Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-24-2006, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surtain & Law
Quote:
Can't wait till Moss burns Surtain/Law. mmm
i cant wait till the raiders trade moss
but if he stays will make him pay
That almost makes sense, but no.
I could give 2 shits if Moss burns us all day because the only thing that's going to matter is how bad we beat you on the score board.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:28 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Just make his title homer now. This is terrible. I bet his kid didn't watch Law play a down last season. Ask any Jets fan how horrible he was. I don't even know why I'm posting because this kid obviously hasn't read what everyone else has said.

For the topic, it's easily Gamble and Lucas. Lucas is probably the best pure cover corner in the NFL and Gamble is very good.

Also about Surtain, he always covered the #2 guy in Miami. He always got the ball thrown to him because no one ever, and I mean ever threw at Sam Madison. He is still a very good player though. Law on the other hand...
That was the point I made about Surtain. The guy played second fiddle to Madison while in Miami and was exposed last year in Kansas City. My best friend is a Chiefs fan, so I actually watch the Chiefs play quite a bit. It wasn't pretty.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lucas & Gamble is tuff to beat.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:39 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lucas & Gamble
then
McAlister & Roll

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:43 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
Law and Surtain would only be considered a top-combo back in '03.
Yeah

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:46 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Of course its Lucas and Gamble(sounds like a law firm). Law and surtain are good but not quite as good as the other 2. A couple of years ago it would have been amazing, but dont be shocked if they burnt often, especially deep.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:48 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Oh and I forgot to plug my boys Clements and Mcgee. Clem is legit and Mcgee is an up-and-comer. They should be on the poll.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessrussian
Oh and I forgot to plug my boys Clements and Mcgee. Clem is legit and Mcgee is an up-and-comer. They should be on the poll.
True i'am a big Mcgee fan.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:52 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
Quote:
True i'am a big Mcgee fan.
not me
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:56 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Regardless of my sarcasm (^^^) and my opinion that Clements is overrated, they really are one of the better tandems in the league
Old 07-24-2006, 10:05 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When Smoot isn't a complete bum him and Winfield are one of the top ones, if not the top duo. If Smoot can play like he did in D.C., him he a top 15 CB.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Vasher and Tillman could be the best tandem, its just Tillman had a down year. But im surprised, I thought Champ and Foxworth would get more votes, its pretty widely thought that Champ is the champ of cbs and i thought Foxworth was pretty damn good....
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:08 PM    (permalink
raiderfan_89
Pro Bowler

raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.raiderfan_89 is a cocksman.

Routt & Washington anh jk,we got a a yr or two for that duo to become top 5,but my choice is Hall & Williams.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:13 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123
I think Vasher and Tillman could be the best tandem, its just Tillman had a down year. But im surprised, I thought Champ and Foxworth would get more votes, its pretty widely thought that Champ is the champ of cbs and i thought Foxworth was pretty damn good....
Id say Vasher and Tillman have quite a bit of work to do before they can be considered the best tandem
Old 07-24-2006, 10:21 PM    (permalink

as much as i want to say GB's got it, you have to say lucas/gamble
Old 07-24-2006, 10:25 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sik wit it
as much as i want to say GB's got it, you have to say lucas/gamble
:?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going Lucas and Gamble. A great combo there.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's nice to see an OSU guy in the best duo :)

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:37 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93
It's nice to see an OSU guy in the best duo :)
Two years ago the best duo was two OSU guys
Old 07-24-2006, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sold on Chris Gamble as a cover corner, although he does make interceptions. However, that is off-set, because they have the best corner in the game right now in Ken Lucas.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Can't wait till Moss burns Surtain/Law. mmm
i cant wait till the raiders trade moss
but if he stays will make him pay
:roll: That almost makes sense, but no.
he ask to be trade to the falcons but they didnt want him
he said also ravens was and option
But he didnt gt traded there, so now you get the pleasure of watching him burn you 2x a year.
dont be shock if he does get traded
He wonn't be traded. He's their entire offense. Plus teams won't pay much for him since people are questioning him after his dropoff of last season.

But you don't have to worry about him burning you because they signed Brooks.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:08 PM    (permalink
CGF 216/137

Sheldon Brown and Lito Sheppard should atleast be on the list.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:13 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For me:

1. Gamble and Lucas
2. Harris and Woodson
3. McCalister and Rolle

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:15 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan
For me:

1. Gamble and Lucas
2. Harris and Woodson
3. McCalister and Rolle
i agree with you on the second and third ones but i think that sheldon brown and lito sheppard are the best or can be the best.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Law is so overrated. Coming from someone who watched him all season long, he had a bunch of penalties, and he struggling tackling all season long. Most of his picks were Deltha O'Neal like interceptions. He made a good play on the ball in KC, which is probably why everyone's overrating him in KC.

The best CB combo is Gamble and Lucas in Carolina. It's scary to think that they have Rucker and Peppers rushing with those two covering.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote