Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
His name is Hinrich, not Heinrich. God that just frustrates me to see his name spelled wrong.
sorry sir, will not happen
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What would everyone's center rankings beyond Oden be? I assume Yi is more of a PF than a C, which probably puts Hawes at 2, but where would you go beyond that? Will workouts probably decide? Any idea of who the 3-5 guys will be? Ante Tomic, Marc Gasol, Aaron Gray, Kyle Visser...and is Sean Williams a center or a PF?
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
What would everyone's center rankings beyond Oden be? I assume Yi is more of a PF than a C, which probably puts Hawes at 2, but where would you go beyond that? Will workouts probably decide? Any idea of who the 3-5 guys will be? Ante Tomic, Marc Gasol, Aaron Gray, Kyle Visser...and is Sean Williams a center or a PF?
Yi is more of a swingman then he is a post player. Sean Williams is a center, comparable to a Theo Ratliff.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Yi is more of a swingman then he is a post player. Sean Williams is a center, comparable to a Theo Ratliff.
Defensive minded type of guy I knew that, looks like the Knicks could be after him. Would make sense for them I guess, give them a different look with Curry out of the game or even next to Curry. Could be an intriguing combo with Frye as well. And I know Yi has bulked up a little bit, he should be considered a PF, I just wanted to make sure people didn't think I was ignoring Yi if they felt he was a center just based on looking at his height. He's probably going to play the 4, but I wouldn't be surprised if he plays some 5. He'd be really interesting on the Hawks or the Celtics IMO.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yi isn't really a swingman. Sure he is slight but he is underrated and powerful inside and has a great offensive post game. He does have amazing perimeter skills for his size but he will be a PF in this league. Much better skills down low i.e, post moves, rebounding, shot blocking than Andrea Bargnani.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Ghetto, what would it take for the Bulls to move up into the 3-5 range? Depending on the team, would some mix of Duhon, Noc, perhaps Thomas, number 9 and future picks get it done? I've heard rumblings they want their hands on Yi, I certainly wouldn't mind that and thats the range they would need to get into to secure him.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ghetto, what would it take for the Bulls to move up into the 3-5 range? Depending on the team, would some mix of Duhon, Noc, perhaps Thomas, number 9 and future picks get it done? I've heard rumblings they want their hands on Yi, I certainly wouldn't mind that and thats the range they would need to get into to secure him.
If they feel that strongly about him and their future 9 and Thomas would be more than enough for the Hawks.

Old 05-25-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
alot, and I doubt they would get rid of Thomas.
But I will leave this to Ghetto.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a video of Yi. Song choice is horrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6plJTvMW04
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Here's a video of Yi. Song choice is horrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6plJTvMW04
He's just tall as **** I could do that if I had his height.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You cannot trade Noce and a draft choice, it's just not possible (see the team forum where BUST explained why). And Paxon isn't trading Thomas to move up for Yi, period.

Me personally, I would not give up that much to get Yi.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
He's just tall as **** I could do that if I had his height.
No you couldn't. Yi has amazing athleticism and coordination for his size.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
No you couldn't. Yi has amazing athleticism and coordination for his size.
Yes I could...:)
Old 05-25-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Anyone who thinks Yi is just a skinny swingman has never seen him play.

Old 05-25-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Brandon Rush is 2nd player to withdraw, bad move imo.

Old 05-25-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Brandon Rush is 2nd player to withdraw, bad move imo.
I don't think so. With Wright gone he's got a better chance at showcasing his scoring ability. He was what, a late 1st - early 2nd pick right now. Brandon should've just declared after his freshman year, but after a so-so year this season, I think he'll go back and raise his stock a bit.

Quote:
Old 05-25-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
I don't think so. With Wright gone he's got a better chance at showcasing his scoring ability. He was what, a late 1st - early 2nd pick right now. Brandon should've just declared after his freshman year, but after a so-so year this season, I think he'll go back and raise his stock a bit.
I think Rush has maximized his skills, scouts can only pick him apart from now.

Old 05-25-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
I think Rush has maximized his skills, scouts can only pick him apart from now.
Eh we'll see....Like I said, he should've came out after his freshman year, but I guess with Wright gone he thinks he can showcase himself even more.

Quote:
Old 05-25-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Eh we'll see....Like I said, he should've came out after his freshman year, but I guess with Wright gone he thinks he can showcase himself even more.
He should have come out of high school IMO, but he can score and has a good frame.

Old 05-25-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite player projected to be a second round selection:

PG Dominic James

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
My favorite player projected to be a second round selection:

PG Dominic James

I'm big on James, Nick Fazekas and Jamaal Tatum.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont see how going back with hurt Rush's stock any. He was gonna be an early 2nd rounder this year IMO and I dont think he could be any worst than an early 2nd rounder next year. I dont see why any team picking in the early 2nd next year wouldnt take a chance on him based on his scoring ability and atheticism alone.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I just think he can't improve his draft status so might as well begin making more money now, and D I also do love Dominic James and had him as a lottery pick before the season but he was flat out awful shooting this season and out of control with his passing. He looked like a horribly poor mans Jameer Nelson. But I do think he will be a major 2nd round steal. I actually compare him to Jameer Nelson.

Old 05-25-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite second round guys,

F/C Sean Williams Boston College (if he can stay out of trouble)

G Rodney Stuckey Eastern Washington (I think he will move into the late first though)

PG Mustafa Shakur

AND MY HOMER SPECIAL

G DJ Strawberry
Old 05-25-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

I forgot probably my favorite prospect in the draft SG/SF Dominic McGuire, the dude is nasty, has great all round game and plays great defense. He will be an absolute steal in the 2nd round, I compare him to a poor mans Josh Smith