Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-14-2006, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Shaun will have his worst year of his career, because he has the Madden Curse may I present some evidence:

2004 Michael Vick (broken leg missed 13 games I believe)
2005 Ray Lewis (got banged up and had one of his worst seasons as a pro)
2006 Donovan McNabb (Falling out with TO, Injuries, terrible season)

thats just in the last 3 years, the years before that were also cursed.
curses aren't real, and i'm a cubs fan
You will find out this season that they are very real.
Do you think the seahawks meant to lose Hutchinson? Oh no :P . The curse has already started.

It actually has nothing to do with Madden. Most backs (90%) after they've had 375 carries or more one year, they falter the previous year, usually through injury, sometimes just fatigue and blowing it.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Shaun will have his worst year of his career, because he has the Madden Curse may I present some evidence:

Do you think the seahawks meant to lose Hutchinson? Oh no :P . The curse has already started.

It actually has nothing to do with Madden. Most backs (90%) after they've had 375 carries or more one year, they falter the previous year, usually through injury, sometimes just fatigue and blowing it.
I'm assuming you mean next. And if you add on the playoffs, that's anywhere from 60-90 more carries.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 02:26 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

True, but maybe the Madden curse has something to do with faltering, injuries, fatigue, blowing it, etc.

Explain then Michael Vick's season ending injury after being on the cover. That's pretty eerie.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:07 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think S.A. will put up 1200-1400 yards. The Football Outsiders has an interesting RB chart that shows how RBs drop off after having career years, with only a few exceptions. Couldn't find the link but someone linked it previously on NFDC.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sure Hutchinson will make an impact, but you got to look at other factors. At his age and point in his career, you have to look at Alexander's year as a career year, meaning that he was likely to drop off a bit anyway even if Hutch stayed around. I think (barring injury) that Alexander can put up 1400-1600 yards with 15-19 TD's, but I think him having a year like last year is totally out of the question.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:38 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He's still gonna do good just not as good without Hutchinson, they still have Jones, Ashworth, Henry, and Gray.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:40 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84
Henry
Who?
Old 07-14-2006, 03:47 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

William Henry, but i forgot isn't Sean Locklear starting. and they also have Robbie Tobeck

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:50 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84
William Henry, but i forgot isn't Sean Locklear starting. and they also have Robbie Tobeck
I was kinda being sarcastic...I know who William Henry is, he's camp fodder and won't even make the team. Ashworth isn't starting either.

(position and ranked from best to worst.)
LT- Jones
RT- Locklear
LG- Womack
C- Tobeck
RG- Gray
Old 07-14-2006, 05:02 PM    (permalink

Hot damn you guys need to calm the hell down. I remember an ESPN special on something of that sort. Chill out. Damn.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma
He's got two curses going against him, Super Bowl Loser and Madden.
double whammy

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:12 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hutchinson's loss won't be anywhere near the impact some of you are thinking. Alexander will still be a top back. The only reason he won't be a top back is because he got his contract. Before his 2 contract years Alexander was just a good back. Then there was money on the line and he was dominant.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's the real question. If both Alexander and the Seahawks bomb, who will win the NFC West? Arizona? St.Louis?

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:33 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Hutchinson's loss won't be anywhere near the impact some of you are thinking. Alexander will still be a top back. The only reason he won't be a top back is because he got his contract. Before his 2 contract years Alexander was just a good back. Then there was money on the line and he was dominant.
you are seriously underrating how good Hutch is.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Immaculate Tackle
Veteran

Immaculate Tackle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He has so many bad things going for him, I would be surprised if he had a decent season

1) Tremendous load the year before, with well over 400 carries if you include the post-season
2) Loss of hutchinson
3) Year after signing a big contract
4) Superbowl losers
5) Madden curse
Immaculate Tackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Here's the real question. If both Alexander and the Seahawks bomb, who will win the NFC West? Arizona? St.Louis?
I'd guess Arizona. New coach in St. Louis, and we know 49ers blow. I think both will have transition years.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:23 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
Quote:
I know Hutch is a top 2 guard in the league, but to think one guard will have that much of an effect on a RB is crazy.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:53 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
perfectkey stated. He has his contract so i don't expect another vrecord breaking year but he will be among the best in the biz this year
Old 07-15-2006, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect something in the 1400-1600 range for Shaun Alexander this year, since all he's good for is running the ball. The loss of Hutchinson will have an impact on his numbers, but not a great enough impact to knock him out of the 100 YPG range.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 08:02 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He will get around the normal yards like 1000-1200 but no where near what he got before.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:15 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I know Hutch is a top 2 guard in the league, but to think one guard will have that much of an effect on a RB is crazy.

He is going to have a effect on the whole damn offense. Watch and see.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:12 AM    (permalink
The Fat Kid
Pro Bowler

The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid The Fat Kid

i dont see shaun doing any worse than 1450. but i dont see him doing any better than 1775.

sig by CalBears99
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
I HAVE ISSUES!
The Fat Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 11:25 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Kid
i dont see shaun doing any worse than 1450. but i dont see him doing any better than 1775.
Total shocker there.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:29 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Kid
better start praying.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:31 AM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

He is going to have a effect on the whole damn offense. Watch and see.
no not really.