Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-17-2006, 03:01 PM    (permalink

Default Derrick Brooks vs. Keith Brooking

Shiver and I are having a debate as to who is better/more valuable, Keith Brooking or Derrick Brooks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
You called me a homer, because I didn't think Derrick Brooks is exponentially an upgrade than Keith Brooking is at this point and time.
I think Keith Brooking is a good player, but I also think Derrick Brooks is a great player and is not showing his age yet. Everyone says he is getting older and slower...

Derrick Brooks ranked #2 in the NFL in tackles for Outside Linebackers in 2005. He was 2 combined tackles (125) behind the leader, Demorrio Williams (127).

This is not to mention 3 sacks, 1 INT, a 2006 Pro Bowl MVP, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Keith Brooking had a very very respectable 115 tackles, 3.5 sacks, and 4 INTs.

The question is, which one is more valuable: Brooks or Brooking (this question isn't a "dynasty" question, as to which one is more valuable over the next 8 years, but just for next season).
Old 07-17-2006, 03:04 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brooking easily. He is the second best OLB (behind Bulluck) and he can play every LB position. He is very important to the Falcons defense. Brooks is very important to the Bucs, but next season I would take Brooking.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Steelcurtain1970
Rookie

Steelcurtain1970 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Brooking is awesome but doesnt compare to the leadership and ability of Brooks

Made by stephenson86
Steelcurtain1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to go with Brooks...even if I was a Falcon fan i probably would consider him the best OLB in the game...

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

- 5 Straight Pro-Bowls at three different positions. (4-3 WLB, MLB and 3-4 ILB)
- Only 30 Years old, three years younger than Brooks.
- Had 3 more Interceptions than Brooks, and the same ammount of Sacks.

Career Wise; Brooks.
Here and Now; Brooking.

Of note; this started because I felt Chris Hovan would be a bigger upgrade for the Falcons defense, than Derrick Brooks would be. In the "take 2 from your division teams" thread.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:13 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelcurtain1970
Brooking is the unquestioned leader of the Falcons defense.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brooking. He was only 10 tackles behind brooks, but he picked off 5 more passes.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: Derrick Brooks vs. Keith Brooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simms2Clayton
Shiver and I are having a debate as to who is better/more valuable, Keith Brooking or Derrick Brooks.

Quote:
You called me a homer, because I didn't think Derrick Brooks is exponentially an upgrade than Keith Brooking is at this point and time.
I think Keith Brooking is a good player, but I also think Derrick Brooks is a great player and is not showing his age yet. Everyone says he is getting older and slower...

Derrick Brooks ranked #2 in the NFL in tackles for Outside Linebackers in 2005. He was 2 combined tackles (125) behind the leader, Demorrio Williams (127).

This is not to mention 3 sacks, 1 INT, a 2006 Pro Bowl MVP, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Keith Brooking had a very very respectable 115 tackles, 3.5 sacks, and 4 INTs.

The question is, which one is more valuable: Brooks or Brooking (this question isn't a "dynasty" question, as to which one is more valuable over the next 8 years, but just for next season).
yeah and you forgot to mention that Brooking was playing out of his natural WLB spot the entire year. you also completely forgot the fact that Brooking had an overall better year considering he was only 10 tackles behind Brooks but had 3 more INT's and .5 more sacks. and no one cares about pro bowl MVP. it's like bragging about company softball MVP.

Owner of ScarDraft
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's stupid to think that

10 Tackles

>

.5 Sack
3 Interceptions

Not even considering age, which Brooking has much more left in the tank.

Old 07-17-2006, 03:28 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988
Quote:
Brooks is the unquestioned leader of the Buccaneers TEAM, not just defense.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:29 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simms2Clayton
Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988
Quote:
Brooks is the unquestioned leader of the Buccaneers TEAM, not just defense.
well, I'm sorry the Falcons have Vick who leads the entire team. You can't really hold that against Brooking. man sometimes you come off as the biggest ****** I have ever seen post here.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 07-17-2006, 03:32 PM    (permalink

Quote:
- 5 Straight Pro-Bowls at three different positions. (4-3 WLB, MLB and 3-4 ILB)
- Only 30 Years old, three years younger than Brooks.
- Had 3 more Interceptions than Brooks, and the same ammount of Sacks.
-9 straight Pro bowls, take that
-Brooks doesn't play his age like I said
-Mad props to Brooking for the INTs, not going to lie
Old 07-17-2006, 03:36 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would take Keith Brooking he can play a lot of positons on defense. He has a couple more years more to play then Brooks.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:37 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Brooking. He was only 10 tackles behind brooks, but he picked off 5 more passes.
It's 3 more INTs. You subtract, not add. j/k Staubach
Old 07-17-2006, 03:37 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84
I would take Keith Brooking he can play a lot of positons on defense. He has a couple more years more to play then Brooks.
This wasn't a multiple season question. Read the freaking question (*******)
Old 07-17-2006, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

I'd probaly go with Derrick Brooks if I had one season to win the Super Bowl. He has the experience and talent to lead a defence both physically and mentally. Also, analyzing stats (especially when they're this similar) won't determine who the better player is.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 04:04 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses
I'd probaly go with Derrick Brooks if I had one season to win the Super Bowl. He has the experience and talent to lead a defence both physically and mentally. Also, analyzing stats (especially when they're this similar) won't determine who the better player is.
Good point about the stats, I just wanted to prove that Brooks isn't slowing down like people want to claim. And I have to show Brooking's stats to be fair. So there you go.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:17 PM    (permalink
YoJoeBucsFan
Veteran

YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Brooks hands down.
YoJoeBucsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 04:25 PM    (permalink

Derrick Brooks and its not even close for me.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:28 PM    (permalink
bofadabizzles
Veteran

bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's stupid to think that

10 Tackles

>

.5 Sack
3 Interceptions

Not even considering age, which Brooking has much more left in the tank.
If we are talking about last year, Brooks and the Bucs beat Brooking and the Falcons 2x, and Brooks forced Vick to fumble while the Falcons were driving to win the first game.

If we are talking about the length of their careers, it's not even close. Brooks was the Defensive MVP of the NFL the year the Bucs won the the Super Bowl, he was even better in the playoffs that year.

If we are talking about the future, well, ya gotta beat the champ to be the champ.
bofadabizzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 04:35 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrick Brooks

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bofadabizzles
If we are talking about last year, Brooks and the Bucs beat Brooking and the Falcons 2x, and Brooks forced Vick to fumble while the Falcons were driving to win the first game.
Yeah, Brooks and that defense were the reason Tampa Bay won those two games. (27 Points, 443 Net Yards, and 24 Points allowed, 281 Net Yards) :roll: Not to mention, Brooks didn't cause the fumble, Dunn's helmet did. It was the O-Line that let Brooks go untouched, forcing Dunn to jump in front of Vick, thus his helmet and the football collided.

Quote:
If we are talking about the length of their careers, it's not even close. Brooks was the Defensive MVP of the NFL the year the Bucs won the the Super Bowl, he was even better in the playoffs that year.
No debate from me, over their career, Brooks is much better. But that isn't the question in this thread, nor my point.

Old 07-17-2006, 04:42 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Derrick Brooks by far.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses

True, but it proves they are very close, which agrees with my original point.

- Derrick Brooks is a better at;

man coverage
flowing to the ball

- Keith Brooking is better at;

the point of attack
zone pass defense

Old 07-17-2006, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
Derrick Brooks by far.

Care to explain to me how Derrick Brooks will be better next year "by far."