Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Rashard Lewis is officially a F/A per ESPN.com, not a big surprise but it's official now. I think he ends up in Orlando if the price is right.
He's a terrific scorer, but no team will ever go far with Rashard unless they have an elite defender to help him out. He's just a hideously awful defender.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He's a terrific scorer, but no team will ever go far with Rashard unless they have an elite defender to help him out. He's just a hideously awful defender.
He can score and rebound, I'd love him on any of my times. He obviously won't be a teams franchise centerpiece but he will help a team go far, Larry Hughes gets the max, so Rashard is more than worthy of that contract and a #2/3 optioned player on a team.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I think anybody that has a chance to get out of Seattle will. They are very unstable with where they're going to be in the future and they aren't a very good team to begin with.
Injuries of Ridnour and Swift de-railed them this past year. Rashard left becuase he is scared he won't score as much after the sonics get KD with the #2 pick. Ray Ray can still score and was hurt a lot this season. I don't think they will contend this year, but next year if they have a solid draft, they will be able to maybe win their division, which looks to get tougher due to portland's luck, and great draft strategy, i.e B.ROY
jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Man I love Yi! I hope he's there when Milwaukee picks 6th
You don't want that, he's the same player as Villanueva, unless you want two similar players.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I'm wondering what the Pistons Starting 5 will look like next year.. Chauncey is going to opt out, Chris Webber's contract will be over with.. Could be interesting.
Damn I thought Chauncey was gonna re-sign or did already, maybe that's why the Pistons are talking about how focused they are cause it might be their last chance for a while. Just a thought- the Bulls should sign Chauncey and trade Gordon or Hinrich and a pick for Jermaine O'Neal or something.

Bosanac01
Old 05-26-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
Damn I thought Chauncey was gonna re-sign or did already, maybe that's why the Pistons are talking about how focused they are cause it might be their last chance for a while. Just a thought- the Bulls should sign Chauncey and trade Gordon or Hinrich and a pick for Jermaine O'Neal or something.
Once they signed Chauncey the leverage that they would have with Hinrich would go down dramatically. But that would be great for them if it worked out

Chauncey> Kirk, Jermaine/Pau>Ben Gordon
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Yeah Gordon's contract is up after this year, and I heard he wants a max deal, so they could sign and trade him, Deng is coming up too and he needs to be re-signed more than Gordon. He's the Bulls best all around player, and his ceiling is higher than Gordon's. Deng would sign for less and if we locked him up for 5 years his talent will be worth more than his contract soon enough.

Bosanac01
Old 05-26-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
Yeah Gordon's contract is up after this year, and I heard he wants a max deal, so they could sign and trade him, Deng is coming up too and he needs to be re-signed more than Gordon. He's the Bulls best all around player, and his ceiling is higher than Gordon's. Deng would sign for less and if we locked him up for 5 years his talent will be worth more than his contract soon enough.
do basketball teams do sign and trades? i thought teams like players with expiring contracts that way they can negotiate their own deal when the players' contracts are up...
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the first thing the bulls need to do is get rid of ben wallace, while his value is still decent. His contract is just way tooo big and they would be better off using the money to resign their own players
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I'd sign Deng for anything he wants in a heartbeat. He's pretty good now, and still hasn't reached his full potential.

EDIT: Forgot about Big Ben. If added to the Wizards they could have a serious shot at taking the East.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
do basketball teams do sign and trades? i thought teams like players with expiring contracts that way they can negotiate their own deal when the players' contracts are up...
Teams like expiring contracts because of salary relief. Most of the time if you trade for an expiring contract, you don't plan on re-signing that player. In an NBA trade the incoming and outgoing salaries have to match. Say that you have a player that is signed for 5 years at $10 million per and you want to trade that player and get rid of the cost. You would trade for a guy signed 3 years at $5 million, one signed for 1 year at $3 million, and one signed for 1 year at $2 million. That way. when the current season is over with you freed up $5 million in salary that you can use on other players.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
I'd sign Deng for anything he wants in a heartbeat. He's pretty good now, and still hasn't reached his full potential.

EDIT: Forgot about Big Ben. If added to the Wizards they could have a serious shot at taking the East.
Uh no. Big Ben doesn't solve the problem to your inside scoring woes.

Also, if BG wants a max deal, I say no way. Deng yes, but Gordon hell no. I'd resign BG if the price was right but not a friggin max deal.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would give Ben Gordon a max contract?
Old 05-26-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Raptors had their first round pick still, who would they pick? Marco Belinelli? Marcus Williams?

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Who would give Ben Gordon a max contract?
That's what he and his agent are lookin for.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't see how anyone would justify giving him that big of a deal.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
That's what he and his agent are lookin for.
then let him go and try and find it elsewhere. Id rather draft a new guy than pay him that type of money. 1 dimensional and he asks for max money.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh question, is it possible for a team to agree to a trade during the draft and then execute it later?

my thought was

Portland selects Oden #1 and they also want Conley. So the bulls agree to select him wit #9 and after the draft (when the FA* signings begin) to sign and trade Noc and the rights to Conley for Lamarcus Aldridge and like the rights to Reyshawn Terry whom the Blazers selected in the second round for us.

This is just a dream scenario with no possible way of occuring but the purpose is to find out if its possible for teams to do.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only person in the 'Portland should take Kevin Durant' bandwagon?

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Am I the only person in the 'Portland should take Kevin Durant' bandwagon?
most likely.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
If the Raptors had their first round pick still, who would they pick? Marco Belinelli? Marcus Williams?
Brandon Rush?
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
My favorite second round guys,

G Rodney Stuckey Eastern Washington (I think he will move into the late first though)
Stuckey is legit.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
oh question, is it possible for a team to agree to a trade during the draft and then execute it later?

my thought was

Portland selects Oden #1 and they also want Conley. So the bulls agree to select him wit #9 and after the draft (when the FA* signings begin) to sign and trade Noc and the rights to Conley for Lamarcus Aldridge and like the rights to Reyshawn Terry whom the Blazers selected in the second round for us.

This is just a dream scenario with no possible way of occuring but the purpose is to find out if its possible for teams to do.
Atlanta might take Conley or atleast have given the illusion that they will and will continue to whether or not they want him for leverage. It is clear that Portland would need to trade up to #3 to get Conley. If you trade a big name player like Randolph lets say for a specific player you better be in a spot where the guy you know will be there and #3 is the only spot with that insurance, no way are they dealing with the Bulls at #9.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
most likely.
Why are you rolling your eyes? I wouldn't fault them for taking him at all.

Quote:
Old 05-26-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Stuckey is legit.
i have a felling that someone will take him alot earlier than expected

phoenix would be nice

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote