Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 05-09-2007, 01:36 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do the Vikings qualify as having a competent coaching staff?
I thought the exact same thing when I read that.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:38 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well living near MN I'll have to be watching them alot...AD should help that. I would just like to point out...that Rice isn't the speedster the fun a fly route...but he had the best 10 yard split time at the combine...which will really put him at his best on the intermidate routes. Posts/In/Outs will be where he is at his best...something that really hasn't been in MN since the early 90s.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 04:49 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

Uhm does the name ChrisCarter mean anything to you? Hasnt been in minnesota since the early 90's? Jake Reed? I believe those guys played the majorty of the 90's.
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:30 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Ego View Post
Uhm does the name ChrisCarter mean anything to you? Hasnt been in minnesota since the early 90's? Jake Reed? I believe those guys played the majorty of the 90's.
Chris "all I do is catch TD's and precision out patterns" Carter.

Jake Reed was a name I was trying to think of. But still Rice should be a better player than him...key word should he has far more talent than Reed ever had. Chris Carter was not a intermediate type receiver he was a finesse WR. He was great at setting corners up and breaking them down...his concentration was second to none...but he didn't have the burst that a guy like Rice has...which is what I was trying to get at with my post above.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
tylere0814

Competant? Good question, before the draft i'd say no. But they've shown to me that they know what we need, and pick the BPA at every pick

This is the first time i've felt good about next season since week10
Old 05-20-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
the_Kid
Rookie

the_Kid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylere0814 View Post
Competant? Good question, before the draft i'd say no. But they've shown to me that they know what we need, and pick the BPA at every pick

This is the first time i've felt good about next season since week10
what made you feel so good on week 10, we lost to the packers 17-23
the_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

Carter didnt have burst? Uhm maybe his last 3-4 years, Chris carter was at very least in the top 5 receivers of all time In my opinion the number 2-3. He ran the routes he was asked to run. He ran them as well as any player during his era. And to say Chris Carter was a finese receiver is saying jerry rice was a possesion receiver. Uhm the man was a phyiscal freak, he was a huge receiver who constantly broke tackles, and busted the jam as well as any player in the history of the game. The only weakness in his game was he served during the Dennis Green Era where we rarely had the same qb 2 years in a row, With some of the fill ins being
Shawn Salisubry?
Rich Ganon
Jim McMahon
brad johnson?
Not to mention Culpepper Moon Cunningham George Bowen
While Rice had 2 HOF's
Harrison 1 HOF'S
Your argument just makes no sense to me The minnasota vikings have been very fortunate to have elite wide outs for most of the last 20 years,
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
T-Rat42
Rookie

T-Rat42 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

A little side note about Sidney Rice: Arkansas Cornerback Chris Houston's stock rose when he shut down receivers such as Dwayne Jarrett, Dwayne Bowe and Robert Meachem. However Chris Houston couldn't handle Sidney Rice when Arkansas played South Carolina. Coincidence?

Mad Props to JETS5128 for the sig!
T-Rat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think it should be noted that you guys probably have the best left side offensive line in the league, and overall one of the best, with 2 great RB's who can produce...on top of that, at QB and WR, their strengths are a strong arm at QB, and if nothing else speed to stretch the field at WR...

i think alot of those WR's should be able to get downfield and have alot of open deep looks...ala the falcons, when they did decide to pass, white and jenkins had alot of chances for deep ball opportunities....

so even though the WR's may not be the best overall group, or be able to do alot of different things right now, the one thing their good at, actually complements with the rest of the offense really well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote