honest. Saints running backs are always a crap shoot. Plus getting Benjamin is a pretty good upgrade over Wright when you are likely starting Davis almost time he suits up.
True. I guess my only concern is that Thomas will be getting a ton more receptions in the Saints offense compared to Deangelo in the Carolina offense. However, with the addition of Brandon Cooks and it being the saints it really is a crapshoot.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:41 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Pierre Thomas is the best player in that trade in a PPR league, considering Bush and Bernard are the only other RBs rostered.

If you traded Smith for Jennings, I would feel a little more inclined to take that chance on Benjamin.

But Tim Wright is overrated in the fantasy world as a whole right now.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:57 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Co-GMs is the worst.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:37 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which team is best? Do you dislike either? In .5 ppr

Team A
QB: RGIII/Rivers
RB: LeSean McCoy
RB: Rashad Jennings
WR: Alshon Jeffrey
WR: Michael Floyd
WR: Kendall Wright
FL: Brandin Coooks
TE: Rob Gronkowski

BN RB: Jeremy Hill, Knowshon Moreno, Lance Dunbar
BN WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Mohamed Sanu, Malcom Floyd
BN TE: Travis Kelce

Team B

QB: Tony Romo
RB: DeMarco Murray
RB: Giovanni Bernard
WR: Roddy White
WR: Percy Harvin
WR: DeAndre Hopkins
FL: Zac Stacy
TE: Julius Thomas

BN RB: Knowshon Moreno, Khiry Robinson, Christine Michael, Terrance West, Lance Dunbar
BN WR: James Jones, Kenny Britt, Marqise Lee, Steve Smith
BN TE: Jordan Reed

Also, if I can't swing a 2-for-1 trade or 3-for-1 trade, which two players on this team would you drop?

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 04:28 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

12 team draft last night, thoughts?

QB - Tony Romo
RB - Matt Forte
RB - Andre Ellington
WR - Percy Harvin
WR - Michael Crabtree
W/R/T - CJ2K
TE - Julius Thomas
K - Ryan Succop
Def - STL

BN - Phillip Rivers
BN - Mike Evans
BN - Tyler Eifert
BN - Kenny Britt
BN - Chris Ivory
BN - Delanie Walker
BN - Marvin Jones

Honestly at the time I really wasn't happy with it, now looking a bit more I think it has a chance to be solid if not spectacular..

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:41 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is just classic over thinking but I will ask anyway. The Giants traded kick Brandon McManus to Denver. To be honest, he was impressive in the preason and I was hoping that they would keep him over Josh Brown. I took Blair Walsh with my last round pick. Do you think it's worth dropping Walsh and picking up McManus. Between the Denver offense and thin air, any Denver kicker is pretty relevant in fantasy in my opinion. Prater has been dropped so I may be able to get him too when he comes back.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:06 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Expectations for Ebron this year in Detroit offense. In a 14 team PPR league. Wondering if it's worth picking him up to stash for later in the year. Currently rolling with Reed and Fleener. Both have week 10 byes...

Advice?

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:38 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Expectations for Ebron this year in Detroit offense. In a 14 team PPR league. Wondering if it's worth picking him up to stash for later in the year. Currently rolling with Reed and Fleener. Both have week 10 byes...

Advice?
I would imagine not really fantasy relevant. Id go with ASJ as a stash over ebron
Old 08-28-2014, 01:33 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like Ebron that much as a flier either. Kelce's an interesting stash if he's unowned.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Which team is best? Do you dislike either? In .5 ppr

Team A
QB: RGIII/Rivers
RB: LeSean McCoy
RB: Rashad Jennings
WR: Alshon Jeffrey
WR: Michael Floyd
WR: Kendall Wright
FL: Brandin Coooks
TE: Rob Gronkowski

BN RB: Jeremy Hill, Knowshon Moreno, Lance Dunbar
BN WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Mohamed Sanu, Malcom Floyd
BN TE: Travis Kelce

Team B

QB: Tony Romo
RB: DeMarco Murray
RB: Giovanni Bernard
WR: Roddy White
WR: Percy Harvin
WR: DeAndre Hopkins
FL: Zac Stacy
TE: Julius Thomas

BN RB: Knowshon Moreno, Khiry Robinson, Christine Michael, Terrance West, Lance Dunbar
BN WR: James Jones, Kenny Britt, Marqise Lee, Steve Smith
BN TE: Jordan Reed

Also, if I can't swing a 2-for-1 trade or 3-for-1 trade, which two players on this team would you drop?
I like Team A considerably better but I think both are fairly weak, especially in regards to depth. At least Team A has Floyd, Moreno and Hill. Team B has Moreno and that's the only real value. Are these from 12-man leagues? That would make more sense.

I would drop Christine Michael and Lance Dunbar without even glancing twice, not to mention Kenny Britt.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:58 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post

Advice?
Ebron is interesting, but there's no way to get a good read on what the Lions will do with him and/or how often they'll run 2 TE sets. Kelce is a popular name as a sleeper (especially during Bowe's suspension) but I feel like the volume in Detroit may outweigh the percentage in KC. IE, Kelce will get a higher percentage of the offense but Detroit will probably double the offensive output of KC, thus evening out the overall production. ASJ, Kelce, Ebron . . . I'd say pick your favorite and see how it goes. TBH, I'm not a big proponent of carrying two TEs in any leagues, unless the roster is 18+ per team or you can start more than one each week.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I'd say pick your favorite and see how it goes. TBH, I'm not a big proponent of carrying two TEs in any leagues, unless the roster is 18+ per team or you can start more than one each week.
100% agree with this. The only exception is if you drafted Gronk, in which case you absolutely must carry a backup (preferably Timothy Wright.)

Otherwise, why waste a roster spot on a backup tight end? You can find any number of playable tight ends on the waiver every week. It's the same as carrying two kickers or two defenses, just a goofy waste of valuable roster space.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:12 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
100% agree with this. The only exception is if you drafted Gronk, in which case you absolutely must carry a backup (preferably Timothy Wright.)

Otherwise, why waste a roster spot on a backup tight end? You can find any number of playable tight ends on the waiver every week. It's the same as carrying two kickers or two defenses, just a goofy waste of valuable roster space.
It depends, to an extent. If you can find a high upside guy it certainly can be worthwhile. People who took Julius Thomas late last year probably didn't regret it. In deep leagues, sometimes late there's more upside at TE left than at RB/WR. Worst case you drop the guy a week or two in if he shows nothing.

But overall, I do agree.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:30 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who's the best running back this year you think? I lean toward LeSean McCoy, but w/ the second pick I wouldn't mind either Charles or Peterson

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote