Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-19-2006, 02:28 PM    (permalink

i think Favre will come back again next year
many people disagree and not many agree

did they take Rodgers a year or two early?

look at the 2005 draft who they miss

1 - Mike Patterson - DT

2 - Heath Miller - TE (Maybe stop the steelers Superbowl run lol)

3 - Marlin Jackson - CB (maybe a good safety with Collins)

4 - Logan Mankins - G - maybe help favre stay up right

5 - Move Up?

look at the 2006 draft who they miss

1 - Matt Leinart - QB

2 - Jay Cutler - QB

2007 they have could have gotten

1 - Brady Quinn - QB

2 - Drew Stanton - QB

3 - Sam Keller - QB
Old 07-19-2006, 02:33 PM    (permalink

Rodgers could have been the #1 pick why would they pass on him?
Old 07-19-2006, 02:35 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamillitary
2-3 yr wait for a 1st rounder i thought a 1st round is someone who can come right away and help the team - well thats how i use my 1st rounders
Old 07-19-2006, 02:39 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
Quote:
2-3 yr wait for a 1st rounder i thought a 1st round is someone who can come right away and help the team - well thats how i use my 1st rounders
if he's there you have to take him. you can't just think that another qb will fall to you two years later. you just can't do that
Old 07-19-2006, 02:45 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to Early. Simple as that.

Everyone thought Farve was going to retire after this season, and no one saw him coming back for another go. The Pack saw Rodgers as a good predecessor to Farve, and expected him to sit a year and learn the ropes from Farve. 2 years wont kill him, it'll help

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:52 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
McCarthy was said to have liked him better thatn smith and ha easily could have been #1. I wouldnt want to wait until this year because I dont like leinart any better and it would be stupid to pass on Hawk.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:03 PM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
Quote:
wrf? How many QBs have a day 1 impact.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:16 PM    (permalink

Several scouts, including Scott, had Aaron Rodgers as the best QB in that class.

Getting him where GB did was an absolute steal.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:18 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not a Rodgers fan, but, to me, the pick made sense:

It was a forgone conclusion that the Packers would have to spend a high draft choice on a QB in either 2005 or 2006.
In the (weak) 2005 draft, there were no players that filled an immediate need at #24. The guy they picked probably woulda been a reach to fill a need.
Rodgers was, by all accounts, the best player available. That combined with the relative lack of talent at other positions of need made the pick a no brainer.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 03:19 PM    (permalink

cutler is favre he 15yrs ago
Old 07-19-2006, 03:24 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
at the time of the draft, Jay Cutler wasn't a big name anyways. Not that it matters because you can't look into the future and pick your players on future drafts
Old 07-19-2006, 03:33 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
at the time of the draft, Jay Cutler wasn't a big name anyways. Not that it matters because you can't look into the future and pick your players on future drafts
thats true what place was Mario Williams in the NFLDC
was he #1
Old 07-19-2006, 03:40 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

The last time a QB dropped from a possible #1 to the 20's was marino. and also at that time Miami had a QB and didnt need one. But lets face it, if a QB drops that far you have to take him. And I am a packer fan too. I have no problem with Rodgers. TT is a value drafter. He will draft the best player with the most value at that spot, even if we already have one.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 03:44 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner
The last time a QB dropped from a possible #1 to the 20's was marino. and also at that time Miami had a QB and didnt need one. But lets face it, if a QB drops that far you have to take him. And I am a packer fan too. I have no problem with Rodgers. TT is a value drafter. He will draft the best player with the most value at that spot, even if we already have one.
do you think Rodgers - is anything like Marino
do you think Rodgers - is anything like Favre
Old 07-19-2006, 03:48 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
Quote:
he never compared Rodgers to Marino or Favre :roll:
Old 07-19-2006, 03:49 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
Quote:
He never compared Rodgers to Marino/Favre as a player.

He was saying that if a QB falls that far than it is great value to draft him.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:55 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simms2Clayton
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
Quote:
He never compared Rodgers to Marino/Favre as a player.

He was saying that if a QB falls that far than it is great value to draft him.
Thank you, I never said Rodgers was compared to either of these great QB's. and if i was GM of the packers and rodgers fell to me in the 20's when he could of gone #1, I would not think twice about drafting him. and the packers didnt either.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wasn't some guy named Teford(probably have the name completly wrong o well) Rogers Offensive coordinator, he did coach Boller and Akili Smith, both hasn't produced like a 1st rounder, and some people think that the offensive system doesn't get them ready for the NFL, if he follows the pattern it will be a bad pick.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:58 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991
wasn't some guy named Teford(probably have the name completly wrong o well) Rogers Offensive coordinator, he did coach Boller and Akili Smith, both hasn't produced like a 1st rounder, and some people think that the offensive system doesn't get them ready for the NFL, if he follows the pattern it will be a bad pick.
Tedford is the HC not OC
Old 07-19-2006, 04:01 PM    (permalink

Quote:
I agree, but both Boller and Smith were thrown into the fire as a rookie. Rodgers sat and learned a year, so he should be ready to go any time that Favre gets injured or he gets put in. I will be watching him closely in preseason.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:07 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If that is the case, All Penn State RB should fail because all past Penn State RB failed, Until Larry Johnson came out of Penn State. Just because Prior People have failed does not mean all will fail in the future.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:13 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Rodgers was not a bad pick, however it appears that opening this thread was.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:21 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
Rodgers was not a bad pick, however it appears that opening this thread was.
lol

If you want to look to a certain scenario this year, all you have to do is look towards pretty boy Matt Leinart.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
If that is the case, All Penn State RB should fail because all past Penn State RB failed, Until Larry Johnson came out of Penn State. Just because Prior People have failed does not mean all will fail in the future.
Depending on Tedfords system he may just create a QB that does well in college but can't handle the NFL, I remember Toonster said Tedfords system affects the prospect.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutler would have been perfect to sit under Favre IMO.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote