Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why not I'll do one too, my 2nd round guys:

SF/PF Avis Wyatt, Virginia State. Should be a top 20 pick based on skill but will be a 2nd rounder because of his small school.

PG/SG Sean Singletary, UVA A gritty tough point guard who can flat out score, has some Allen Iverson in him.

PF Stephane Lasme, Temple. Super athletic and active big, will make an NBA roster.

PF/C Ekene Ibekwe, Maryland. Ok will probably go undrafted but his shot blocking and athleticism will give him a look on a summer league roster and who knows from there.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're right, we probably don't trade TT and can't trade Noc, but I just can't come up with any more pieces that we could give up at this point if we did want to make a move up for somebody. And I'm going to put it out there right now, somebody mentioned Sean Williams as a second round prospect and if he doesn't show up to workouts lazy and out of shape I would not be surprised at all if he goes in the first round.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Anyone who thinks Yi is just a skinny swingman has never seen him play.
Yup I was incorrect with my assessment. I was going based on scouting reports, and I kept hearing the name Rashard Lewis. But after actually looking at the video, he does spend more time in the paint.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Daequan Cook still planning to stay in the draft? Also when is the deadline to pull out from the draft?
Old 05-25-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romeo Travis is my sleeper for the draft.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyone who thinks Yi is just a skinny swingman has never seen him play.
Man I love Yi! I hope he's there when Milwaukee picks 6th

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just think he can't improve his draft status so might as well begin making more money now, and D I also do love Dominic James and had him as a lottery pick before the season but he was flat out awful shooting this season and out of control with his passing. He looked like a horribly poor mans Jameer Nelson. But I do think he will be a major 2nd round steal. I actually compare him to Jameer Nelson.
Yeah, his shot needs to improve as does his shot selection, but some professional coaching will help. Tom Crean is actually a pretty terrible coach. At least from the outside looking in. He doesn't make in game adjustments... It's why Tom Izzo schooled him this year in the tournament. Izzo is the man.

I don't get the James/Nelson comparison. Height, maybe? Don't let his height deceive you though as he has a long wingspan. James is strong and muscular but he's not heavy. Jameer has cement shoes. James is much more althetic and very explosive and has great body control...especially off the ground. He's a very fast penetrator, whereas Nelson is more calculated in his approach. James is also a very good on the ball defender...probably due to his long wingspan and quickness. Nelson needs to be taken out on defense. Nelson is also a shoot first guy. James will only do it when his team needs him to. Jameer is probably a better mid range shooter, but he's pretty dang good.

I'm not really worried about James' assist to TO ratio. I've seen times where his passes look bad because his teammate didn't make the read to the ball or just couldn't drain the shot when he had the ball passed to him.

Here he showing off some of that explosiveness... Jameer can only dream of doing that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAqNK...elated&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9LY-...elated&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9uHF...elated&search=
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Man I love Yi! I hope he's there when Milwaukee picks 6th
Not likely. I dunno.... personally, I just don't like Yi. ...I don't like Yao either.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

besides the fact that Yi & Yao are from china, they are nothing alike

if the suns would of gotten a top 5 pick i think we woulda taken him

Nash
Bell/Barbosa
Marion
Yi
Stat

stop that line up spurs
Old 05-25-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

Nash
Bell/Barbosa
Marion
Yi
Stat

stop that line up spurs
The suns would be better off trading Yi for Bowen. Lol
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

Nash
Bell/Barbosa
Marion
Yi
Stat

stop that line up spurs
Yi and Yao are similar in their lack of athleticism and their stiffness.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Yup I was incorrect with my assessment. I was going based on scouting reports, and I kept hearing the name Rashard Lewis. But after actually looking at the video, he does spend more time in the paint.
I've heard the Kevin Durant Rashard comparisons but never a Yi Rashard comparison.

Old 05-25-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yi and Yao are similar in their lack of athleticism and their stiffness.
You're kidding. Yi is an outstanding athlete for his size. He can handle the ball very well, too. He's got the court vision and versatility of Toni Kukoc and the shooting touch of Dirk. Imagine a 7 foot point forward...
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I've heard the Kevin Durant Rashard comparisons but never a Yi Rashard comparison.
ESPN. I should of known better.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Yeah sorry D, Yi is not stiff at all, he runs the floor better than 95% his size at 7 foot and can get up, one of the best foreign dunkers to come to the NBA.

Old 05-25-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you obviously haven't seen Yi if you think he is not athletic

plus he has a sweet hook
Old 05-25-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Apparently Yi isn't the only Chinese prospect in this draft. Who is Sun Yue?

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/sunyue.html

If it's agianst the rules to link to NBA draft sites? If so I'll take it off.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Apparently Yi isn't the only Chinese prospect in this draft. Who is Sun Yue?

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/sunyue.html

If it's agianst the rules to link to NBA draft sites? If so I'll take it off.
It's not against the rules but Sun Yue I'm not a big fan of. I don't think he translates well. He has height and skill but doesn't shoot good enough, does pass well enough to be a PG, and he doesn't have good foot speed, very frail, I don't think he has much of a future in the NBA. After Yi the next Chinese prospect with a chance is Chen Jianghua but he is undersized but atleast not Yuta Tabuse undersized.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I've seen Yi play. Josh Smith and Al Jefferson took him to school!

You guys probably have just seen him doing workout drills. LMAO.

I'll say this though. I'd rather have him than Yao. Easily.

Last edited by D-Unit : 05-25-2007 at 10:10 PM.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brandon Rush is 2nd player to withdraw, bad move imo.
he reportedly hurt his knee in a workout and rumor is it may be a torn ACL but that is not known for sure so that is more then likkely why he is coming back
Old 05-26-2007, 02:21 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rashard Lewis is officially a F/A per ESPN.com, not a big surprise but it's official now. I think he ends up in Orlando if the price is right.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 04:46 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm wondering what the Pistons Starting 5 will look like next year.. Chauncey is going to opt out, Chris Webber's contract will be over with.. Could be interesting.

Last edited by WMD : 05-26-2007 at 04:48 AM.
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 06:31 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Rashard Lewis is officially a F/A per ESPN.com, not a big surprise but it's official now. I think he ends up in Orlando if the price is right.
I think anybody that has a chance to get out of Seattle will. They are very unstable with where they're going to be in the future and they aren't a very good team to begin with.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:56 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I've seen Yi play. Josh Smith and Al Jefferson took him to school!

You guys probably have just seen him doing workout drills. LMAO.

I'll say this though. I'd rather have him than Yao. Easily.
D are you talking about him in the Nike hoops summit or some under 19 competition a couple of years ago. But I am extremely high on him, I have seen him play lots, for Guangdong, the Asian-Pacific games, the WC's and he is the real deal, I just think you don't like Asian ballers, even though you are one lol.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:26 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D Unit is an Asian version of Clayton Bigsby :)