Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I feel bad for Keyshawn, especially after all of the things about mentoring Jarret on draft day. Jarret looks to play a pretty big role nest year I guess.
Thats what I was thinking, he was soo excited and they release him.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope he goes back to Tampa, that would be a hilarious reunion. Not sure how kindly Bucs fans would welcome back.

Feed Moncrief

Last edited by Don Vito : 05-01-2007 at 07:22 PM.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

mark it down....he'll be a Chief.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:37 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wat in the world

did not see this coming

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
benroethlisberger

This is kinda stupid IMO and here's why I think this I was watching tv and they were discussing this and they said on April 1st they paid him a 3 million roster bonus, I guess they like to throw money away at a old WR then cut, they should have cut him before they paid him the bonus.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

they still had to play him the money. It wasn't a roster bonus.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, read the posts earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em' View Post
they still had to play him the money. It wasn't a roster bonus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benroethlisberger View Post
This is kinda stupid IMO and here's why I think this I was watching tv and they were discussing this and they said on April 1st they paid him a 3 million roster bonus, I guess they like to throw money away at a old WR then cut, they should have cut him before they paid him the bonus.
The following applies to both of you.

Quote:
Let's clear up a little matter here before it gets too wide-spread: The Panthers DID NOT pay Keyshawn Johnson a $3 million roster bonus on April 1, as has been reported elsewhere and has fans scratching their heads

The Panthers did pay Johnson $1 million April 1. But that was deferred money from the signing bonus he agreed to when he initially signed with the Panthers. Johnson also was due a $1 million reporting bonus at the start of training camp. Obviously, he won't get that money and it won't count against the salary cap.
-Charlotte Observer

So, for once and for all, he was not paid the $3 million dollar bonus.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

If what I'm hearing is true, he'll be a Saint soon. Not sure how I feel about this, but I'll trust Sean Payton on this one.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in TEN, SD, or KC. All those teams need help at WR and Keyshawn can be solid for a year at least.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

wow this is really funny.I hate Keshawn.I just hope he signs so he wont retire and that way I wont have to see him on ESPN for at least another year.
3,000 post.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn. I would have kept him for the sole purpose of mentoring Jarrett, disregarding the fact that he had a pretty good season last year.
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You all do realise that coaching staff's exist for a reason... Jesus christ you're acting like Keyshawn is actually a good leader.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah Minny... You listening. Perfect fit, a sure handed possession guy for what is basically a rookie QB makes great sense. He is there for at most 2 years whilst TWill and Rice work it out and then it is there show, meanwhile TJ has a safety valve so he doesnt just capitulate.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:05 AM    (permalink
Raider-Ken

I wouldn't mind the Raiders picking him up... If he got a couple of more years I'm sure he bring something good to the team! He would be a good replacement for Moss (even though he is not the same type of receiver at all)
Old 05-02-2007, 03:05 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chargers make a lot of sense; the only real vet WR on the roster is Eric Parker.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:06 AM    (permalink
d-dave

As a Panther fan, I was perplexed yesterday afternoon when I found out what happened. I mean, he was going to personally mentor Jarrett to become a great player right?

Well, I feel bad for Key at having the rug pulled from his feet. After read what Hurney said, and other observations, I can understand the decision making process here.

It sucks, but this is the NFL. There is always someone younger who'se getting paid less chopping at the bit to take your job. In this case, even before he was signed, Jarrett's got Key's job.

I wouldn't worry too much about Jarrett's developement. Steve Smith works as hard as anyone on his breaks and dealing with defenders. I think Smith will have plenty to teach Jarrett as far as taking care of business as a reciever.

As good as key was, I think we might end up better without him. Call me a crazy homer if you want. I think the movement towards youth will be a good thing this year.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:49 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wouldn't mind him if he came to Oakland just to see what him and Lane kiffen could do.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love it.. its so ironic

keyshawn tells him to stay in school, his stock drops, and for that reason the panthers get a chance to get him and keyshawn looses his job because gave crappy advicce
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching the NFL Classics airing of the 2003 Bucs vs. Colts game reminded me of classic (and current) Meshawn.

Maybe he'll find a fifth NFL team to play for.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote