Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Big is a LB now right, I even think his number is in the 50's.
No, he got moved back to safety. People think it was a Kiffin move, but I think it could work. Even Derrick Gibson was effective last year when Ryan used him as a 4th linebacker, and I think Bing is a vastly better player in coverage.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
When healthy, it doesn't get much better than Rodney Harrison and Eugene Wilson. Rodney Harrison is easily a top five safety if he is healthy. That's turning into a big if, unfortunately. Take from this what you will, because it could be my case in point, but it could also be completely unrelated: both Rodney and Eugene have been hurt for the better parts of the last two seasons, two seasons in which the Pats lost in the playoffs. The two years prior? They won the Super Bowl. IN those Super Bowl games, the first one, the Pats are up big, Rodney breaks his arm, Eugene Wilson pulls a hammy, both miss some of the third and the entire fourth quarter, Panthers come back and tie it, Pats win on a FG. The next year, Wilson gets hurt again, Eagles come back late. Coincidence? Maybe. But they were obviously doing something very right on the biggest stage of them all.

I think Sean Taylor and Laron Landry will be the best safety duo in the league this year, though, and I don't think it will even be close...
I wouldn't say it is turning into a big if. Rodney Harrison in the past two seasons has played 13 games. You have to be realistic, he is nowhere near the presence he was 3-10 years ago. He doesn't get many big straight on hits, mostly finishing off the pay type big hits then he goes nuts and gets his mouth going. He is a decent play maker in the box, not an out of box presence. Nowhere near the inthe box presence he was when he averaged 3-4 ints a season. He is a presence still, but no nearly the overall presence he once was.

Now saying IF HEALTHY, that alone says their is a slim chance he will be healty. He is 35, 2 seasons ending or damn near ending his year.

Eugene Wilson, played 4 games last year. Was pretyy useless those games. He started off two very solid years in his career. But has been deemed useless that last two.

Ended last year injured.

So thay tandem isin't even allowed to be in the top 10 discussion. both injured and haven't done much in the last year or two.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is this place so super-obsessive about defensive backs? There's like 20 topics on safety's or corners a week.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I wouldn't say it is turning into a big if. Rodney Harrison in the past two seasons has played 13 games. You have to be realistic, he is nowhere near the presence he was 3-10 years ago. He doesn't get many big straight on hits, mostly finishing off the pay type big hits then he goes nuts and gets his mouth going. He is a decent play maker in the box, not an out of box presence. Nowhere near the inthe box presence he was when he averaged 3-4 ints a season. He is a presence still, but no nearly the overall presence he once was.

Now saying IF HEALTHY, that alone says their is a slim chance he will be healty. He is 35, 2 seasons ending or damn near ending his year.

Eugene Wilson, played 4 games last year. Was pretyy useless those games. He started off two very solid years in his career. But has been deemed useless that last two.

Ended last year injured.

So thay tandem isin't even allowed to be in the top 10 discussion. both injured and haven't done much in the last year or two.
i agree that Wilson-Harrison really isnt top 5

but saying Wilson was useless the 4 games he played is a no no. He made 2 huge stops for us i think against Bills both games..where McGahee broke free and Wilson was 1 on 1 and then chased him down the other time. He saved us a game possibly(1st one where we nearly lost)

I thought Wilson was getting back slowly to where he was first 2 seasons. 2 years ago everyone played bad but everyone got better @ end of season when they got adjusted to each other. Samuel-Wilson both played terriblly with the revolving doors at SS when Harrison went down.
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

True, Eugene wasn't terrible. But maybe it was the fact that he had to do more than accustomed too. I don't know. I thik that Merriwether kid will be something near special. Kid is grimey.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
True, Eugene wasn't terrible. But maybe it was the fact that he had to do more than accustomed too. I don't know. I thik that Merriwether kid will be something near special. Kid is grimey.
Dude, Grimey is dead.

Old 05-12-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
agreed. Coaches are already impressed with his quickness/speed aswell as back pedal and he was calling shots today at minicamp..which proves hes the leader in secondary and he knows how to line everyone up
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

I nominate whoever starts at safety for the Texans.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Did you just call someone a homer? Take a look in the mirror buddy.
Nah, the Cowboys are that good.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Not to be a Homer but Vikings are good with Sharper and Dwight Smith and even are Back ups arent bad with Doss and Tank Williams.
thats some killer depth!

anyway, as it has already beeen said, dewan landry and ed reed both proved that they are an elite duo
as of right now, they are the best

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buffalo Bills
Donte Whitner and Ko Simpson....give it two years max, and they will be the best safety tandem
BufFan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Keith Davis and Pat Watkins
Old 05-13-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
Buffalo Bills
Donte Whitner and Ko Simpson....give it two years max, and they will be the best safety tandem
2 Years max and they will be the best safety tandem, please bro. No doubt they will be good but that's a rediculous statement. Ed Reed and Dawan are the best atleast for the next 5 years, and IMO Sean Taylor and LaRon will be next in line to challenge Ed Reed and Dawan. Don't be surprised to see LaRon and Dawan in the pro bowl soon.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
2 Years max and they will be the best safety tandem, please bro. No doubt they will be good but that's a rediculous statement. Ed Reed and Dawan are the best atleast for the next 5 years, and IMO Sean Taylor and LaRon will be next in line to challenge Ed Reed and Dawan. Don't be surprised to see LaRon and Dawan in the pro bowl soon.
I still can't believe the Redskins took another safety in the top 10...especially when they had bigger needs elsewhere. We know you are a LL and ST fan boy so quit posting the same ****.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
I still can't believe the Redskins took another safety in the top 10...especially when they had bigger needs elsewhere. We know you are a LL and ST fan boy so quit posting the same ****.
Landry was the BPA and they needed somebody to pair with Taylor. Not a bad pick by any means.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Dunta_23
Rookie

Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im with the guys that said CC Brown and Glen Earl.....all joking aside I think it has to go to the Ravens pairing....and for potential....Id go with the Skins and Jets
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
Do you know what a 46 defense is? Go read up on it. Landry was the BPA available for a 46 defense, like the Redskins, and the best defensive player in the draft. I see you going from thread to thread talking about things that you have no idea about. Go read up before you try to call somebody out, otherwise you look like an idiot.

Since your such a freakin GM yourself, what would you suggest the Redskins do in the draft? Anything else would have been a reach or a stupid move.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Do you know what a 46 defense is? Go read up on it. Landry was the BPA available for a 46 defense, like the Redskins, and the best defensive player in the draft. I see you going from thread to thread talking about things that you have no idea about. Go read up before you try to call somebody out, otherwise you look like an idiot.

Since your such a freakin GM yourself, what would you suggest the Redskins do in the draft? Anything else would have been a reach or a stupid move.
I dont think the Redskins will ever have the right personell to succesfully run the 46. THey should set their sights on running a more realistic defence
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
I dont think the Redskins will ever have the right personell to succesfully run the 46. THey should set their sights on running a more realistic defence
Well that's what GW has set up for us. Or at least it is very similar to it. It worked in 04 and 05, hopefully 06 was just lack of depth and injuries catching up to us.

EDIT:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...050500977.html

^^Read the last bit.

Last edited by skinzzfan25 : 05-13-2007 at 09:07 PM.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
holtfan92
Veteran

holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.holtfan92 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

OJ Atogwe and Corey Chavous :)

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Thanks to Renji for the AVI
holtfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I could, I'd stab this thread and make it die...
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 06:09 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:

Ended last year injured.

Rodney Harrison's two injuries have been freak injuries where guys landed on him funny. One was a guy essentially chop blocking him at the knees. If he had those injuries while he was covering a pattern or something like that, I'd be a little more worried. But I for one will never forget the player Rodney has been when he's been on the field during the 13 games the last two years, and all the other games before that.

They absolutely belong in the conversation, because they're the only tandem to win two Super Bowls. If the AFC Championship game had been played a week later, Rodney would have been able to play? Are you going to tell me that he wouldn't have made a difference? Rodney being on the field makes the Patriots defense much different. He is a field general and does a lot for that defense.

So I stand by my point that, when healthy, I'll take Harrison and Wilson every day of the week. I am not saying they are the best, because I have said that Washington will have the best safety combo moving forward, possibly the best one we ever see in our lifetimes if those two play together for a while. And that tandem may not be the only one that's better. But those two guys are fun as hell to watch, have won us two Super Bowls, and if they're healthy, I know they'll get the job done every time.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:07 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
Keith Davis and Pat Watkins

I needed a good laugh.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote