Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-17-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

should be an interesting fantasy football pickup now :)

but honestly, however he does at worst case he creates mismatches and draws attention...if he runs a reverse to the right side of the field, he may not get the ball, but you can guarantee that safety and the LB'ers are leaning more towards his side, vs the RB to the left, so i like the idea....

their WR's are very athletic and fast as is, so im not sure where he fits in, because i really like bradley, berrian, and davis...but im sure they can find room for him to touch the ball somewhere...if he gets his hand on the ball 5 times a game(on offense) i think it increases the bears chances of scoring that much, and spreading the field out more with him lining up

but alot relies on ron turner, not all devin hester...sean payton found creative ways to get bush the ball, lining up in different spots, going in motion, split out wide, he changed it frequently, and made sure bush had chances to touch the ball, turner is going to have to be just as creative for it to work effectively

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if he will be better at offense than he was on defense?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On one hand, with the great scouting the Bears have, I doubt they have any trouble replacing Hester in terms of the team's cornerback depth. But on the other hand, I'm quite sure I have read/heard, more than once, that Hester wanted to play defense and so I wonder if this will ultimately work out.

It's not like the experiment wasn't tried at Miami, although obviously it's not as though the team wasn't without its issues, personnel or otherwise, at that period of time. There's a greater chance of success with the Bears and offensive coordinator Ron Turner.

I just hope this doesn't affect Hester's return skills/ability in any way, he's so great in the role barring his constant fumbling concerns. I was never really sold on Dante Hall, even in his prime as the "human joystick," but I have loved Hester since college and think that, compared to the second-best return man, Hester could very well be better at his position than anyone else in the league at their position.*

*Thanks to a topic some months back when we discussed this.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

RonnieRun23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bad move imo. Same thing happened at UM. Coaches thought he was too talented to not contribute on offense, and they stunted his growth tremendously. His sophomore year he was probably the best corner in our secondary, ahead of Kelly Jennings and Marcus Maxey. However, when they started moving him, problems started. He should just stay at corner and become a beast at one position, because we all know he has the talent. Even he has said that he prefers playing corner back.

Regardless, I believe he will be a good offensive player, I just don't want him to stay as merely a distraction kind of player, but rather grow into a great player.
RonnieRun23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How was Hestor as a corner? I don't recall him on defense in the superbowl.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote