Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-07-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone watching, Calzaghe dominating so far behind his jab, he hasn't really hurt Manfredo, but Manfredo looks lost in there. To be expected I guess

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's all over! Soft stoppage IMO even though Manfredo wasn't firing back anything

Old 05-08-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Manfredo stoppage was one of the worst I've ever seen. Anybody lookin forward to Zab vs. Cotto? I think it's gonna be a great fight and if Zab can stay focused or land big shots early on, Cotto's not makin it past the 8th.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm trying to go to Zab v. Cotto. Cotto's chin needs to be tested early thats for sure.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
That Manfredo stoppage was one of the worst I've ever seen. Anybody lookin forward to Zab vs. Cotto? I think it's gonna be a great fight and if Zab can stay focused or land big shots early on, Cotto's not makin it past the 8th.
I think it could be great. I Think Cotto may surprise some people.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:30 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SugarSean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Zab has his issues, but I can't help but think about how he dominated Floyd over the first four rounds of their fight. I hope Zab can stay focused and in good enough shape to make some noise again. I think he's probably the most naturally gifted figher in the sport. His handspeed and power are ridiculous. I have nothin against Cotto, but I would just love to see Zab perform at his highest level on that big stage in June and pull out a victory.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glen Johnson v. Griffin nice old timers fight.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I've always like Glen Johnson's relentless always moving forward style.
Quote:
Old 05-20-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Taylor vs. Spinks was a joke. It was the type of fight that I pray no potential fan of the sport was watching.

Here's my detailed analysis of the fight:

Round 1 - Spinks danced. Jermain watched. No punches were thrown. Manny Steward yelled at Jermain iafter the round because Jermain wasn't listening or throwing any punches. Merchant sucked. Fans booed.

Rounds 2-12
(repeat)
Old 05-20-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Haha, pretty good analysis, who did you have winning it? IMO Cory sneaked it, but I can't complain at the verdict as he didn't exactly rip the title away from Taylor...

Old 05-20-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Man I couldn't even keep up with scoring it because nobody was punching. I guess I would have to score a few rounds as even. Jermain was landing in the single digits most of the rounds and Cory was throwin in the single digits. Not landing...throwing. I really don't know who won. The Pavlik and Miranda fight was alrite, but it was pretty sloppy. I hate Cory Spinks.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:02 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

That X-Plosive is only two days away. Anybody amped for this fight? Rob, I know you are. Zab wasn't lookin like he was training too hard on the Countdown.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sultan is champ. I knew he would beat Briggs.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:03 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

Rob S, props to your boy Cotto for takin care of business in an impressive fashion. Great fight.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:56 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really was a good fight, but I can see where Judah wants a rematch. I'm positive those 2 low blows had a big effect.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:01 AM    (permalink
SugarSean
Rookie

I think Zab wants a rematch b/c he realizes that he'll never get another big fight again. I can honestly say F**K Zab Judah. He beat Floyd for four rounds and then quit punching and last night just about every time he threw a combo or any type of left hand he hurt Cotto, but then he stopped throwing. I read in an article something about how it's funny how u can watch every Zab fight and see that as the rounds go on, he throws less punches and his dad throws more and more in between rounds. And it held true last night. He has all the tools, but if I were making a boxing video game, I would have Zab's heart as a 0/100. No joke. And I'd have his balls at about 3/100 b/c at least we no he has those by the way he reacted to getting hit down there, but he certainly doesn't have big ones.

I was moderately impressed with Cotto's performance, but I still think he would get handled by Floyd. He justs gets hit too easily for my liking. His defense is the only thing that's holding him back from being an undeniable force in everyone's eyes. Depending on how he looks against Margarito (if he wins against Williams) next he still may not be ready. Cotto fans were demanding him to fight Floyd next year on the eve of the Puerto Rican Day, but I think he should look at Mosely for that date. If he can get through Margarito and Shane w/o takin as much punishment as he usually does, then I think around next fall he should fight Floyd in a MEGAFIGHT. Preferably somewhere in Louisiana, so I could go to it. (wishful thinking)

But again, props to Cotto for taking care of business in front of his largest fan base, unlike Jermain Taylor. I like where the kid is headed.

Last edited by SugarSean : 06-10-2007 at 10:04 AM.
SugarSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSean View Post
I think Zab wants a rematch b/c he realizes that he'll never get another big fight again. I can honestly say F**K Zab Judah. He beat Floyd for four rounds and then quit punching and last night just about every time he threw a combo or any type of left hand he hurt Cotto, but then he stopped throwing. I read in an article something about how it's funny how u can watch every Zab fight and see that as the rounds go on, he throws less punches and his dad throws more and more in between rounds. And it held true last night. He has all the tools, but if I were making a boxing video game, I would have Zab's heart as a 0/100. No joke. And I'd have his balls at about 3/100 b/c at least we no he has those by the way he reacted to getting hit down there, but he certainly doesn't have big ones.

I was moderately impressed with Cotto's performance, but I still think he would get handled by Floyd. He justs gets hit too easily for my liking. His defense is the only thing that's holding him back from being an undeniable force in everyone's eyes. Depending on how he looks against Margarito (if he wins against Williams) next he still may not be ready. Cotto fans were demanding him to fight Floyd next year on the eve of the Puerto Rican Day, but I think he should look at Mosely for that date. If he can get through Margarito and Shane w/o takin as much punishment as he usually does, then I think around next fall he should fight Floyd in a MEGAFIGHT. Preferably somewhere in Louisiana, so I could go to it. (wishful thinking)

But again, props to Cotto for taking care of business in front of his largest fan base, unlike Jermain Taylor. I like where the kid is headed.
love the idea.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Can't wait for the Ricky Hatton fight Saturday night baby! Hatton is gonna KO him in the 10th Round easy win for The Hitman. Hopfully Hatton's next two fights are Cotto and Mayweather to prove that Hatton is The Best.
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
hornybastard
Rookie

hornybastard needs more cowbell.

I think the Hatton Castillo fight is gonna be good I see one of them getting KOed in the 11th. There both aggressive fighters that won't take a step back.

Seattle Sports baby!

Shaun Alexander, Lofa Tatupu, Matt Hasselbeck, Kevin Durant and Ichiro Suzuki are all gods!
hornybastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

didnt see the thread till now. anyway, I think Cotto has the best shot at beating mayweather of any boxer right now.......dont feel like going into it now but if u want me to elaborate i will. Also, MSG was the loudest i have ever heard it (I was at a ranger playoff game too......and Cotto-Judah owned it) Pumped for the fight tonight, i think hatton should win due to size and pressure, but JLC is a great, great fighter and will stay in there and rip that left hook.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Veteran

Ricky Hitman Hatton baby best Boxer in the buiz right now. Hatton vs. Mayweather baby Hatton will whip him up! Mayweather is a bum Hatton is the man.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:19 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didnt see the fight but, i heard 4th round KO... wish i could have seen it live...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Veteran

Hatton gave him a left hook right in the body and Castillo just went to one knee and he just gave up.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:16 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ggo4hlf8V8Q

Hatton knocks out Castillo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone think Andrew Golota will make a return?