Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-27-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
The upcoming season should be an exciting one. We have a bunch of NFL-caliber players that don't get talked about very often.

First off, I'm a bit dissapointed about Steffy being our guy. I guess he has looked better, but I really want Portis to be our starter at quarterback.

Lance Ball and Lattimore are money as a 1-2 combo, I love how we use them.

Darrius Heyward-Bey is one of my favorite players and if he continues to progress, I think he's a first rounder. 6'2", 210 pounds, legit 4.3 speed doesn't come around that often. And I think he actually has room to get bigger and faster.

Erin Henderson is amazing as well. Tackling machine with great talent, and I think he could be as good as his brother was. A sleeper pick for the Butkus award in my opinion and potential 1st rounder.

If Gaither has a good year, and than has some Maryland type workouts, he should also be a 1st rounder.

Another guy that doesn't get talked about very often is nose tackle Dre Moore. I think he had a great year last season. He's got ridiculous potential. 310 pounds with 4.8 speed and great strength. I realize this is a bit optimistic, but if he has a great season, I think he could hear his name called in the first round.
Ok this is going back before my time but Dre Moore brings back comparisons to another uber athletic DT from UMD... Randy White that played DT/DE for the Dallas Cowboys. He could be a real player in the league in a few years.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Wouldnt it be great to see Jared Gaither in the Purple and Black taking over for JO next draft. One 6'9 OT for another 6'9 tackle both with incredible athletic ability and desire to be the best.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

go_ravens94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Wouldnt it be great to see Jared Gaither in the Purple and Black taking over for JO next draft. One 6'9 OT for another 6'9 tackle both with incredible athletic ability and desire to be the best.
That would be wonderful for us!
Old 04-27-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
if we don't get joe staley tommorrow then that would be sick
Old 05-08-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Looks like next off season we are going to have one of the Top recruiting classes in the nation. We are in the running for the Top FS prospect in the country and we are Top on the radar for RB Lamaar Thomas a Reggie Bush clone that is already running in the 4.3 range prior to his senior season. We have signed Teddy Dargan a nasty DT with a High football IQ with tons of potential. Seems as though we could have a Top Notch program that can compete with OSU & Florida & USC on the recruiting front since we have a presence of helping talented players get to the NFL. Will be scary to get all the transfers eligible and our talented class this year and next on the field in 09 !! National Champs in 2010 !!!!
Old 05-09-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Don't know if he's been mentioned, but who else is excited about Antwine Perez coming to Maryland? 4 star safety, transferring after his freshman year at Southern California. 6'1", 200 pounds, 4.5 coming out of HS.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
Don't know if he's been mentioned, but who else is excited about Antwine Perez coming to Maryland? 4 star safety, transferring after his freshman year at Southern California. 6'1", 200 pounds, 4.5 coming out of HS.
Someone did mention him in another thread... sounds like an interesting prospect but he isnt playing this year if I am not mistaken... If we get Will Hill through recruiting who is the #1 FS recruit out there and Perez that would be scary to say the least. Maryland could contend for the National Championship in 2009 or 2010 if we continue on our recruiting path we are on...
Old 05-09-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow looks like some exciting times ahead for the terps

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

our freshman linebacker.. alex wujarck... something, has been playing amazing this spring...

look for him to be a stud next year
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Erin Henderson will be a beast. I'd love to get him. He's strong and powerful enough to play 3-4.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Erin Henderson will be a beast. I'd love to get him. He's strong and powerful enough to play 3-4.
I dont know that I would call him strong and powerful... I liken him to Jarvis Moss with a little more strength. He is a lot thinner then his brother was but a lot faster. He would be a good OLB in the 3-4 scheme...
Old 05-10-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dont know that I would call him strong and powerful... I liken him to Jarvis Moss with a little more strength. He is a lot thinner then his brother was but a lot faster. He would be a good OLB in the 3-4 scheme...
he bulked up to 235 already this year

and straight from the umd roster website

"365-pound bench tied for highest among inside linebackers last season."

and thats just last season
Old 05-12-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://umterps.cstv.com/sports/m-foo...042807aac.html

Heres a breakdown of the Red vs White game. Also whoever mentioned Alex Wujciak before is right, this guy is a stud. He reminds me almost of James Lauranatis.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
http://umterps.cstv.com/sports/m-foo...042807aac.html

Heres a breakdown of the Red vs White game. Also whoever mentioned Alex Wujciak before is right, this guy is a stud. He reminds me almost of James Lauranatis.
yeah i've seen him play here, he is so fundamentally solid (like most white LB's) but he has the athleticism to go along with it

when erin is gone this guy will shine

umd... new linebacker U??
Old 05-18-2007, 10:22 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dagger right in the heart of the UMD season.........

Jared Gaither is academically ineligible to play for the 07 season, and UMD is dropping his scholarship. And now I will jump off of the bay bridge. :(

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:53 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post

Jared Gaither is academically ineligible to play for the 07 season, and UMD is dropping his scholarship. And now I will jump off of the bay bridge. :(
Yeah that sucks, Supplemental draft here he comes. Ill jump off the key bridge, alot closer to my house.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:16 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Yeah that sucks, Supplemental draft here he comes. Ill jump off the key bridge, alot closer to my house.

Good point, meet ya there in 20 minutes!

Actually I am reserving my jump, if the Ravens get him then Ill stay dry.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 05-18-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

couldnt he have gone into the nfl draft this year if he wanted to??? i guess he failed his reasoning classes too....

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
couldnt he have gone into the nfl draft this year if he wanted to??? i guess he failed his reasoning classes too....
Yea he could have, from what I heard he wasn't being told he was a definite 1st rounder so he decided to go back because he would have been IMO the top OT prospect next year especially after the combine.

Ravens should take him in the 4th of the Supplemental.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 05-21-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

gaither was given the spring off of practice to get eligable, also he was provided with tutors, etc, to help him... it is terrible that the guy still couldnt pass his classes
Old 05-21-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Look I realize that being a college athlete you have to pass your classes, but I ask you this if this was FL St or Da U do you think he would have gotten kicked out for grades? No he wouldn't have, and that my friends is why we will never compete for a National Championship, Ralph is too concerned with graduation rates and his players actually working for their grades instead of letting the professors know to pass him.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 05-22-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Look I realize that being a college athlete you have to pass your classes, but I ask you this if this was FL St or Da U do you think he would have gotten kicked out for grades? No he wouldn't have, and that my friends is why we will never compete for a National Championship, Ralph is too concerned with graduation rates and his players actually working for their grades instead of letting the professors know to pass him.
he has to worry about graduation rates or else he gets canned
Old 05-22-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
he has to worry about graduation rates or else he gets canned
Not if he wins national championships, they wont can him then.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 05-22-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that would be so sweet if we took him in the supplemental. definately worth a 4th. I doubt we do it though, we'd have an amazing future line though.

LT - Terry/Jared Gaither
LG - Jason Brown
C - Chris Chester/Brown
RG - Ben Grubbs/Yanda
RT - Marshall Yanda/Gaither
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not if he wins national championships, they wont can him then.
IF he gets the graduation rates up high enough while winning a few NC's.. I think thats when they let him slide

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote