Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-27-2006, 03:57 AM    (permalink
Cockeymofo76
Veteran

Location: Thirty IQ points above you. 612 not in wisconsin like some complete idiots say....
Cockeymofo76 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Torrents..

I'm just wondering what all your guys' thoughts are on torrent downloading... or the downloading of files legally or illegally via peer 2 peer software...

Are the tracker sites that post these files liable?

Does the MPAA have the right to sue over such downloads? (not legal.. that is obvious its moral im wondering about)

Are the people that are doing this amoral, criminals or just mis-guided?

Why do You use ... or not use P2P?
Old 07-27-2006, 04:04 AM    (permalink
Cockeymofo76
Veteran

Location: Thirty IQ points above you. 612 not in wisconsin like some complete idiots say....
Cockeymofo76 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I will start if off

First no, torrent trackers shouldn't be liable because they are not posting the torrents themselves.. if they are hosting the files on their servers then yes but other than that NO

MPAA is lazy they have been exploiting the fact they are the only game in town for a long time, they can virtually raise the price of movies to any price they want.. they need to instead of blame US they need to make their movies impossible to steal until the date of release ... Camcorders are impossible to stop.. and who likes CAMS anyway i know i don't

People that do this .. around 2 million range from amoral to mis-guided to those who blatantly don't care that some of their releases mainly indy films actually do hurt the bottom line..

I use it because its away for me to preview movies.. i was going to buy freedom land the previews looked cool .. OH HOW WRONG I WAS

Advice for u paranoid and non-paranoid P2P dl'ers out their dl Peer Guardian.. it guards ur IP against KNOWN fakes and MPAA servers... I HIGHLY RECCOMEND IT
Old 07-27-2006, 04:10 AM    (permalink
Vespasian
Veteran

Vespasian hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockeymofo76
I will start if off

First no, torrent trackers shouldn't be liable because they are not posting the torrents themselves.. if they are hosting the files on their servers then yes but other than that NO

MPAA is lazy they have been exploiting the fact they are the only game in town for a long time, they can virtually raise the price of movies to any price they want.. they need to instead of blame US they need to make their movies impossible to steal until the date of release ... Camcorders are impossible to stop.. and who likes CAMS anyway i know i don't

People that do this .. around 2 million range from amoral to mis-guided to those who blatantly don't care that some of their releases mainly indy films actually do hurt the bottom line..

I use it because its away for me to preview movies.. i was going to buy freedom land the previews looked cool .. OH HOW WRONG I WAS

Advice for u paranoid and non-paranoid P2P dl'ers out their dl Peer Guardian.. it guards ur IP against KNOWN fakes and MPAA servers... I HIGHLY RECCOMEND IT
Thanks for the tip.

Sig by Raiderfan_89
Vespasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:44 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know how I ever used the internet until I got round to downloading PG a while back.