Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Atlanta might take Conley or atleast have given the illusion that they will and will continue to whether or not they want him for leverage. It is clear that Portland would need to trade up to #3 to get Conley. If you trade a big name player like Randolph lets say for a specific player you better be in a spot where the guy you know will be there and #3 is the only spot with that insurance, no way are they dealing with the Bulls at #9.
He wasn't talking about that trade exactly.. but the type of trade it was.. basically saying they'll do a trade if each team picks a certain guy, but they wait for Free Agency to start to include a Sign & Trade player in the deal.. At least, that's what I assume he meant.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
He wasn't talking about that trade exactly.. but the type of trade it was.. basically saying they'll do a trade if each team picks a certain guy, but they wait for Free Agency to start to include a Sign & Trade player in the deal.. At least, that's what I assume he meant.
You can agree on principle but you can't have a formal written agreement, so if a team wants to screw the other team over and go against their word they can, although it's more of one of those unwritten rules, but obviously it is rare, I can't think of a situation in which this happened.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 08:37 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh man I love it, the Blazers have made initial offers for the Hawks 3rd pick for Conley and Hawks said we want Brandon Roy or LaMarcus, haha atleast they are not giving in and are keeping the leverage. They have already offered Zach Randolph and Jarrett Jack for the 3rd pick. I think the Hawks should take that but they would need to add someone to balance the contracts and thats not happening. For the Hawks sure I'd take Broy cause he will be an Allstar but he wouldn't even be starting for us. Joe Johnson is our 2, and Brandon can't play pure PG for us so I'm not sure, Childress is an excellent backup already and could be starting elsewhere so while I'm sure we would find a way to get Roy in the starting lineup like moving JJ to SF which would be unnatural the fit would just be awkward. Obviously getting LaMarcus would be amazing and would give us the franchise big we have been looking for. And I know it would be crazy for the Blazers to trade LaMarcus to us for the 3rd pick but if they are that adamant about having Oden with Conley Jr., Randolph and Oden would be a great combo, Randolph is an Allstar and only what 25-26 years old. To be honest I'd love to take Randolph and Jarrett Jack if we only need to add say a Lorenzen Wright along with the 3rd pick to balance out contracts. I know he has attitude issues but Zach would give the Hawks an allstar forward and a starting point guard, who is a local boy from Georgia, plus with the 11th pick we would have the luxury of taking any position, even possibly Julian Wright if he drops to challenge Marvin for the SF spot. Or even Thad Young another local kid.

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 05-27-2007 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:39 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Am I the only person in the 'Portland should take Kevin Durant' bandwagon?
No you are not.

And as far as Gordon, I would not be disappointed at all to see him go. I think it's too early to trade him this season (unless we receive a starting quality 2 in the process, but if we wait till next year we could get a big or a package of young players and draft picks and let Thabo step in at the 2), but if we could work a sign and trade after this coming year I would have no problem with that at all. The fact that he's a small 2 really kills us defensively, at least against a team against the NJ Nets. With Carter and Jefferson at the 2/3 spots, if we have Ben and Kirk on the floor at the same time we're stuck with Kirk guarding Vince who has about 2 inches and 30 lbs on him. At least from what I saw, thats a major mismatch, and that along with poor transition defense and a terrible shooting game cost us the #2 seed in the last game of the year. Not saying that Gordon has to go, but I think if we get a good deal for him the pluses outweigh the minuses. Of course, if Luol Deng doesn't develop into as consistant a scorer as Gordon, we could have offensive problems, but I think he'll continue to improve and we'll be just fine.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow Albridge and Roy? Not saying they should be untouchable, but I highly doubt the POR would get rid of both of them for an unproven PG just because Oden wants him. Much less both Albridge and Roy.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Wow Albridge and Roy? Not saying they should be untouchable, but I highly doubt the POR would get rid of both of them for an unproven PG just because Oden wants him. Much less both Albridge and Roy.
I could be wrong but I'm almost positive it's Aldridge OR Roy. Aldridge, as Ghetto said, could actually make sense for Portland. At least a lot more sense than Roy would, although Roy wouldn't make that much sense for Atlanta either.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He didn't say anything about trading both of them, Portlands GM would be fired in a heartbeat.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh my bad it does say OR. I thought Hawks were being really greeedy.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:56 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Oh my bad it does say OR. I thought Hawks were being really greeedy.
LaMarcus makes the most sense for Atlanta, and Randolph makes the most sense for Portland. LaMarcus makes sense for Portland, possibly the second most, and same for Randolph and Atlanta. If the Blazers go Oden with the #1 pick, there has got to be a pretty strong possibility of something happening because it makes sense for both sides. Portland would have a logjam in the frontcourt and wants Conley, plus they could use a point. Atlanta could use a big, might get Jack in the deal, and if so could go Crittenton at 11 or just take BPA.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:09 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
LaMarcus makes the most sense for Atlanta, and Randolph makes the most sense for Portland. LaMarcus makes sense for Portland, possibly the second most, and same for Randolph and Atlanta. If the Blazers go Oden with the #1 pick, there has got to be a pretty strong possibility of something happening because it makes sense for both sides. Portland would have a logjam in the frontcourt and wants Conley, plus they could use a point. Atlanta could use a big, might get Jack in the deal, and if so could go Crittenton at 11 or just take BPA.
I really want Randolph and Jack, and that is actually what the Blazers reportedly have offered, Randolph gives us a young dominant allstar, and Jack gives us a solid starter.

Old 05-27-2007, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Speaking of the Hawks. Did Solomon Jones do anything last year? He was one of sleepers in the draft last year.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Speaking of the Hawks. Did Solomon Jones do anything last year? He was one of sleepers in the draft last year.
Stats wise were nothing special, but he played in over half of the games probably started that last 10 or so games, he has great potential. He is very active and can rebound and block shots, but his offense is lacking. Someone who really impressed me is Shelden Williams, and I will always hate the pick and he will never be #5 pick worthy but I expect him to be a career 12+8 guy off the bench. He could have a solid role every year, a team glue kind of guy.

Old 05-27-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really want Randolph and Jack, and that is actually what the Blazers reportedly have offered, Randolph gives us a young dominant allstar, and Jack gives us a solid starter.
I don't know about that GS. Not knocking on your team but I don't think Randolph (who is a major head case) on that team which I feel is undisciplned at times is a good fit there. They aren't a bad team but Zach would be a better fit in a place like Chicago IMO. An organization that prides itself on character players, and a coach like Skiles who commands respect and has strict hand.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 10:23 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I don't know about that GS. Not knocking on your team but I don't think Randolph (who is a major head case) on that team which I feel is undisciplned at times is a good fit there. They aren't a bad team but Zach would be a better fit in a place like Chicago IMO. An organization that prides itself on character players, and a coach like Skiles who commands respect and has strict hand.
I agree but I'd be willing to take the chance, and the Blazers would rather trade him to the Hawks than Bulls cause they want Conley. To Randolph's credit the punch in the Ruben Patterson case with Quientel Woods(who already had Pacman Jones type disciplinary issues before he was drafted) it was a time when everyone on the Blazers was a head case and he was in a bad situation. I don't believe he ever had character issues in college, and being under Tom Izzo you know he should have atleast a solid character. All of the other stuff like the sexual assault case and the registered car case, are completely his fault, but I'd like to think a change of scenery anywhere would do him good. I know he's good with fans, but he needs to see that if he can just keep his act together he can be an elite big man in the league on the same level of the Boozers and Elton Brands.

Old 05-27-2007, 10:30 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree but I'd be willing to take the chance, and the Blazers would rather trade him to the Hawks than Bulls cause they want Conley. To Randolph's credit the punch in the Ruben Patterson case with Quientel Woods(who already had Pacman Jones type disciplinary issues before he was drafted) it was a time when everyone on the Blazers was a head case and he was in a bad situation. I don't believe he ever had character issues in college, and being under Tom Izzo you know he should have atleast a solid character. All of the other stuff like the sexual assault case and the registered car case, are completely his fault, but I'd like to think a change of scenery anywhere would do him good. I know he's good with fans, but he needs to see that if he can just keep his act together he can be an elite big man in the league on the same level of the Boozers and Elton Brands.
You should see his police report, it has like 10 charges on it. He had a lot of trouble in High School, and I believe he had some charges in college as well. And recently he just into trouble as well. I can't remember everything on the list but it involved drugs, sexual assault, and things like that.

He's a guy who can tear a team apart, and with a young team like Atlanta's that could be a horrible situation. Idk, if I'm Atlanta I think twice about doing this. The value is good, but I just don't trust Randolph as well.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:36 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I wish they would do #3 for Lamarcus straight up, but I don't see that happening. I'd like to see Zach in D.C. No one ever has character issues in D.C. In D.C. it isn't like other places where when you go out if you are an athlete you are treated like a celebrity. Here because we are in the middle of political America you don't have those same privileges of walking into a club like you own it, plus here in D.C. if you stay out late making trouble and you are famous you will go down, just ask Andray Blatche. In D.C. all of the players here just stay home and practice, and with a light hearted guy like Gilbert I think he will be able to keep Zach happy and out of trouble, we have high character guys in Caron, Gil, AD etc... Only problem is with Etan and Brendan cause Brendan is always being a little kid but he is 100% guaranteed to be traded especially after what he has been saying lately. I'd happily give Jamison for Randolph. Randolph gives us a legit low post scorer, and takes pressure off Caron and Gil, while Blazers get a starting SF, and a pretty sick lineup with Jack/Conley, Broy, Jamison, Lamarcus, and Oden. Plus Jamison is a high character guy.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:23 AM    (permalink
DorianSmith
Rookie

DorianSmith needs more cowbell.

i love LaMarcus and they Blazers wont trade him but Randolph and Jack is a good trade to the Hawks but the only problem with Randolph is he didnt play any Defense
DorianSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone do a mock draft

im really interested on who the bulls would select
Old 05-27-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
I think each scenario (LaMarcus straight up vs. Randolph and Jack) has its pluses and minuses. If you trade for LaMarcus, you probably would lean towards going point at 11, so lets just say you take Crittenton there. You're basically weighing LaMarcus and Crittenton vs. Randolph, Jack, and 11. LaMarcus and Crittenton have arguably better high end potential, and both are younger than Randolph and Jack. It gives you a more conventional lineup (assuming Smith is at the 4, LaMarcus is a more natural 5 than Randolph IMO) and a ton of flexibility because LaMarcus can play the 4 or 5, Smith can play the 3 or 4 and Marvin Williams probably can to, Crittenton is probably big enough to defend the 1 and 2 if necessary and Joe Johnson can do practically anything. You could also argue that they fit in better with the Hawks team, but I'm not completely sure about that. Randolph and Jack have some pluses too. They probably step in and play at a higher level sooner. Plus you have the flexibility of taking pretty much whoever you want at 11. Kind of depends what you're after, but both deals would be nice. Hopefully I'm not wrong on everything as I'm more taking educated guesses than anything else, but that's how I saw it when I thought about it.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
anyone do a mock draft

If Yi falls to them (unlikely as it is), then Yi is the pick. Otherwise it's probably going to be Spencer Hawes.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
DorianSmith
Rookie

Quote:
anyone do a mock draft

MINE:
My Mock Draft in Minimal Detail
Old 05-27-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianSmith View Post
Sorry but that's pretty awful, plus Hansborough and Lawson aren't even eligible, and Visser at 14 makes me wanna cry.

Old 05-27-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i thought the bulls had 2 first round picks

but i like jeff green int eh first for the bulls
or julian wright
Old 05-27-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
i thought the bulls had 2 first round picks

but i like jeff green int eh first for the bulls
or julian wright
Eh, I guess. I like Hawes personally because getting either of those two creates a log jam on our team. Although if we do go that way, I wouldn't be upset at all, both are very good all around players.

I think though when Hawes gains some weight he's going to be a helluva post player. Amazing passing skills for a big man, good outside touch, great hands, and very good post moves. I liken him to Pau Gasol personally from what I've seen.

Also in regards to his inconsistent season, I just found out that he had injury problems all year long, which was a major reason to why he was inconsistent. He still averaged 15 and 7 though, which is pretty darn good for being banged up all year.

Quote:
Old 05-27-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
DorianSmith
Rookie

Quote:
Sorry but that's pretty awful, plus Hansborough and Lawson aren't even eligible, and Visser at 14 makes me wanna cry.
i thought they were but i had McRoberts at 14 they got mixed up somehow i will edit it later