Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Wow. Pritchard would laugh that trade right out the door.
I laugh too

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Working on my super mock as we speak right now, expect it in a week or two, full 1 round mock with huge analysis for every pick, for a sneak pick of the first pick here it is:

With the #1 Pick overall the Portland Trail-Blazers Select:
Team Analysis: The team struck gold lottery night leapfrogging several teams and being able to grab the #1 pick and Greg Oden. While Oden is the obvious choice obviously nothing is set in stone and if he wows them in workouts you never know Durant can be the pick. No matter what the pick is they will be getting a franchise player. With the possible drafting in Oden he would pair with youngster LaMarcus Aldridge to form one hell of a big man tandem for the years to come. They are like Yin and Yang and would compliment each other nicely. Zach Randolph seems to be the guy lost here and if I were the Trail-blazers I would trade him. Not only is he a guy who can't accept a bench role but he is not a good influence for an immature young kid like Oden. Randolph however is an Allstar caliber player so they should be able to yield in some good pieces for Randolph. The most likely scenario would be a swap with Seattle for Rashard Lewis. This would be tremendous because they would get that Kevin Durant type player to add to BRoy, Jack, and Aldridge. Another possible location could be the Chicago Bulls in say return for Andres Nocioni and the 9th pick. They have lots to work with in Randolph so hopefully they can make something happen. Also look for the Blazers to package Randolph and either Jack or Sergio for a lottery pick in order to acquire Mike Conley Jr. This would be tremendous for them because that would be the best possible situation for both Conley and Oden. With Oden the Blazers still won't be threatening anyone for an NBA title, but they would be taking steps in the right direction and contending for a playoff spot. Obviously youth would be a factor for them but their future sure is bright.
C, Greg Oden, Ohio State.
Player Analysis:Since the beginning of the year everyone knew that Oden was the #1 pick in the draft, and while Kevin Durant had a 100x times better Freshman season as Durant was spectacular Oden is still cemented in as the #1 pick overall. Oden is a player who is physically intimidating and a real force on the glass and blocking shots. Offensively he needs lots of work. From his free throw shooting to his low post moves you shouldn't expect him to make a huge impact his rookie year in the scoring column other than Putback dunks and the occasional low post hook shot. It is well documented that he struggles with stronger players ala Derrick Character but with some work with an NBA training staff he could develop into a more than solid offensive player but he will never dominate inside like many think he will, he will carve out plenty of minutes his rookie year just based on the fact that he can rebound and play as a force on defense. Oden's maturity also worries me, he has the mind of an 8 year old, so hopefully with age he can learn how to be a professional. If he were being judged on his interviews he would go undrafted because he might be one of the most unintelligent sounding people I have ever listened to. As preparation for the draft that is coming up soon I implore the fans of the NBA not to buy into the Oden propaganda the league is gonna make for him. Could he be great no doubt, but he hasn't done anything and I don't want everyone handing him the crown and the keys to the league before he has even done anything ala LeBron James. Oden does have a very big possible bust factor, not Kwame type bust but not being able to live up to his very lofty expectations. If he is unable to improve on his game and work on mechanics he could be no more than a Marcus Camby or Tyson Chandler. IMO Dwight Howard will be the better pro but Oden is the obvious pick here and it is undeniable.
Rookie Year Projections:9.3 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 2.3 bpg.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SjyJaXhT0EU

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I laugh too
You don't know what you're talking about.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
DLS42
Veteran

DLS42 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DLS42 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
If this has already been posted, my apologies, but I think it's an interesting enough point to make note of (courtesy of Yahoo):
Heads up creeky Nick Young went to USC.

Classic NFLDC. Vatech!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLS42 View Post
Elway we'll settle this once and for all. Cal SC sig bet. Cal wins you wear a cal sig for 3 weeks. Sc wins. ill wear a I heart pete caroll sig.
DLS42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP123 View Post
I hope they get rid of you pretty soon!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP123 View Post
That trade is shiite, period.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
DLS42
Veteran

DLS42 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DLS42 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Personally I want to see how the warriors get better through the draft. They need rebounding and that skinny white boy Biedrins isnt doing it.

Classic NFLDC. Vatech!
Quote:
Elway we'll settle this once and for all. Cal SC sig bet. Cal wins you wear a cal sig for 3 weeks. Sc wins. ill wear a I heart pete caroll sig.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Personally I want to see how the warriors get better through the draft. They need rebounding and that skinny white boy Biedrins isnt doing it.
He's doing just fine. It's the fact that their PF is either Harrington or Jackson. That's why they get killed on the glass.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Quote:
it mostly depends on who is re-signed. jason smith or tiago splitter would be solid big men. i've seen a lot of mocks with acie law and rudy fernandez as picks too.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
DorianSmith
Rookie

DorianSmith needs more cowbell.

My Ideal Offseason
Blazers

-Siging Rashard Lewis

-Trading 1 2nd round pick of there's Randolph,Jack and Miles to Atlanta

Release Dan Dickua and Joel Prizzablia(spell)

Drafting:
(they Have 5 picks)
Greg Oden
Mike Conely
Aaron Brooks
Carl Landry
Glen Davis

Roster:
C:Greg Oden
PF:LaMarcus Alridge
SF.Rashard Lewis
SG.Brandon Roy
PG.Mike Conely
6.Ime Udoka
7.Aaron Brooks
8.Fred Jones
9.Travis Outlaw
10.Sergio Rodriguez
11.Geln Davis
12.Carl Landry
DorianSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very optimistic
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
He's doing just fine. It's the fact that their PF is either Harrington or Jackson. That's why they get killed on the glass.
2nd that, it upset me when I heard Al's comments that he wants somebody who can rebound next to him. Maybe if Al boxed out for Andris it wouldn't be a problem. Also DLS Biedrins averaged over 9 boards and he had 17 games with 15+ rebounds. Biedrins is not the problem.

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 05-24-2007 at 09:52 PM.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Sweetness....if the Bulls trade the 9th pick and whatever else for a big man, who do you think is a possibility besides Gasol and Garnett? I've heard Jermaine O'Neal and I really like that idea, he's very underrated and also blocks a lot of shots, only downside is he gets a lot of nagging injuries, but we'd make the playoffs without him, as long as he's healthy for the playoffs that would be great. What do you think about that and have you heard any other possibilities or want to suggest any?

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
DLS42
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? View Post
2nd that, it upset me when I heard Al's comments that he wants somebody who can rebound next to him. Maybe if Al boxed out for Andris it wouldn't be a problem. Also DLS Biedrins averaged over 9 boards and he had 17 games with 15+ rebounds. Biedrins is not the problem.
I have such a problem wit him beacuse he just dissapears at times, it also sucks that all he can do is dunk. While i know hes young i think we need a real 4. Its really important that our bench gets deeper and if we get a rebounding machine through the draft that will really help us. I mean Biedrins really just needs to bulk up and learn how to shoot a ft without double clutching it.

Classic NFLDC. Vatech!
Quote:
Old 05-24-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
DorianSmith
Rookie

Harington is a great player and so is jackson but Monta Ellis doesnt need 2 start they need a center tht can be a offensive and defensive threat like a Josh McRoberts
Old 05-24-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
DLS42
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianSmith View Post
Harington is a great player and so is jackson but Monta Ellis doesnt need 2 start they need a center tht can be a offensive and defensive threat like a Josh McRoberts
Monta just dissapeared during the playoffs. Others he is a great player. we draft Josh McRoberts i will honest to god ******* kill myself. We dont need another soft white guy from dude who never plays D. See Dunleavy, Mike.

Classic NFLDC. Vatech!
Quote:
Old 05-24-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
DorianSmith
Rookie

I think Mcroberts off the Bench would Help them alot of a Kyle Visser or someone like that But if possible they need a center Roy Hibbert Would help them on the boards but he wont fall that far
Old 05-24-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
DLS42
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianSmith View Post
I think Mcroberts off the Bench would Help them alot of a Kyle Visser or someone like that But if possible they need a center Roy Hibbert Would help them on the boards but he wont fall that far
Hibbert went back to school...

Classic NFLDC. Vatech!
Quote:
Old 05-24-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

don't worry, mullin would never get mcroberts. especially if nellie is back.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
DorianSmith
Rookie

Quote:
Hibbert went back to school...
seriously 4 sure!
Old 05-25-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Nightmares Win 6-0
Rookie

Nightmares Win 6-0 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

who wants to get sexy with me?
Nightmares Win 6-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
DorianSmith
Rookie

My post has been edited by a moderator because I cannot communicate with people like a normal human being.

Last edited by ccB : 05-25-2007 at 12:42 AM.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Nightmares Win 6-0
Rookie

My post has been edited by a moderator because I cannot communicate with people like a normal human being.

Last edited by ccB : 05-25-2007 at 12:42 AM.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:29 AM    (permalink
DorianSmith
Rookie

dude im not gonna fight with u over a forum im not a geek.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Nightmares Win 6-0
Rookie

Last edited by ccB : 05-25-2007 at 12:41 AM.