Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 05-17-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm the only one who thinks Ellis is becoming a joke? He recently said

Quote:
"A contract extension says you are our guy and we want you here," Ellis said. "It sets it straight with that guy. It sets it straight with the media. It sets it straight with everybody. I haven't talked to Jerry about it, and I am not going to. But it's understood, and Jerry knows it. I think Jerry should do something."
Are you kidding me Greg? You're 32, signed through 2009 ad you want a contract extension? I think that at 35 years you won't be a great player anymore, you can't ask an extension and you cant' complain about your team drafting your future replacement, considering that you're coming off a major injury.
I like Ellis, I like what he did for us in many years, he was a good player and a mentor. But I'm actually thinking that he's starting to annoy the organization too much. If he continues with this complainment I should trade him, there's no way he should receive a contract extension or more money. He's getting old, he's starting the downside of his career, he should realize that he's playing his last years in the NFL. The time to make big money passed a few years and a major injury ago.

Here some details:

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/story.../16/104452/672

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

No way this team goes 6-10. At worst 10-6 IMO. I know I sound like a homer, but I really don't think I am being one. This team is stacked. We should be the #1 seed in the NFC pretty easily. Our defense is going to be much better with the dominant pass rush. Our offense is going to go deep more as well. I can't wait for September!!!

Last edited by Achilles33 : 05-17-2007 at 01:59 PM.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Leonard Davis saves a horse's life:

Quote:
Bigg comes through

They call Leonard Davis "Bigg," I guess because he is big.

Well, after talking to him last night from his home in Chandler, Ariz., I can see why. Davis pulled a horse out of a sinkhole yesterday. Probably saved his life.

When Davis stands next to the horse, he's almost as big. Davis is about 350 pounds and the horse is about 2,000 pounds. So go figure.

Bigg will return to Dallas on Friday and get ready for some more workouts with the Cowboys. After hearing and seeing pictures of him pulling out "Ranger" the horse, he needs a day off.

From http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/
More on this story: http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstory/...t.34c4f7b.html

Previously noted, Davis is now 350, losing 15 pounds so far this offeason.

Last edited by Achilles33 : 05-17-2007 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

350? lose more fatty :)
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
No way this team goes 6-10. At worst 10-6 IMO. I know I sound like a homer, but I really don't think I am being one. This team is stacked. We should be the #1 seed in the NFC pretty easily. Our defense is going to be much better with the dominant pass rush. Our offense is going to go deep more as well. I can't wait for September!!!
since no one had posed a question that required a response like this, im going to assume you have turrets.

and btw, no one could care less about any of your predictions.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
DSlay4

does anyone know how much Roy Williams weights?
Old 05-17-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
This is why people who say Ware should rush everydown have no clue what they are talking about. It renders the very strength of a 3-4 useless.

How your Linebackers read the play and adjust their assignments at the LOS is fundamental to playing great 3-4.

If every play Ware must rush then he is just another DE in a 4-3. An ineffective one at that too.

For example, if a TE is lined up weak side with a FB on the strong side what the hell is wrong with Ware taking the TE and shotting the WILB (James) into the G/T gap, giving Hatcher or Canty the outside rush. Let Ayodele and Carpenter on the strong side cover the underneath with a 4 man rush.

If you want to blitz shoot Roy Williams into 3/5 gap and shoot Carpenter into the 9/7 with Sears occupying the 5/7. Let the remaining LB (Ayodele) play short zone to pick up the FB/RB if he goes on a pattern or the QB scrambles ... if your CB and FS can cover three WR you will get a sack or generate pressure. Big IF though

So many things you can do out of 3-4 with the right backers playing smart. Hell Jimmy Johnson Mr 4-3 used his DEs much like 3-4 OLB so ......... this is nothing new to folks except those who don't know the game.

Some folks here in D just constantly complian about going 3-4 because they hate Parcells and are more interested in DeMarcus getting sacks than playing good D. Never knowing BP 3-4 and Flex Landry are similar and that Jimmy Johnson employed Dick LeBeau 3-4 concepts into those 90s Ds.

So frustrating to hear the folks down here. Just plain dumb.

Yup. This game hasn't changed much schematically. People think it has, but it really hasn't. At the end of the day, its just a formation. You brought up great points about the BP 3-4. Heres the thing with his scheme: You need smart players to run it.

Thats why you see NE purposefully go out and get smart guys over fast guys in the draft. You need a nogen to make this defense click. Bruschi, Vrabel, Seymour, Warren, Harrison etc...these are smart guys. Thats why the read and react approach didn't work too well in Dallas. Spears and Canty were continuously screwing up their assignment.

One thing that youre overlooking with LeBeau though, is his innovation of the zone blitz technique. That was a HUGE addition to modern day defenses. That to me was his biggest addition to the evolution of defense.

If I remember correctly, didn't Jimmy Johnson run a man Cover 2 scheme? I remember it being built similarly to a Cover 2 front, but not as small, and running more man coverage compared to a Cover 2. I don't remember the DEs dropping in coverage to be honest. Although its entirely plausible because I remember San Fransisco doing that with Haley in his 49er years.

The 84 49ers had a great and underappreciated defense. I know that was random, but eh.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Yup. This game hasn't changed much schematically. People think it has, but it really hasn't. At the end of the day, its just a formation. You brought up great points about the BP 3-4. Heres the thing with his scheme: You need smart players to run it.

Thats why you see NE purposefully go out and get smart guys over fast guys in the draft. You need a nogen to make this defense click. Bruschi, Vrabel, Seymour, Warren, Harrison etc...these are smart guys. Thats why the read and react approach didn't work too well in Dallas. Spears and Canty were continuously screwing up their assignment.

One thing that youre overlooking with LeBeau though, is his innovation of the zone blitz technique. That was a HUGE addition to modern day defenses. That to me was his biggest addition to the evolution of defense.

If I remember correctly, didn't Jimmy Johnson run a man Cover 2 scheme? I remember it being built similarly to a Cover 2 front, but not as small, and running more man coverage compared to a Cover 2. I don't remember the DEs dropping in coverage to be honest. Although its entirely plausible because I remember San Fransisco doing that with Haley in his 49er years.

The 84 49ers had a great and underappreciated defense. I know that was random, but eh.

JJ and Wannstedt would frequently drop a DE or DT into a zone and leave a G/T combination sitting there looking for someone to block. Sometimes even overloading one of 9 Gaps with a LB or Safety blitz.

It was effective when used sparingly but when you caught them in it you would run a draw play right at the hole vacated by the DT. Guaranteed 5-10 yard run if you got the seal block on the between the 3 and 7/9 gap.

Cover 1 Man with Jimmy mostly. Sometimes 1 Deep Zone (Cover 1 Zone to the young-ins who use the taxonomy incorrectly). But overall Jimmy wanted a FS patroling deep with good man coverage on the corners

Last edited by robert_in_bigd : 05-17-2007 at 03:39 PM.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSlay4 View Post
does anyone know how much Roy Williams weights?

too much ........
Old 05-17-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
DSlay4

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
too much ........
didnt he loose weight....thats what everyones been saying
Old 05-17-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSlay4 View Post
didnt he loose weight....thats what everyones been saying
Roy should play 210. I don't care for his making "Jacked Up" highlights. I want him to cover a F*ing TE and be able to play the FS role when neeed.

All this play near the LOS stuff is like putting a square peg in a round hole or the equivalent of saying Ware need to blitz every time.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

just thought i would put this up for anyone who wants to look at this year's D comapred to last years. Pretty good explination to go with it.

http://www.bnbathletics.com/cowboysv...v/compare.html
Old 05-19-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
just thought i would put this up for anyone who wants to look at this year's D comapred to last years. Pretty good explination to go with it.

http://www.bnbathletics.com/cowboysv...v/compare.html
My only issue with information like this is that it takes 1 play and analyzes that as the 'way the defense is run'. It's not as if the Cowboys chose to never stunt or that the Chargers always stunted, etc. I'm not saying it isn't valid, it's just too little information to base entire theories on.

The best 'vote of confidence' that I've seen regarding Wade's defense is that prior to his arrival in San Diego in 2003 the Chargers were ranked 31st in total defense with 441 points allowed. In 2004, Wade's first year, they were ranked 11th in total defense (first in rush defense) with 313 points allowed. Also keep in mind that this is prior to the arrival of Merriman, Phillips and Louis Castillo. So it appears he did this with scheme more than superior talent.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Rob, Ware is going to blitz everytime this season.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good read on Phillips:

http://theboysblog.com/2007/05/18/ca...illips-effect/

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
Rob, Ware is going to blitz everytime this season.
that is an Idiotic defensive plan. Mixing up who's gonna blitz is part of running the 3-4.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
that is an Idiotic defensive plan. Mixing up who's gonna blitz is part of running the 3-4.
To the stupid fan all Ware should do is blitz.

Fact he is the best SOLB in the game and he allows you to mask and disguise blitz packages due to his superior coverage skills.

These idiots are carpenters who only have a hammer in their tool box.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
My only issue with information like this is that it takes 1 play and analyzes that as the 'way the defense is run'. It's not as if the Cowboys chose to never stunt or that the Chargers always stunted, etc. I'm not saying it isn't valid, it's just too little information to base entire theories on.

The best 'vote of confidence' that I've seen regarding Wade's defense is that prior to his arrival in San Diego in 2003 the Chargers were ranked 31st in total defense with 441 points allowed. In 2004, Wade's first year, they were ranked 11th in total defense (first in rush defense) with 313 points allowed. Also keep in mind that this is prior to the arrival of Merriman, Phillips and Louis Castillo. So it appears he did this with scheme more than superior talent.
Good point, I wish they would of had at least 3 or 4 examples in each category, but in reality this is a pretty accurate portrayal of how last year was for both teams. Us giving unlimited time, and the Chargers collapsing the pocket in a matter of 3 seconds...
Old 05-19-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Hey, it is not my plan, it is Wade's. Although I don't want him to stoop to Merriman's "just run at the QB'' level, I guess Wade does.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where does Wade say "Ware is going to only Blitz."?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Everyone knows that. There was an artcile on DC.com during mini-camp, but it isn't there anymore because the new articles went over it. Ware isn't going to be covering anymore, you can be assured of that.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is absurd. I won't believe that until I hear it from Wade. Don't pull that "Everyone knows that" crap with me, find me one quote where he says that. Because I find it hard to believe that Wade's scheme which is big on disguises, would do something so damn predictable.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

OMG it was in a freakin link. It was from last week so it isn't on the site anymore. Jesus. He said he would be pass rushing a lot more. Ware is going to do exactly what Merriman does. Like it or not.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Achilles felt the need to PM me a few days ago to try and tell me I'm and idiot and my posts suck and so on....

Anyway, he just sent me one of the greatest responses ever. Just thought I'd show you guys how far his imagination can actually go.

"LMAO. I don't care about this stupid form, or that blog. And in the real world, I have got more ***** already thatn you will get in your entire life. Your the loser. I enjoy ripping apart your posts, because they suck." - Achilles33
Old 05-19-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

^^^^^ I'd also like to point out that i hadn't brought up anything about who got more ass between the two of us. He just decided to throw that in there to mask his insecurities or something of that sort. Ha.