Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

vick is not a franchise QB not even close. Vick is like a Franchise Athlete. He plays the QB position poorly, he just has freakish athleticism to make up for it

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm not sold on Tavaris Jackson yet, he just doesn't seem like he is a franchise QB. I know he was only a rookie last year, and he didn't have the greatest stats. I think the Vikings will end up to draft somebody in the 2008 draft and keep Jackson as a backup at best.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
All homerism aside, how can you have Jason Campbell below Grossman, Kitna, Leinart, and Delhomme?

And what are Alex Smith and Eli doing to high?
Where is my homerism?

I am a Bears fan and I put Grossman at #14.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:17 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
Oakland - JaMarcus Russell - He may not start the first game, but he will be under center before the year is over. He is hands down the best QB that was drafted last weekend. In my opinion I think he could have a Vince Young type year this year. He could actually do better since I think the weapons are there in LaMont Jordan, Justin Fargas, Ron Curry, Joey Porter, and Courtney Alexander. If Lane Kiffen can coach this team and get them to buy into his philosophy they will be greatly improved.
LJ really isnt a weapon.He just dances around in the backfield.
All VY did was run the ball.Please dont compare the two.
Its Jerry not Joey.
I think you meant to say Zach Miller but you said Courtney Anderson instead.;)
Old 05-05-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
LJ really isnt a weapon.He just dances around in the backfield.
All VY did was run the ball.Please dont compare the two.
Its Jerry not Joey.
I think you meant to say Zach Miller but you said Courtney Anderson instead.;)
I did not mean that JaMarcus Russell was going to run all over defenses, I meant that he may suprise some teams and win a few games as Vine Young did last season.

I did mean Zach Miller, that was my bad.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:53 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
I don't get how you can say that Michael Vick might not be a franchise quarterback but Tavaris Jackson is? (If I read this correctly)
Will agree with the Jackson side of the debate... but Vick is a novelty at best...I think someone should sit him down and tell him he needs to put on 15lbs and move to RB.. quite frankly if he would have done that from the get go... he might be a better runner then LT will be. The guy has moves that make you think of Barry Sanders and he is as fast if not faster then Deion was, plus he is not a small guy he could take the pounding if he put on a lil more weight... then we can start a thread about franchise RB's !!
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:57 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I think Troy Smith could be a good QB. I think the only true Franchise QBs in this league are Brady,Manning,McNabb(may be in decline), Palmer, and maybe Hasselbeck..am i missing anyone?

post 1,000 :)
Well I think the term used for Brady and Manning and McNabb would be Superstars not franchise.. those 3 can put their Teams on their backs and carry them to the Super Bowl... To me a FRANCHISE QB is someone that has the potential to be a Pro Bowler and can put up the results that gives you confidence that you wont need to draft a QB for 8-10 years.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Being able to say that my team even has a franchise QB makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Ditto. When we had Tim Couch he was supposedly our "franchise QB" but he didn't feel like it to me. For some reason I felt that he was gonna be decent at best as a pro, never good or great. Brady Quinn makes me feel like he's gonna be good or great like Carson Palmer and Donovan McNabb (or at least in his prime)
Old 05-07-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

Teams with a Franchise QB:

New England
Cincy
Pittsburgh
Indianapolis
Tenessee
Denver
San Diego
Dallas
Philly
New York Giants
Green bay
Atlanta
New Orleans
San Francisco
Seattle
St. Louis
Arizona
Baltimore

Teams with a possible franchise qb

Buffalo
New York Jets
Cleveland
Oakland
Houston
Chicago
Old 05-07-2007, 10:40 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I would say "potential franchise QB." But that's just semantics. For the first time in a while, we won't be looking to add a QB this next offseason
This is why Im so glad we drafted JaMarcus Russell. Next year we wont be running around looking for a QB, instead we will be building around Russell getting him help etc
Old 05-07-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Well I think the term used for Brady and Manning and McNabb would be Superstars not franchise.. those 3 can put their Teams on their backs and carry them to the Super Bowl... To me a FRANCHISE QB is someone that has the potential to be a Pro Bowler and can put up the results that gives you confidence that you wont need to draft a QB for 8-10 years.
Well Manning Brady and McNabb do/did that. They put up the results to win...theyre pro bowlers...and you dont have to draft another QB until they hit decline or retire. Unless youre talking about a young QB that is considered a "Franchise" QB and when he reaches that turns into a superstar

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:01 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
Stanton will be the best QB from the 2007 draft.

Take off the homer glasses and lay down the crack pipe please.

And I think many posters don't seem to know the difference between a starting QB and a franchise QB.

Last edited by eacantdraft : 05-08-2007 at 10:04 AM.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Scar
Rookie

Scar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Trent Edwards will take the Bills job from Losman by the start of next season.
Scar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
Take off the homer glasses and lay down the crack pipe please.

And I think many posters don't seem to know the difference between a starting QB and a franchise QB.
You've said a lot of crazy things, but I wouldn't question Mike Martz' resume at developing Quarterbacks. He hasn't had any that have Stanton's pure talent level. I actually don't think what he said was so crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Trent Edwards will take the Bills job from Losman by the start of next season.
Losman played very well last year. I don't understand why no one recognizes that fact. Maybe it's because no one sees Bills games all the way there in 'almost' Canada.

Last edited by Shiver : 05-08-2007 at 01:11 PM.
Shiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a Lions fan and I don't think that Drew Stanton will be better than JaMarcus Russell.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
I'm a Lions fan and I don't think that Drew Stanton will be better than JaMarcus Russell.
But you never liked Stanton anyway.

Shiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this thread is pure ridiculousness.

i don't even know where to start. probably by saying that the notion of 'franchise QB's' is capped by brett favre and his lifetime contract to the packers. i'm pretty sure he wins. that's a franchise QB. on the other end. marc bulger is still franchise QB nomenclature worthy, seeing as the rams probably won't look to upgrade from bulger for at least a few more years, and that's basically what i think the tag boils down to. not 'hey, this kid is the future, he's gonna be our franchise QB.' but, hey this guy is a solid starter who we want playing for the next five years. in that catagory, manning2, grossman, ben, delhomme, VY, cutler, leniart, et al. don't necessarly have i'm positive (barring injury) that you'll be starting in five years. but, you can say that about manning, brady, hasselbeck, brees, and palmer. right now. their consistancy over the past few years has shown with good care, these guys are worthy of the name.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
Teams with a Franchise QB:

New England
Cincy
Pittsburgh - Big Ben was horrible last year, although that was to be expected with the accident and all, but he's not 'franchise' quite yet
Indianapolis
Tenessee VY is what we call a 'potential franchise QB'
Denver
San Diego
Dallas - Tony Romo... yeah... I'd say 'possible franchise QB
Philly
New York Giants - sure, Eli 'Clutch' Manning, that's a franchise QB for ya!
Green bay
Atlanta
New Orleans
San Francisco - Alex Smith? you should have put this one under 'potential'
Seattle
St. Louis
Arizona - same old story potential franchise QB
Baltimore

Teams with a possible franchise qb

Buffalo
New York Jets
Cleveland
Oakland
Houston
Chicago
There's just a few things wrong with your list. Plus you didn't mention 7 (or eight, I'm too lazy to count again) teams.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Last edited by Addict : 05-08-2007 at 02:35 PM.
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
There's just a few things wrong with your list. Plus you didn't mention 7 (or eight, I'm too lazy to count again) teams.
that's the point. they don't have franchise quarterbacks. just merely servicable players filling a position: read: jon kitna

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
that's the point. they don't have franchise quarterbacks. just merely servicable players filling a position: read: jon kitna
Well you could argue that they should be on the list with Possibles...

Detroit -> Stanton
Miami -> Beck
Vikes -> Jackson

Washington's nowhere to be found even though they've got Campbell under center...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote