Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 05-22-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Unhappy A sad day in Boston...

Glad we sucked all year to get the number five pick :(
Old 05-22-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...this is one of the worst days in my life as a sports fan.
But we'll overcome the NBA Lottery Faggotry...We still have talent. Rondo, Jefferson, Green, and Delonte are a solid future. Al needs to turn into a superstar this year though, because I'm not sure how much longer Pierce will be around.
It sucks, but we're better than having to beg for a lottery pick. The Green will rise again.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

At this point, they might as well blow it up. I mean, it's been 20 years anyway, they nucleus is young, why not just trade Pierce and the other vets now and get younger. Maybe Pierce can bring back the #1. I doubt it. At this point though, it just sucks. Roy Hibbert is my guy, because we need a center badly.

I don't like Delonte West. Never have, never will. Actually, I like him... as like... a seventh or eight guy. Kendrick Perkins does nothing for me. Rajon Rondo is solid, but he needs to get much bigger. I really like him, though, and the same goes towards Ryan Gomes. I think Gerald Green can and will be a good one, but he needs to learn how to play D. Moving Pierce would open up minutes for him.

Szczerbiak needs to go. Ratliff is an expiring contract, so maybe we can move him. Scalabrine was the most useless signing ever, and I've said that from the start.

All I know is this team just took a huge blow....
Old 05-22-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree. It's time to trade the Veterans away. We've gone as far as we can with Pierce, and that's really tough to say...but I think everyone knows it's true. Wally is a very good player, but in a championship team he's nothing more than bench 3 point shooting, which is useful....but he's not much of a starter. I agree about Delonte as well. In an ideal world, he's a fantastic bench player with good energy and shooting.
Al Jefferson is the future of the team at this point. If he improves this year as much as he did last year, 25 and 12 might not be unrealistic projections for him number wise. I'm higher on Rondo than you. I think he's the guy at the point. Ainge wants to run, and Rondo is the guy that can help us do it. His court awareness is excellent, and he's a very natural passer. His shooting has to improve...and he has to learn to play better team defense(his on the ball ability is fantastic, actually).
As for who we draft...I really like Roy Hibbert as well. He fills a need. Kendrick Perkins proved he has size and nothing else. Hibbert gives us a skilled 5, and allows Al to play the 4 full time. But if we're going to run, Hibbert isn't the best guy. Yi Jianlian or Brandan Wright would be the pick for that. Cory Brewer and Julian Wright are two guys to look out for as well.
All and all, it sucks that we didn't get a top 2 pick...or even a top 4...but the draft is talented. Just look at Noah. He would have gone 1 or 2 last year, and he's probably going in the 9-14 range this year. I really hope we don't trade the pick and the kids away for older guys. That's not the answer.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-22-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

I wouldn't mind Corey Brewer, but he plays Gerald Green's position, and we've already invested two years into his development. I'd rather get Hibbert and hope he can be the one that finally replaces the Chief.

And don't get me wrong, I like Rondo a lot. He's just so frail. He needs to add some muscle badly...
Old 05-22-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Yeah, he does. Still gets to the paint though :p
As for Brewer...He could play the SF, and Green could play SG.
But anyway...this season will be interesting to say the very least.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-22-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* piece of ****, the one thing I wanted as a Celtics fan was a top 2 pick. this sucks

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I have never been happier to hate basketball. :D
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 07:31 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

And the news goes from bad to worse... apparently Roy Hibbert is going back to Georgetown...
Old 05-23-2007, 09:32 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
And the news goes from bad to worse... apparently Roy Hibbert is going back to Georgetown...
Yeah, I just heard. I love Hibbert, but I don't think he fits in what we want to do. I think we should just go small, have Al play the 5, draft Yi Jianlian, and start running with Rondo. Having two athletic bigs like that could really do some good for us. I really don't know what we should do though. We don't really need anything. We have players we like at every position, with the exception of center.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 05-23-2007 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

I wouldn't be shocked to see them grab the Chinaman considering all the foreign success the Red Sox are seeing and how much the Chinglings love to come this way to see their players. I know absolutely nothing about the guy though, just that he doesn't play the way his size would make you think he would.

Whatever happens, happens at this point...
Old 05-23-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

well my guy is al horford if not him i wan julian wright
Old 05-23-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
LitoSheppard
Veteran

LitoSheppard needs more cowbell.
Default :) A great day in Philly

That's hillariouse.. what were the odds?

^ bantx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER View Post
**** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".
LitoSheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:41 AM    (permalink
LitoSheppard
Veteran

LitoSheppard needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I wouldn't be shocked to see them grab the Chinaman considering all the foreign success the Red Sox are seeing and how much the Chinglings love to come this way to see their players. I know absolutely nothing about the guy though, just that he doesn't play the way his size would make you think he would.

Whatever happens, happens at this point...
I forget his name, but I'v seen some of him he's awsome. He is more Dirk Nowitzki then Yao Ming. In the USA vrs whatever team he played for he did awomse..

^ bantx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER View Post
**** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".
LitoSheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Bostonsportlova
Rookie

Bostonsportlova hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

ya this stinks. Well my guys Corey Brewer. If Green develops this year into a big time scorer and Brewer shows hes not bust i would trade Pierce after this season. A lineup of Rondo Brewer Green Big Al and a center (next years draft pick or guy we traded for Pierce) is fantastic. Brewer is not just a good shooter he plays increadible defense and make up for Greens's below average d. I no we need a good season this year for Doc to stay. But Doc Rivers would love this lineup with 3 guys that can run up and down the court and a franchise center.

This Year
Draft Brewer

Next Year
Trade Pierce
Draft a Center
Bostonsportlova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

We also have a first round pick coming from Minnesota either next year or the following. If the T-Wolves make the playoffs next year, we get the pick. If they don't, it's their option to either give us the pick or the next years. So basically, we're hoping Kevin Garnett gets traded and the TWolves suck even more the next two years to cash in there...

I really say just blow it up at this point...
Old 05-26-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Below average D for Green? More like atrocious. The Celtics blooooow. I am ashamed to admit that I am a fan. Pretty sure they're going with the Chinaman.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

They should go after Jamaal Magloire while their at it. He's a passable center...