Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-23-2006, 02:36 PM    (permalink
haccess

Carolina improving a bit; had a pretty good offseason. Kris Jenkins will be healthy again, Adam Meadows possibly coming back, and even talk of Mark Fields wanting to return.

Key pickups:
LB Keith Adams (Philadelphia); C Justin Hartwig (Tennessee); WR Keyshawn Johnson (Dallas); DT Ma'ake Kemoeatu (Baltimore); DT Damione Lewis (St. Louis); CB Richard Marshall (2nd-round pick); RB D'Angelo Williams (1st-round pick); SS Shaun Williams (N.Y. Giants)

Key losses:
DT Brentson Buckner; LB Will Witherspoon; S Marlon McCree; CB Ricky Manning Jr.; LB Brandon Short
Old 07-23-2006, 02:45 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said that the colts were declining a bit cause with addai i think we will still have a run game but not as good as the run game we had with edgerrin

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 03:16 PM    (permalink

Tampa had a young team last year and so we are much more experienced.

Why we are improving:
1. Chris Simms has much more experienced, spent offseason preparing as team's unquestioned leader on offense.

2. Michael Clayton is coming back healthy (or so we think). He should make an impact. Galloway didn't produce at end of season because he was gettting double teams. Clayton should help him our passing game.

3. Young players stepping up: Will Allen FS, Anthony Bryant NT, Dewayne White DE, Barrett Ruud, and rookies Alan Zemaitis CB/NB, Davin Joseph G.

4. Our OL can't be worse, it was that bad.

5. Mahan will play at more natural position, C than at RG.

Why we could be declining:
1. Our defense is getting old, but they haven't shown signs of their age...yet.

2. Can Kenyatta Walker and Anthony Davis improve? They were bad last year, but like I said I think they can only get better, but how much.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em'
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler
In between improving a bit and improving a lot for the Packers IMO.
agreed. i said improving a bit.
I don't see you you guys improving alot. I think it's about the same, but maybe i'm missing something?
Add in players like AJ Hawk, Charles Woodson, Ryan Pickett, Marquand Manuel and also Abdul Hodge and I think that would make a considerable improvement alone. Now the offensive improvement is much weaker and is more based on the future with the addition of Daryn Colledge and Jason Spitz for the OL while getting Greg Jennings for the WR corps. So maybe it's not the biggest improvement as a whole but it is definitely there.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:28 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Option #4

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Broncos

we are getting better and not by a bit...but not only did we bring in youth and have youth at the skill positions we have the players to win now...and in 5 years we have set it up so we still have youth...drafting a QB for us not only added some pressuer on jake to play better...but it locked our future.

we have gotten better no by bringin in walker and adding depth on the Dline, but we have also gotten better in the long run with young talented WR and Cutler
Old 07-23-2006, 04:23 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stufazz
Packers - Improving a bit
I agree a bit, but mostly on defense.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 04:28 PM    (permalink
CraigNall4MVP

bills has inproved alot, criag nal is qb for them now
Old 07-23-2006, 04:33 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP

I think your kidding but I cant be quite sure.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Hawks, Sox and Bears o my

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
declining teams: Colts, Jacksonville, Patriots, Chiefs, Chargers, Bills, and maybe the Steelers.
Bills declining
Old 07-23-2006, 04:57 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks, Sox and Bears o my
Quote:
declining teams: Colts, Jacksonville, Patriots, Chiefs, Chargers, Bills, and maybe the Steelers.
Bills declining
You don't make as many defensive draft picks (all good ones, even though they reaches in 1st round) and get worse.

All they need is a freaking QB. that is it.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:00 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Bills declining

You look familiar

I know who you are, but I think we should keep on the hush-hush about it. So let's shut up now. or just me. Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 05:11 PM    (permalink

The Saints are improving a bit on offense. The skill positions will be improved a lot, however the offensive line is very questionable. The defense may have improved a LITTLE bit, but nowhere near enough to get us to the playoffs.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:14 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroney39
Quote:

No they signed him he was #3 in Green Bay I kind of liked him but thanks to this guy I hate him. and btw Its Nall
Old 07-23-2006, 05:19 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
Originally Posted by maroney39
Quote:

No they signed him he was #3 in Green Bay I kind of liked him but thanks to this guy I hate him. and btw Its Nall
Craig Nall will end up being #3 on the Bills depth chart...

1 - Holcomb
2 - Losman
3 - Nall
Old 07-23-2006, 05:36 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams improved alot this offseason on Paper. Now lets see if we can take it to the field.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Maddog4977
Rookie

Maddog4977 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

49ers are on the upswing and will make big strides in the next few season.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:03 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
:D Improving a bit, but it still= a top 10 pick in the next years draft :(
As of right now, who do you want starting week 1 for your Titans? Volek or Young?
Week 1 Volek
Week 13 Dec 10 @ Houston Young(If he is Ready)

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 06:10 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Improoving a lot. Got rid of Martz, picked up a solid backup QB in Ferotte, who was the QB from the Dolphins last year-which was a big reason for the disappointment last season. And we picked up guys to improove all the aspects of our ****** defense. Picked up La'Roi Glover to improove our DL, picked up Will Witherspoon for our linebackers, drafted Tye Hill who will be a stud for cornerback, and though he may be old and not as good as Archy, but I wasn't a big fan of Archy, we added Chavous. So we improoved a lot.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:48 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog4977
Can we go down any further?

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 08:56 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well for the Seahawks, they're on the border between being about the same and improving a bit. There are several key positions that are declining due to age, yet certain positions (well, basically the defense in general) that are on the incline due to... well, age.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simms2Clayton
Quote:
Quote:
Bills declining
You don't make as many defensive draft picks (all good ones, even though they reaches in 1st round) and get worse.

All they need is a freaking QB. that is it.

Okay, look at the players they lost, Erik Moulds, Sam Adams, Lawyer Milloy, and Mark Campbell. The players they replaced, they replaced with lesser quality players or rookies. I think when you look at what they lost (3 pro bowl caliber players) and what they added, they are actually on a slight decline from last year. For the future, yeah they will be improved but, from last year to this year they are a little worse. They lost a great deal of experience and in turn may be taking a step backward from last year to this year, when it comes to the 06-07 season.

2005 Bills > 2006 Bills

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 09:14 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog4977
Can we go down any further?
3-13, 2-14, 1-15, or 0-16.

My Rams aren't gonna feel sorry for u this year and give u two wins.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears: Improving a bit

I know sounds crazy since they didnt add any offensive weapons but hear me out. It is their second year in the offensive system therefore making it more along the lines of a natural response instead of a thinking process. Grossman is coming back- again. Griese was added for depth. Bradley, and Currie return to health. The O-line is still in one piece, (although thin). The defense added depth on all three planes, (d-line, Lb, and secondary)

A big loss was the D-Backs coach tho.
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Falcons improved alot this offseason on Paper. Hopefully they can take it on to the field.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote