Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-19-2006, 03:38 PM    (permalink
broncosfan144

Who would you rather builid a team around?
Old 07-19-2006, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously, you build around Cutler. If I have a near playoff team? I'd rather have Plummer.

Also, you NEED to downsize your avatar. It should be 100X100 at most.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutler, Plummer is like 31
Old 07-19-2006, 03:43 PM    (permalink
broncosfan144

but plummer has expirence that cutler doesnt have
Old 07-19-2006, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya but when you say build a team around I think you mean a long term project, a win later situation, I think that will take about 3-5 yeras to create, I wouldn't want a QB past his prime.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:47 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosfan144
but plummer has expirence that cutler doesnt have
ya but you said Who would you rather builid a team around?
you dont build ya team around buy someone whos 10yr+
some times you do thou
Old 07-19-2006, 03:49 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where's the option for "Neither, Broncos blow."
Old 07-19-2006, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jay Cutler has looked like crap so far.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Cutler.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:07 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there really a choice here? Plummer is past his prime and Cutler is young and has a chance to be a good QB.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Cutler is like a recently drafted version of Plummer. He doesn't know how to win, yet has good measureables.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jay Cutler = Kyle Boller
Old 07-19-2006, 04:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_VIlma
Cutler is like a recently drafted version of Plummer. He doesn't know how to win, yet has good measureables.
Good observation.

A better question would be, who do you build around, Leinart or Cutler. There, you have 2 young up and comers, one with intangibles and a winning background but has limitations physically, the other has all the physical gifts but makes mental errors, bad mechanics and doesn't win. That would be a good question.

Me personally, I favor East Coast/run the ball/vertical pass game offense, so I'd take Cutler. If I had Leinart, id implement a west coast offense, he couldn't be a vertical passer.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_VIlma
Good observation.

A better question would be, who do you build around, Leinart or Cutler. There, you have 2 young up and comers, one with intangibles and a winning background but has limitations physically, the other has all the physical gifts but makes mental errors, bad mechanics and doesn't win. That would be a good question.

Me personally, I favor East Coast/run the ball/vertical pass game offense, so I'd take Cutler. If I had Leinart, id implement a west coast offense, he couldn't be a vertical passer.
It's not like Leinart can't throw the deep ball. But he does loft the ball at times. Shouldn't be a problem with Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
Jay Cutler = Kyle Boller

When I read Scotts scouting report he sounded like the Kyle Boller with Intangibles, ya he can throw the ball far, he has good size and can run fast but decision making is bad.

This is what I read from Scotts scouting report, don't flip out on me saying "you haven't seen a game of his shut up, he had no talent around him he will lead the Bronco's to the superbowl and have several all-pro seasons"
Old 07-19-2006, 04:51 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I favor East Coast/run the ball/vertical pass game offense
Do you say that because it's opposed to the West? Or do you have a reason?

The West Coast's opposite is the Air Coryell, which is from San Diego (the original WCO).

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:11 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definantly Cutler. Plumber like said is past his prime, and you dont build a team around a QB that will only be in the league for at least 3 years.

Cutler = Farve

Who wouldnt want to build around him (either one)? Cutler has the intangibles to be a good QB in the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
Quote:
I favor East Coast/run the ball/vertical pass game offense
Do you say that because it's opposed to the West? Or do you have a reason?

The West Coast's opposite is the Air Coryell, which is from San Diego (the original WCO).
I thought (I could be wrong) that classic East Coast offense was built around running the ball like heck, and coupling that with PA vertical passes ala Pittsburgh. Lombardi set that tone with the Giants when he was our offensive coordinator, im sure it was around far before him. But being that football started in college waaay back in the day and the east coast had more colleges, and back then all they did was run, i always thought that the old school offense was simply known as East coast offense, and west coast offense being designed as a ying to east coast's yang. I could be wrong.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:29 PM    (permalink
President
Rookie

President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Cutler, Plummer is garbage.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:13 PM    (permalink

Jake Plummer duh, why wouldnt you want a 32 year old QB who cant win big games for your franchise?
Old 07-19-2006, 07:23 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you don't build a team around a QB over 30.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:31 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I took Cutler but gee the snake is a bloody good QB as well. Why are we all writing him off?

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jake Plummer is always disrespected, it's insanity.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutler had one of the worst supporting casts in college football. He had the worst line, so he had a very short time to throw. He also had bad WRs, so he had to put the ball in small windows. Isn't that what the NFL is all about? Less time and smaller windows. He'll be fine.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:08 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jay Cutler future MVP

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote