Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Hibbert isn't going pro. I wish he would have so the Celtics could have gotten him. Oh well... I guess the Chinese superstar is going to be their pick.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=2879914

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
How stupid would that be for Orlando to lose Darko. Management's stupidity baffles me. What's the latest? Why wouldn't he return?
The Magic dont have enough cap room to re-sign Darko and attain a marquee free agent SG. (13 million I believe)

Quote:
Keeping Milicic and landing one of those players would have to involve trading one of the Magic current players (Hedo Turkoglu or Milicic who carries more value) to create more cap room.
This is all I can find now... i had this insider article that said, Otis Smith was more than content with Tony Battie being our current and future PF also.

I'm kind of pissed, I had two really good articles on this... I'll post them if i find them...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Well, Hibbert isn't going pro. I wish he would have so the Celtics could have gotten him. Oh well... I guess the Chinese superstar is going to be their pick.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=2879914
Yi is an intriguing pick but what immediate impact would he have for the Celtics? The Celts are in dire straits and this lottery has definitely made things worse. I wouldn't be surprised if they went with Conley Jr if he's still there but I doubt he will be other then that it may be a Brandon Wright or a Al Horford.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

HAHAhAHAHHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!

GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!
YAY!!! HAHA!!

We missed out on Sam Vincent which is disappointing....Oh well, Hill's gone....yay.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney View Post
Jeff Green is not going to be in this year's draft. He and Hibbert are "un-declaring(???)" for the draft.
Good call. Thank you come again. :D

Well that pushes everyone up a slot, which kinda sucks but oh well. Brewer now moves into my top 8. Just a quick re-mock from yesterday. I'll make a Lottery one with explanations later on tonight, and I might be switching picks around.

1) Portland - Greg Oden C tOSU
2) Seattle - Kevin Durant SF/PF/SG Texas
3) Atlanta - Mike Conley PG tOSU (keep in mind this is the Hawks' front office we're talking about)
4) Memphis - Brandan Wright PF UNC
5) Boston - Al Horford PF Florida
6) Milwaukee - Jeff Green SF/PF Georgetown
7) Minnesota - Corey Brewer SF Florida
8) Charlotte - Yi Jianlin PF China
9) Chicago - Spencer Hawes C Washington
10) Sacramento - Joakim Noah PF Florida (Kings fan will shoot me, haha)

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Yi is an intriguing pick but what immediate impact would he have for the Celtics? The Celts are in dire straits and this lottery has definitely made things worse. I wouldn't be surprised if they went with Conley Jr if he's still there but I doubt he will be other then that it may be a Brandon Wright or a Al Horford.
Boston is definitely in weired position as they have youth and "potential" at all positions. And I really doubt anybody after Oden and Durant can make a huge impact for the C's, so they could just be stockpiling young talent as they been doing for awhile now. I really don't know where they could go.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be perfectly happy with Conley at 3 considering there is a chance we take Noah at 3. If we take Noah at 3 or 11 I will flip out, and with your Hawks comment it is more of a reason we wouldn't go PG. I don't know we'll take Julian Wright.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
I'd be perfectly happy with Conley at 3 considering there is a chance we take Noah at 3. If we take Noah at 3 or 11 I will flip out.
yes, ghetto, we all know how much you LOVE noah!!! :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd be perfectly happy with Conley at 3 considering there is a chance we take Noah at 3. If we take Noah at 3 or 11 I will flip out, and with your Hawks comment it is more of a reason we wouldn't go PG. I don't know we'll take Julian Wright.
Conley is a decent option at 3 but he's still a reach. A guy with no outside shot and is undersized going that high is a reach IMO. I agree that their best option would be going for Wright or someone on the front line but Conley has that "wow" factor right now and he's coming off of a dominant tournament this year.

Boston has Jefferson at C right now, and pairing up Horford with him would create a BEASTLY frontline. I think Jianlin could go there but I like the Horford fit a little more.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I owned a semi-pro team in Kuwait, and Noah wanted to play for me, then I might consider it, but I wouldn't probably end up saying no anyways.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Conley is a decent option at 3 but he's still a reach. A guy with no outside shot and is undersized going that high is a reach IMO. I agree that their best option would be going for Wright or someone on the front line but Conley has that "wow" factor right now and he's coming off of a dominant tournament this year.

Boston has Jefferson at C right now, and pairing up Horford with him would create a BEASTLY frontline. I think Jianlin could go there but I like the Horford fit a little more.
It makes it easier cause Joe Johnson is one of the best shooters in the game. All Conley needs to do is run the fast break, drive to the hoop, and throw alley oops to Jsmoove, Marvin, and Jchill, he will have time to develop his jumper like TJ.

D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where did Sam Vincent go?

Darko is restricted. Can't the Magic just match whatever offer he gets? That would make zero sense if he didn't come back. We gave up our first rounder this year for him.

Why can't they sign a big name FA, resign Darko if they are willing to pay the luxury tax? Devos said the luxury tax isn't an issue.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
If I owned a semi-pro team in Kuwait, and Noah wanted to play for me, then I might consider it, but I wouldn't probably end up saying no anyways.
Noah is a decent prospect because of his defense and hustle, but to draft a guy like that in the top 10 is nuts, mainly because he's a bench player. I hope he just tanks his workouts and free falls.

Quote:
Old 05-23-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
It makes it easier cause Joe Johnson is one of the best shooters in the game. All Conley needs to do is run the fast break, drive to the hoop, and throw alley oops to Jsmoove, Marvin, and Jchill, he will have time to develop his jumper like TJ.
Except for the fact that TJ really hasn't developed his jumper at all in 3 years. It's still very inconsistent, which is why defenders sag off of him. If I'm drafting #3, I don't take an undersized PG with no shot. I take Brandan Wright, Yi Jianlin, or Al Horford.

Quote:
Old 05-23-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Hawks take Connely at 3, it will be very good pick IMO. Passing up on CP3, D.Will and Foye always seemed like bad moves to me. And if they finally just address that need it would be for the best. Might a bit of a reach, but it's not going to be a Rafael Araujo to Toronto reach.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Except for the fact that TJ really hasn't developed his jumper at all in 3 years. It's still very inconsistent, which is why defenders sag off of him. If I'm drafting #3, I don't take an undersized PG with no shot. I take Brandan Wright, Yi Jianlin, or Al Horford.
Chris Paul was an average shooter. Raymond Felton was a bad shooter. Devin Harris was inconsistent. Marcus Banks was a bad shooter. Telfair was an awful shooter.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Hawks should trade #3 and Lorenzen Wright for Pau Gasol and Kyle Lowry. With #11 they would have the luxury of taking any position.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Chris Paul was an average shooter. Raymond Felton was a bad shooter. Devin Harris was inconsistent. Marcus Banks was a bad shooter. Telfair was an awful shooter.
Chris Paul can actually hit a consistent jumper though. None of those other guys have a consistent jumper, hence why none of them are elite PG's. Devin Harris is just so freaking fast with the dribble though, that's what makes him effective.

Conley is a carbon copy of TJ Ford with probably more athleticism.

Quote:
Old 05-23-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Mike Conley Jr. has Tony Parker like driving ability though, he can finish with the best of them despite his size because of body control and awareness of the rim, in being able to use it to shield off defenders.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who do you guys think the Pistons are/should look at?

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Prey that Billups doesn't Opt out. But in the draft they should look at a big man, but not many big men options in the mid first. Also Javaris Crittenton could be a very good option.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Any sort of PG would be likely for Dumars, and either a big man or a backup shooting guard. I'd guess with the 15th pick, Dumars would go after someone like Acie Law or Javaris Crittenton to fulfill the backup PG position. At 27, I could see the pick being a big man like Nick Fazekas or a shooting guard like Morris Almond.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Joakim Noah, nah but really D brought up Ryvon Covile the local boy which would be a good pick. I think they will take a defensive stopper like Sean Williams. Of course everything is Dependant on Chauncey coming back. IMO they win the title Chauncey is back they lose he is gone. If he is gone then you have to look at Gabe Pruitt, Dominic James, and Bobby Brown.

At #15 Javaris might be gone so if so Acie, which would be the perfect fit cause he is more similar to Chauncey. They could also be looking at Tiago Splitter who I don't like but could be the choice.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Any sort of PG would be likely for Dumars, and either a big man or a backup shooting guard. I'd guess with the 15th pick, Dumars would go after someone like Acie Law or Javaris Crittenton to fulfill the backup PG position. At 27, I could see the pick being a big man like Nick Fazekas or a shooting guard like Morris Almond.
Yeah, totally forgot about Law. He would definitely fit the Pistons team.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Acie Law is clutch. I would definitely like him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote