Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-08-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
Buccaneers...Gruden loves vets and he needs a Q capable of running his vertical WCO.
We'll take McNabb and you guys can have Grossman.

Grossman + Gruden = greatest sitcom in the history of mankind.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McNabb is from Chicago ...
Old 05-09-2007, 11:54 AM    (permalink
bryanGENE

For McNabb's fate, see Daunte Culpepper
Old 05-09-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, McNabb is automatically going to have the same fate as Culpepper. He has the same build, size, and work ethic. He has the same training staff. He has a coach who throws him out on the field when he's not ready. [/sarcasm]

I cannot say that McNabb will be recovered, but you cannot simply say that he won't because Duante Culpepper, who is 2-3 inches and 40+ lbs more than McNabb, couldn't bounce back and do well. I'm sure the mobility will be limited, but McNabb was always a better QB than Culpepper. If he's on the field, he'll be playing at near 100%.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please, can we end this thread? It has become irrelevant...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 05-09-2007, 12:08 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

I love how Eagles fans love unproven Kevin Kolb. The rate of failure of 2nd round QB's is horrendous. Better not put all of your eggs in one basket.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

What are you even talking about? Kolb is being groomed as a QB of the future. He's not going to play for at least 2 seasons. No one is in love with him. I think he's getting more 'dap' from non-Eagles fans than Eagles fans.

And, don't you think that having AJ Feeley signed as a backup for the next 3 seasons, keeping McNabb, and drafting Kolb is diversifying and not "putting all the eggs in 1 basket"?

Old 05-09-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Yeah, I love how the Falcons fan is telling the Eagles not to put all their eggs in 1 basket at QB. They traded their most valuable QB asset in Schaub to allow a troubled Mike Vick to continue to lead their offense, then brought in Joey Harrington to be the backup...

Old 05-09-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
bryanGENE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Yes, McNabb is automatically going to have the same fate as Culpepper. He has the same build, size, and work ethic. He has the same training staff. He has a coach who throws him out on the field when he's not ready. [/sarcasm]

I cannot say that McNabb will be recovered, but you cannot simply say that he won't because Duante Culpepper, who is 2-3 inches and 40+ lbs more than McNabb, couldn't bounce back and do well. I'm sure the mobility will be limited, but McNabb was always a better QB than Culpepper. If he's on the field, he'll be playing at near 100%.
McNabb hasn't always been the best quarterback. McNabb will get injured again, go to another team, try to succeed and fail.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
bryanGENE

Let me add the Eagles don't make the playoffs this year.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Without a healthy McNabb, the Eagles probably don't make the playoffs in 2007.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

McNabb has been the best QB in that draft. There is no argument. Culpepper may have had better numbers by a little, but Culpepper had better weapons around him always. Regardless, McNabb has a better winning percentage, more playoff appearances, and more playoff success. The Vikings have never beaten the Eagles when McNabb and Culpepper were on the field. It isn't even an arguable point.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah, I love how the Falcons fan is telling the Eagles not to put all their eggs in 1 basket at QB. They traded their most valuable QB asset in Schaub to allow a troubled Mike Vick to continue to lead their offense, then brought in Joey Harrington to be the backup...

I'm a Falcons fan???
Old 05-09-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I saw the sig and assumed you were a Falcons fan. Regardless, you were dead wrong.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I saw the sig and assumed you were a Falcons fan. Regardless, you were dead wrong.
I'm a fan of the legendary Ron Mexico, headline grabber VD transmiter extraodinare.

2nd round QB's for the last 10 years have barely over 10% regular starting %, the worst of any first day draft rounds. Other than Drew Brees, there isn't much to crow about.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

The argument doesn't hold water for me. Historical trends in terms of stats are much more reliable. The fact that NFL QB scouting in the second round in the last 10 years has been poor doesn't mean that Kolb will bust. These are all individual players in specific situations under specific coaches. There is no relevant relationship here. It's not like the Tedford QB's, who haven't done squat in the NFL.

Old 05-09-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The argument doesn't hold water for me. Historical trends in terms of stats are much more reliable. The fact that NFL QB scouting in the second round in the last 10 years has been poor doesn't mean that Kolb will bust. These are all individual players in specific situations under specific coaches. There is no relevant relationship here. It's not like the Tedford QB's, who haven't done squat in the NFL.
And we know how well day 1 Houston QB's have done in the NFL.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Irrelevant. Past Houston QB's with zero ties to Kolb failing in the NFL under different coaches on different teams in different eras has no bearing on Kolb's success. Andy Reid has a track record of drafting and developing QB's. He did it in Green Bay with Hasselbeck, Favre, and Brunell, and he did it in Philly with McNabb and Feeley. Hell, he even won games with Koy Detmer and Garcia. Reid's track record is much more telling than the success of QB's from the same school over 15 years ago.

Old 05-09-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

BTW, I'm not saying that Kolb is a lock to succeed. I'm saying that you can't say he'll be a bust until he's out on the field and showing what he's got. I'll say that about any player from the 2007 draft.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
2nd round QB's for the last 10 years have barely over 10% regular starting %, the worst of any first day draft rounds. Other than Drew Brees, there isn't much to crow about.
The fact that you are using this as an argument is just silly. You might as well come out and say something stupid like "4th round TE's have a high bust percentage." The reason 2nd round QB's don't start is because they don't get as much of an opportunity as a QB taken in the 1st. Teams don't have much invested in a QB taken outside of the 1st round so that QB will more often than not be on a short leash.

Last edited by Stash : 05-09-2007 at 10:32 PM.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Psycho
Rookie

Psycho smells like sex panther.Psycho smells like sex panther.

Somewhere right now, TO is laughing sinisterly.
Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I still can't believe that this topic isn't dead. Can't we put this thing down like a 16 year old golden retriever with cancer, AIDS, and a staph infection?