Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
i'm not good with my acronyms. what is the KVO incident??
Kimo Van Olhoffen or however you spell it

im not mad at him. im sure he tried to not do it. but i feel better being bitter about it and saying "if Carson was in the game, we would have one the Super Bowl.".

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
a good comedian never laughs at his own jokes.
who ever claimed to be a good comedian? and who took the gem out of your donut. just salty y'all are gonna get owned twice this season?

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you can't be serious?? i can't even believe i am responding to your comment its so ridiculous.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
who ever claimed to be a good comedian? and who took the gem out of your donut. just salty y'all are gonna get owned twice this season?
How many seasons have we been "Owned twice" by the same team?

Losses:
01 - Jax, Balt, Cincy
02 - NE, Oak, NO, Ten, Houston (We owned Balt Twice, WITH TOMMY MADDOX!)
03 - KC, Cincy, Ten, Cle, Den, STL, Sea, SF, Cincy, NY, Bal (Cincy 2x, with Tommy maddox)
04 - Bal - Would've won had Ben started
05 - NE, Jax, Bal, IND, Cin, - Won Superbowl.

We've lost to the same team twice in the past 5-6 years. You have lost to us twice in 02, Same with Cle/Cincy. Had Ben Started in 04, could've well had beaten you twice in 04 as well.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was talking about the coming year, but whatever you wanna do. ill just say you lost to Jon Kitna at home, wow.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 05-20-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many times did Stewart or Maddox beat you guys?

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i was talking about the coming year, but whatever you wanna do. ill just say you lost to Jon Kitna at home, wow.
Kitna is still in the league.. Maddox can't even make it as a 3rd stringer.. he was our starter..

Neil O'Donnell, Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox.. them some great QB's. The sad thing is our worst season with them was 6-10.

Old 05-21-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember when everyone in Pittsburgh thought he was a great QB. Really puts into perspective just how bad our QB situation was between Bradshaw and Ben.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i have a question for all the other AFC north fans other than the steelers. do each of you dislike the Steelers the most?? like as a Brown, Bengals and Ravens fan, do you hate the Steelers the most?? i think that is how it is even with the players. i think all three of those teams hate the steelers the most.
I think I hate the Ravens the most, but when we play Pittsburgh that's when I get the most excited to win. In other words I really want us to beat PIttsburgh when we play them more than any other team. I dislike PIttsburgh, but I gotta respect their classy organization and the fact that they play a great style of football with good defense and great lines, and running the ball smashmouth style like at Ohio State. But I can't stand the Ratbirds.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
757Dawg
Rookie

757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.

I feel the same.

I probably 'hate' the Ravens more so than the Steelers, but when we play the Steelers, I want us to beat them more than any other team.

The Rivalry has been a joke for way too long now. Hopefully we can bring it back to where it should be and kick off the season with a big win against them in Cleveland on September 9th.
757Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I remember when everyone in Pittsburgh thought he was a great QB. Really puts into perspective just how bad our QB situation was between Bradshaw and Ben.
"Hope is the thin thread we hang our dreams on".

Apparently Tommy's, Neils' and Kordell's thread was too thin.

AFC Norths Opinion.

Is Ben a top 10 QB and Top 10 in arm strength. Bias Aside. I want to hear opinions from the teams who've seen him the most.

Old 05-22-2007, 01:23 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post

AFC Norths Opinion.

Is Ben a top 10 QB and Top 10 in arm strength. Bias Aside. I want to hear opinions from the teams who've seen him the most.
I wouldn't consider him to be a Top 10 but darn close. He's definitely one of the more successful quarterbacks, probably in the top 5 in success if you don't have last season.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:27 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

AFC Norths Opinion.

Ben prior to last season: Debateable

Ben last season: Hell NO!

He has a lot to prove this upcoming season and the Steelers' hopes for a successful season cling on him proving something.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Ben prior to last season: Debateable

Ben last season: Hell NO!

He has a lot to prove this upcoming season and the Steelers' hopes for a successful season cling on him proving something.
Looking at last season, does anyone honestly think that Anyone but Parker was playing at their normal level?

we gave up 9 sacks in 1 game, thats more than the first half of his 2 prior seasons.

I think there was a lot of **** going on last year.

Like I said though, I'm not trying to make excuses for him and I know that He needs to work, I'll be the first to say that. I just hate how people think he's the most incapable QB in the pro's.

Old 05-22-2007, 01:35 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just hate how people think he's the most incapable QB in the pro's.
Woah...so far...we have that spot.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:38 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Looking at last season, does anyone honestly think that Anyone but Parker was playing at their normal level?

we gave up 9 sacks in 1 game, thats more than the first half of his 2 prior seasons.

I think there was a lot of **** going on last year.

Like I said though, I'm not trying to make excuses for him and I know that He needs to work, I'll be the first to say that. I just hate how people think he's the most incapable QB in the pro's.
I never said he was incapable but after his first 2 seasons and then the nightmare that was last season, he has to prove that he is the Ben of old and not just a flash in the pan. With his mounting injuries last season, lack of protection, and the loss of Bettis and Randle El, its not surprising that the Steelers fell of like they did. They could possibly be entering a rebuilding mode and that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for them.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
I wouldn't consider him to be a Top 10 but darn close. He's definitely one of the more successful quarterbacks, probably in the top 5 in success if you don't have last season.
I think judging by:

Arm Strength, Leadership, Talent, Achievements..

He's in the 6-11 Range. Only because of last season.

he's 34-14 Career with a 5-1 Postseason record. Thats a 63% winning average. In a given season he's going to win 11 Games.

He's won OROY, Youngest QB to win more than 10 Straight games (16), Youngest QB to win a superbowl.

But I agree last year knocked him down a notch (Though I think there was more than just bad play by him.. Coaching not caring, fumbles on punt returns (Anyone have a clue how many? 11 fumbles on punt returns, not even KR).)

If he does well in Arians new offense (Which is basically a half copy of New England, Indianapolis, and the offense he cooked up in Cleveland), and Faneca Plays hard, we could very well be a dark horse.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Quote:
Kitna is still in the league.. Maddox can't even make it as a 3rd stringer.. he was our starter..

Neil O'Donnell, Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox.. them some great QB's. The sad thing is our worst season with them was 6-10.
my point was we were terrible and you had an older version of big ben with all three of them essentially because of your defense.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 05-23-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
my point was we were terrible and you had an older version of big ben with all three of them essentially because of your defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
I'll give you O'Donnell, Stewart.. Maddox showed that because he's incompetent that the defense can't always bail you out.

And to compare Ben to any of those three, just proves you shouldn't comment on football.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Maddox found ways to lose in spite of having a good defense. Best example is his OT performance against Jacksonville where he threw two INTs. After the defense bailed him out of the first one the second went back for a touchdown.