Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best statistical WR, imo, will be Meachem. Last year Brees was outstanding, and I don't think he will be worse this year. He made Colston, Henderson, Horn, even Cooper produce well on the field. Meachem has great potential, Brees will use it properly for sure. I expect 900 yards out of him.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:14 AM    (permalink
JCutlery
Veteran

JCutlery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Adrian Peterson
Ted Ginn
Reggie Nelson
Chris Houston
Lawrence Timmons
Old 05-18-2007, 10:25 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'll go ahead and throw out a couple of mid to late round guys who I think could do pretty well:

Daymeion Hughes (Colts) - Too much stock was put into his 40 time; he was simply one of the best in the nation and looks to be a perfect fit for their Cover 2.

Manuel Ramirez (Lions) - Lions O-Line was mediocre, so he has a decent chance to start; I thought of him as underrated and a Day One pick.

Fred Bennett (Texans) - Very good chance of seeing action as a nickel back or possibly even a starter; Houston doesn't have too much at corner besides Dunta Robinson.

Le'Ron McClain (Ravens) - Won't get much acclaim, but he'll be a good blocker and receiving option out of the backfield.

Brandon Harrison (Texans) - Texans have worst starting safety duo in the league, if he impresses during camp he could wind up starting.

Dante Rosario (Panthers) - I like him as an H-back in the Chris Cooley mold; it all depends on how Carolina uses him but I thought he was more than a fifth round pick.

Mason Crosby (Packers) - Best kicker in the draft; I thought he could have gone as high as the late second round.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For some odd reason I think Michael Bush will do very well this year in Oakland.

I was high on Dallas Baker before the draft so I think he'll do well too in Pittsburgh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
Mason Crosby (Packers) - Best kicker in the draft; I thought he could have gone as high as the late second round.
Very overrated. Medlock was the best kicker IMO.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tank Tyler will dominate everyone in his path
Old 05-18-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If this thread goes long enough, every single Rookie's name will be thrown out as a "breakout rookie".
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Walker and Terrel Brown are the two guys I have suprising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
If this thread goes long enough, every single Rookie's name will be thrown out as a "breakout rookie".
I guarantee that Kevin Kolb will not be named in a serious discussion.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

DaBears9654 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

[hopeful homerism]
Greg Olsen
[/hopeful homerism]

[realism]
It bugs me a division opponent getting Calvin Johnson, b/c I don't see how he can be a bust. Well, other than the fact that Matt Millen drafted him.
[/realism]

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.
DaBears9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Scar
Rookie

Scar hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Kevin Kolb might not contribute anything for the next year or two, but I won't be surprised if he's one of the best QB's from this draft in 3-4 years. Shocked the Eagles took him as high as they did, but had the guy pegged as a sleeper predraft.
Scar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
49erfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag View Post
Mike Walker and Terrel Brown are the two guys I have suprising.
I hope you're right about Brown but I don't see him starting this season. There are three veterans in front of him, that I don't see him outplaying this year. Walt Harris is old though, and Spencer needs to prove he can preform consistently. I see Brown making a big splash in his second or third year.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Kevin Kolb might not contribute anything for the next year or two, but I won't be surprised if he's one of the best QB's from this draft in 3-4 years. Shocked the Eagles took him as high as they did, but had the guy pegged as a sleeper predraft.
But this is a rookie breakout of 07 thread.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
broncs2bowl

how bout: Jarvis Moss, Tim Crowder and Marcus Thomas
Old 05-19-2007, 01:30 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB- Brady Quinn or John Beck- because I think they'll be the only 2 to see significant playing time at the QB position

RB- Marshawn Lynch- he will be the best RB from this draft and he should be playin in Baltimore dammit!!

FB- Le'Ron McClain- he may be Ravens starting FB from day 1 and he is the next Lorenzo Neal

WR- Calvin Johnson, Aundrae Allison- Calvin is a freak and he'll dominate, and Aundrae is my favorite WR from this draft and he'll see loads of playing time in Minny and he'll surprise many.

TE- Greg Olsen- Bears are lucky to have this guy.

OT- Levi Brown, Joe Staley- Both will be standouts for their respective teams for many years to come.

OG- Ben Grubbs- He should start from day 1 and he'll see the most action of any OG in the draft.

C- Ryan Kalil- Probably wont see much time but if he does he is the best interior lineman in the draft class.

DE- Jamaal Anderson- He'll be better than Gaines when all is said and done.

DT- Alan Branch- The best DT in the draft, he'll eat up blockers and LBs on his team will look alot better because of him.

OLB- Jon Beason- Awesome talent and great athlete.

MLB- Patrick Willis- A beast.... nuff said.

CB- Darrelle Revis- Gives the Jets 3 pretty good young CBs making their d instantly better.

FS- Brandon Meriweather- Very talented and cmon he's from Da U, you know he's gonna tear it up.

SS- LaRon Landry- If he is as good as his brother Dawan then he is gonna be excellent.

K- Justin Medlock- He is clutch and has a strong leg.

P- Adam Podlesh- Amazing athlete and a great punter too.

KR- Josh Wilson- He is great at Kickoff returns, and leaves a bit to be desired in punt returns so I think he'll be the best rookie kickoff returner.

PR- Yamon Figurs- The only reason I say this is because Ted Ginn might be a little slowed from his injury.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Olsen and Dan Bazuin B)

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:41 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no one mentioned the future rookie of the year and im dead serious.

Steve Smith... the one rookie who was spectacular on his first days in minicamp.

It's kind of sad when your first round DB is getting murdered by your second round wr.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 04:09 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

LaRon Landry - SS

Brandon Jackson - RB

Justin Harrell - DT

Antwan Barnes - OLB
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:21 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
And everybody has been wondering why ever since.
I agree he'll break out, but for Henry, production wise, a 3.8 YPC and 500 yds would be considered 'breaking out'
tbh from what players have been saying about him in TC and how high our coaches have been on him

i reckon hes going to turn a hell of alot of heads this year

he may have been a workout warrior but hes gonna be one hell of a back
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 06:31 AM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sidney Rice
Dwayne Jarrett
CJ
AD
Old 05-19-2007, 07:17 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jarrett
Landry
Mason Crosby
21ST is offline   Reply With Quote