Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-18-2006, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Buchorn
Rookie

Buchorn hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You can't JUST look at what they did last season....

Brooks has 1 Super Bowl and one defensive MVP is is a potential HOFer.

Keith Brooking does not have a resume like that.

But if I were a Falcon fan, I would probably take Hovan over Brooks too. Demorrio Williams is a badass. In fact, I would call the Falcon LB's better than the Bucs unit.
Buchorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:55 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buchorn

But if I were a Falcon fan, I would probably take Hovan over Brooks too. Demorrio Williams is a badass. In fact, I would call the Falcon LB's better than the Bucs unit.
I would take the ATL's LBers over ours too (right now, until Ruud develops). They are fast and underrated.

But I would rather have our DL and DBs (works better than ATLs for Cover 2, conversely theirs works much better for man-man coverage)
Old 07-18-2006, 12:20 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's probably it? Like saying Anthony Munoz is the best LT of all time, "but that's probably it."
You have really bad context issues. I'm talking about what he can do, not how good he is.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:18 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
Quote:
That's probably it? Like saying Anthony Munoz is the best LT of all time, "but that's probably it."
You have really bad context issues. I'm talking about what he can do, not how good he is.
I took that in context as saying, "that is all he can do, he can't do anything else." It just seems a little demeaning.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:28 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You three (S2C, Scar, and Shiver) need to be able to have a civilized debate. The three of you need to calm down, the two Falcons fans more-so than S2C. You do realized that people are entitled to their opinions, and yours isn't necessarily right, just because you say it is.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 03:26 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I took that in context as saying, "that is all he can do, he can't do anything else." It just seems a little demeaning.
Exactly. And he's been great at it. That does NOT mean he's bad by saying he fits only as a WLB in a Tampa 2. It's not demeaning to say he can't play MLB or SLB, which is what I'm saying.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
You three (S2C, Scar, and Shiver) need to be able to have a civilized debate. The three of you need to calm down, the two Falcons fans more-so than S2C. You do realized that people are entitled to their opinions, and yours isn't necessarily right, just because you say it is.
:?

Go ahead and find one post where I treated S2C in a "un-civilized" fashion.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That's not the point. I said, the difference between the two isn't that big, for next year. Which is why Chris Hovan would be vastly a larger addition to the Falcons defense, in this (albeit stupid) hypothetical thread. Never did I ever say Brooking had a resume like Brooks does, that would be ignorant.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:01 PM    (permalink
President
Rookie

President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
Derrick Brooks by far.

Care to explain to me how Derrick Brooks will be better next year "by far."
Does not matter next year, because Brooks will be old. Derrick Brooks was WAY better then Brooking in his prime.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:01 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
I see nothing wrong in this thread, and I also see nothing wrong with a heated discussion.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Buchorn
Rookie

Buchorn hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Brooks could lengthen his career if he switched inside. I think he has the ability to play mike.
Buchorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:32 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Brooks could lengthen his career if he switched inside. I think he has the ability to play mike.
Not when we drafted Barrett Ruud as the first ILB in the 2005 draft. Remember, Ruud was ahead of Thurmond and Tatupu in terms of ranking. Some think he was the best because there were concerns with Channing Crowder's character issues.

The kid has skill, he just hasn't been able to showcase it like the rest of the 2005 ILBs that had success as rookies. He has had to play behind Quarles who had a career year. A lot of people think he could be the starter coming out of training camp.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:20 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thurmond? his name is Odell Thurman

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:25 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988
Wow you caught that he misspelled Odell Thurman's name, that proves your correct in your argument that Keith Brooking is better than Derrick Brooks. Seriously what is the point of correcting people on such trivial matters, I'm sure not everything you type is correct.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:42 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:
Wow you caught that he misspelled Odell Thurman's name, that proves your correct in your argument that Keith Brooking is better than Derrick Brooks. Seriously what is the point of correcting people on such trivial matters, I'm sure not everything you type is correct.
nope, i'm sick of this.

if you can't spell a guy's name right, you're clearly not qualified to talk about him. there's a vast difference between the 1,001 people who don't know the difference between lienhardt and leinart and the people who make an occasional typo.

the moral of the story is, if you don't even know his name, you probably shouldn't be talking about him in the first place.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:56 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:
it's the fifth time I have seen him call him Thurmond. There is no one in the NFL with the last name Thurmond and like njx said at least get the name right. it's like when people say Brookings, Kearney or Finnerman.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 07-18-2006, 08:26 PM    (permalink

Maybe if they were better players their names would be more recognizable...everyone knows how to spell Roethlisberger.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:28 PM    (permalink

90% of the people on here don't know how to spell Joe Jurevicius or Jeff Samardzija. My bad on the Thurman.

This is just Scar being nitpicky. "IF YOU SPELL ODELL THURMAN'S NAME WRONG AGAIN, YOU WILL BE CAST OUT INTO THE DAMNATIONS OF HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!"
Old 07-18-2006, 08:31 PM    (permalink

Quote:
it's like when people say Brookings, Kearney or Finnerman.
Three ATL players, that's funny.

All Bucs players are easy to spell: RON-DE BAR-BER, DER-RICK BROOKS, SIM-E-ON RICE, CHRIS SIMMS, MICH-AEL CLAY-TON, CAD-IL-LAC WILL-IAMS...lol Hooked on Phonics NFL style.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:46 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

it's not like thurman is difficult. :roll:

additionally, samardzija's name comes up on google as a "did you mean" on the most common misspellings. as does jurevicius's.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:52 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simms2Clayton
Quote:
it's like when people say Brookings, Kearney or Finnerman.
Three ATL players, that's funny.

All Bucs players are easy to spell: RON-DE BAR-BER, DER-RICK BROOKS, SIM-E-ON RICE, CHRIS SIMMS, MICH-AEL CLAY-TON, CAD-IL-LAC WILL-IAMS...lol Hooked on Phonics NFL style.
3 ATL players that people can't get right yet the Buccs make it easy. their hardest name is Zemaitis.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 07-19-2006, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brooks all the way, and its not just homerism.

When you have a guy who has not missed a game ever and started every game since his rookie season and does not look like slowing down porduction, how can you not pick him.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote