Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-31-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I wouldn't classify McGahee as a downgrade from Jamal Lewis. Willis is younger, faster, has more potential, and is a better receiver out of the backfield than Lewis. While he's not going to run over LB's 30 times a game, he is a more explosive playmaker.

I cannot argue with you that losing Thomas is going to be tough for your defense, but the overall unit remains strong. If they can get Jarrett Johnson working well within the system and limiting his mistakes, you might not miss Adelius that much.

Well Im a pessimistic person so I can't think that way, but hopefully your right.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Well, when players get injured, it is up to the coaches and the players to adjust. I put blame on the offensive coaching staff for not making the changes and on Eli for not working with his other weapons to make things happen better.

of course, but then again when you got Tim Carter out there as a starter, you got some issues lol
Old 05-31-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Worse off than last year ??? The Giants stand out as do the Titans.
However I can't figure out why the Vikings haven't been mentioned yet.

They gave up or gave away their top 3 WR's from last year as well as their best pass catching TE. They overpay to bring in Wade and soemthing called Shiancoe to replace them..then dump the only starting Qb on the roster that has more than 5 wins in his career.
Let their MLB go ...so they could move back their WLB (who had been excelling there) who'd failed miserably there just 2 years ago.
They let go their starting nickel back (Smoot) and now their top CB (Winfield) is threatening to hold out.

They failed to get any help to their O-Line (especially the right side) and
still haven't gotten a better option at O.C. (head play caller) than the same turd who did nothing there last year.

I'm guessing if this team doesn't somehow make the playoffs Mr. Childress'
head coaching stint may be over.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why people think that the Bills are worse off than last year
- London Fletcher does not fit our Cover-2 system. He made too many tackles downfield, and was a liability in pass coverage
- Willis McGahee clearly didn't want to be here, and he didn't always give 100%
- Takeo Spikes might not recover from his Achilles Tendon injury
- Nate Clements signed for $80 million, even though he did not play like that here. Also, you don't need great corners in the Cover-2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
I don't know why people think that the Bills are worse off than last year
- London Fletcher does not fit our Cover-2 system. He made too many tackles downfield, and was a liability in pass coverage
- Willis McGahee clearly didn't want to be here, and he didn't always give 100%
- Takeo Spikes might not recover from his Achilles Tendon injury
- Nate Clements signed for $80 million, even though he did not play like that here. Also, you don't need great corners in the Cover-2.

And you got Marshawn Lynch you lucky bass turds!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:09 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Based on what exactly?
An aggressive defensive minded coach, coming from the Jim Johson coaching tree who will replace the dope Tim Lewis. Firing our OC Huffy, and promoting Gilbride. When Amani Toomer went down we had no other wr step up because Moss was hurt, and Carter was allergic to the ball. So we drafted Steve Smith, and from what I heard Moss is 100%. So two new guys to help our offense. Tiki retired, and so we have been smart in developing Brandon Jacobs, who will be our back, and share some carries with Droughns.

I don't think we will be superbowl bound anytime soon, but I disagree 100% that we will be worse off.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
CrackerJack465
Rookie

CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.CrackerJack465 could make a wolverine purr.

I dont understand while people think the Giants are so much worse off.

Tiki was the only big loss, but its time for Eli to step up, and Brandon will be fine.

The LaVar/Emmons cuts were not big deal. Neither did anything last year.

And Luke was hurt all last year anyway.

What did they lose that was so bad?

People dont realize how many injuries the Giants had. Both pro bowl DE's, 2 LB's, 2 CB's, 1 safety, LT, RT, C, 3 WR's, TE, a third DE.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
miketomczak

i don't think the steelers are switching to 4-3 this season, maybe in the future, but i don't think that's the plan for '07. If Ben is back to form they'll do well, if not then they'll have another average year. If he plays like he can they can win it again, but i wouldn't be surprised if he's just mediocre. i hope not...
Old 06-01-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait to see what kind of Cover 2 the Chiefs run. I thought the Vikings were a joke of a Cover 2.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerJack465 View Post
I dont understand while people think the Giants are so much worse off.

Tiki was the only big loss, but its time for Eli to step up, and Brandon will be fine.

The LaVar/Emmons cuts were not big deal. Neither did anything last year.

And Luke was hurt all last year anyway.

What did they lose that was so bad?

People dont realize how many injuries the Giants had. Both pro bowl DE's, 2 LB's, 2 CB's, 1 safety, LT, RT, C, 3 WR's, TE, a third DE.
Barber was there MVP last season and got them into the playoffs. They have the same head coach, they lost Luke who was good, they didn't lose anyone else that was big but they didn't bring anyone big in either. As for there injuries they aren't revlevant to whether they improved there team or not.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
I'll admit i'm a bit worried about our left side, but there have been rumors of us trading for Schaffer from Cleveland. Not much of an upgrade, but at least we'll get to keep Deihl at LG, a position he plays very well, and have a true LT. If we don't make that move, i'll be a bit worried. Guy Whimper has been splitting time with Deihl on the first team at LT. He is very young, very athletic but still a bit raw. Probably not much of a downgrade over Petitgout.

As for RB, i'm not really worried one bit. Brandon Jacobs at 6'4" 260 pounds with 4.4 speed will be a nightmare for defenses as a starter. Rueben Droughns, his backup, will help him with his blocking and running style. Our #3 RB will be Ahmad Bradshaw, who is being called the steal of the draft. He absolutely amazed everyone with his speed, and cutback ability so far. I know it's early, but we have plenty to be optimistic about at the RB position.
If size and measurables were everything Chris Henry would have run for more than 3.3 ypc at U of A. I love Jacobs' size, he's also got good not great speed, but to say you aren't worried after losing a borderline HOF back is ridiculous
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
of course, but then again when you got Tim Carter out there as a starter, you got some issues lol
Philly's won division titles with FredEx and Todd Pinkston as their 1 and 2 receivers. It's not impossible
Old 06-01-2007, 11:51 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Philly's won division titles with FredEx and Todd Pinkston as their 1 and 2 receivers. It's not impossible

But they also had Donovan instead of Eli as a QB.

The problem with the Giants is Eli. Without teams fearing Tiki, Eli will suffer again this year.

Eli Manning is now, and will be, a 75-80 passer rating QB who suffers from inaccuracy (i.e. below 60% completion) and less than a 2:1 TD to INT ratio. That's Eli.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post

The problem with the Giants is Eli. Without teams fearing Tiki, Eli will suffer again this year.

Eli Manning is now, and will be, a 75-80 passer rating QB who suffers from inaccuracy (i.e. below 60% completion) and less than a 2:1 TD to INT ratio. That's Eli.
Well the way some Giants fans on here speak of him you'd think Jacobs is going to unseat LT as the best RB in the game, so you never know ;)
Old 06-02-2007, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

He's been in the league what 2 years ? and I believe he's help put the Giants in the playoffs both years....so, give the guy a break.
Seriously, how many years did it take for his brother to make a bowl ?
Give him some time.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Why is a qb not allowed to progress at all? Take a look at some of the other great qbs that came into the league and played their first two full seasons. Their numbers blow! Plus 2/3 playoff appearances, alot of throwing attempts, even with a pro bowl RB, more Tds then Ints, two years in a row, and lots of yards, for his TWO FULL seasons, is pretty damn good. I find it comical how people expect some sick numebers right off the bat. Not only that we had a tool of an offensive coordinator, who got fired towards the end of the season with games to go. So he accomplished all that with him.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Well Im a pessimistic person so I can't think that way, but hopefully your right.
Optimits are nothing but poorly informed pessimists.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see anyway you can make the Steelers sound better coming into this season than they were last year. We will have a new coach, our best lineman is going to holdout, the loss of Joey Porter, and no big additions in the offseason.

The only things that look better are our QB, WR, RB, and P. Ben is healthy, Holmes will be the starter, Duce isn't on the roster and Gardocki was cut.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Why is a qb not allowed to progress at all? Take a look at some of the other great qbs that came into the league and played their first two full seasons. Their numbers blow! Plus 2/3 playoff appearances, alot of throwing attempts, even with a pro bowl RB, more Tds then Ints, two years in a row, and lots of yards, for his TWO FULL seasons, is pretty damn good. I find it comical how people expect some sick numebers right off the bat. Not only that we had a tool of an offensive coordinator, who got fired towards the end of the season with games to go. So he accomplished all that with him.
K easy on those two playoff appearances. He's still 0/2, and they've gotten there on the strength of Tiki Barber. And sometimes he looks like he's legitimately good, then he goes ahead and screws it up by making a dumb throw. When analysts are saying you're supposed to be better than your HOF-to-be brother, I expect numbers right away. Considering he came into a much better situation than his brother, yes, I do expect a lot early.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:15 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
K easy on those two playoff appearances. He's still 0/2, and they've gotten there on the strength of Tiki Barber. And sometimes he looks like he's legitimately good, then he goes ahead and screws it up by making a dumb throw. When analysts are saying you're supposed to be better than your HOF-to-be brother, I expect numbers right away. Considering he came into a much better situation than his brother, yes, I do expect a lot early.
Yeah o/2, in his first two spots.. Sometimes qbs can't even make the playoffs in their first two full seasons. Actually while Tiki was good for us, we still threw the ball ranking up there in attempts in the NFL. SO it def. was balanced from that standpoint.

Analysts, lol, I don't really care what they say, good or bad actually. Never was one to take another's opinion to heart, unless I personally did my hw on the player. I would actually take a die hard fans opinion, who sleeps and breathes his team's advice over the analysts. But that's just me.

Came into a much better situation? Are you sure about that? You know we were 4-12? Also, our oline was garbage, and Tiki was a fumbler then. It was Coughlin who fixed it up and made him the good player that he was. So I disagree about that one.

But I do agree with you that he flashes good things, and makes dumb throws that I agree with. But this whole thing that he is doing bad things, and stuff like that is the thing I find inaccurate. Yeah sometimes I get annoyed at what he does, but overall I am happy with his first two full seasons, and I find that there is alot of room for improvement.