Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-11-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
I like how some people here think a DUI isn't a big deal.

Drunk drivers = scum bags.
You are still in high school, arent you? You will be surprised at the huge number of people that drive drunk. I would say 95% of people that drink have driven drunk, or driven with someone that was drunk.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
You are still in high school, arent you? You will be surprised at the huge number of people that drive drunk. I would say 95% of people that drink have driven drunk, or driven with someone that was drunk.
Way to just make up statistics. That is ridiculous.

As for driving under the influence, easily one of the dumbest things you could do.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Way to just make up statistics. That is ridiculous.

As for driving under the influence, easily one of the dumbest things you could do.
I don't deny it is stupid, but you would be hard pressed to find someone who hasn't driven drunk or driven with someone who was drunk. Do I mean regularly? Of course not. Do I mean completely shitfaced? No, just above the legal limit. So, if you split a bottle of wine with dinner, it is possible you are at the legal limit. .08 isn't very much alcohol. I don't know a single person that hasn't ever driven drunk, or been with someone who is driving drunk. Not only people my age, but my parents friends, bosses, EVERYONE!!! I will stick with my estimate of 95% of people have driven drunk or been with someone who was drunk.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If .08 is "drunk" then it might be hard to disagree with that. I'm not sure I know very many people who haven't done that either. I guess I'd make a similar estimate, but not quite that high. There are tons of people who drink that have never even driven before. But I definitely see your point.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
If .08 is "drunk" then it might be hard to disagree with that. I'm not sure I know very many people who haven't done that either. I guess I'd make a similar estimate, but not quite that high. There are tons of people who drink that have never even driven before. But I definitely see your point.
Legally, it is drunk. No one knows what the driver would have blown. Fine I should rephrase, I would estimate that 95% of people have or will drive drunk or ride with someone who is drunk.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Legally, it is drunk. No one knows what the driver would have blown. Fine I should rephrase, I would estimate that 95% of people have or will drive drunk or ride with someone who is drunk.
Yeah, I see your point for sure. It would be tough for me to argue against that, and I might just agree. Hell, based off my own personal experience, it's pretty damn accurate.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Especially college kids. Nobody wants to be a DD, somebody who's had a few drinks usually ends up driving home.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 06:38 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
So you subscribe to the whole guilty until proven innocent school of thought huh? The onus of proof should ALWAYS be on the prosecution. No matter the charge.
Well, proof either way is likely impossible, but if you've been drinking with a guy and then hand him the keys because he's less drunk than you (a decision you made whilst over the limit yourself), I don't think they should have to prove he did so knowing the other guy had been drinking, it's just common sense. If he's pulled over in his car with a drunk driver and they were together drinking at the same venue, then that's really all the proof they need by the requirements of this law. It's up to him to then present a case why he may not have known.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 06:56 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Well Im certainly not gonna turn on Kyle for some rent-a-titan in McNair.
Wow, imagine the commercials for that company...

"short on players? want to overpay one to do the job? Feel like you could get crappy value for a lot of money? Rent-A-Titan can help you, we've got plenty of veterans on the verge of going downhill for you to overpay!"

Rent-A-Titan® because value is overrated.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Well, proof either way is likely impossible, but if you've been drinking with a guy and then hand him the keys because he's less drunk than you (a decision you made whilst over the limit yourself), I don't think they should have to prove he did so knowing the other guy had been drinking, it's just common sense. If he's pulled over in his car with a drunk driver and they were together drinking at the same venue, then that's really all the proof they need by the requirements of this law. It's up to him to then present a case why he may not have known.
What? You don't punish people based solely off imaginative assumption. EVER. Like I said, no matter the crime, the burden of proof always rests with the prosecution. Sadly, this most integral element of the justice system is often forgotten or completely disregarded.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Then there is no case and it needs to be dismissed.