Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the exception that he isn't a complete pansy on defense and doesn't choke in big spots? Sounds about right
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm expecting big things from Gabe Pruitt in the NBA. In my opinion he's the best overal PG in the draft. Doesn't have the most upside but he's probably the best contributor right now
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
With the exception that he isn't a complete pansy on defense and doesn't choke in big spots? Sounds about right
I'm strictly basing the comparison on each players' skillset, that's it.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I'm strictly basing the comparison on each players' skillset, that's it.
I got ya. I like Durant's D a lot better, but I can kind of see the comparison
Old 06-04-2007, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I prefer Durant's defensive as well and he should only get better.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow apparently Jeff Green is considering hard on going back to school, while I'd be happy as GTown would win the title, I do think he is ready for the bigtime and would like to see him show his skills at the highest level.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Wow apparently Jeff Green is considering hard on going back to school, while I'd be happy as GTown would win the title, I do think he is ready for the bigtime and would like to see him show his skills at the highest level.
If he goes back, Georgetown should be everyone's favorite for the NC.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
If he goes back, Georgetown should be everyone's favorite for the NC.
So close to the NC last year, Hibbert, Green, Summers, Wallace, Ewing, Macklin, Crawford, Sapp a year better and add 2 all american guards and with Oden, Conley, Cook leaving for the NBA, and Florida all gone, no one should even come within 20 points of them other than UCLA or Memphis.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UNC will be pretty good, too, with Hansbrough and Lawson, but noone will be able to match GT inside game with Hibbert and Green.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like Demetris Nichols is rising after a good predraft camp. He's certainly an intriguing player, great shooter, I'd guess some team that thinks he could fit into a role for them takes him early second, maybe somebody even gives him a look late in the first if he keeps up performing like this.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Seems like Demetris Nichols is rising after a good predraft camp. He's certainly an intriguing player, great shooter, I'd guess some team that thinks he could fit into a role for them takes him early second, maybe somebody even gives him a look late in the first if he keeps up performing like this.
At the same time Watkins was awful and is unlikely to be drafted, Coleman Collins showed up bigtime as the best player in camp and should be drafted.

Old 06-04-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At the same time Watkins was awful and is unlikely to be drafted, Coleman Collins showed up bigtime as the best player in camp and should be drafted.
Yeah Collins had amazing numbers and I think shocked a lot of people, or at the very least surprised them. Also, seems like Jared Dudley impressed and perhaps teams learned from passing on another tweener type player, his teammate Craig Smith, and they give him a look around the same range as Nichols, perhaps earlier.

On the rumor front, a lot of talk of the Bulls having interest in Yi, supposedly they're trying to trade to Boston's spot. Honestly I think if Boston has a shot to take Yi they shouldn't trade the pick, but that's probably just me. Word is (although it makes no sense that these rumors are together to me) that Chicago also wants Zach Randolph. Supposedly they'd agree to a sign and trade with P.J. Brown and whoever Portland wants at 9 (probably one of the small forwards) going to the Blazers for Randolph, perhaps in some sort of 3 way deal that gets the Bulls to the 5 spot to take Yi. Honestly this doesn't make much sense to me, but if it does happen I don't know who the Bulls would give up to get to 5. Gordon? I can't see Boston having much interest in anyone else on the Bulls, I guess TT maybe but I'm not sure how he fits in there. Thabo would make some sense as well, but he'd have to be part of the deal, it couldn't be centered around him. If we give up much more than Gordon in this trade I'd be kind of pissed. I don't see them happening together though, although seperately they make sense.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Yeah Collins had amazing numbers and I think shocked a lot of people, or at the very least surprised them. Also, seems like Jared Dudley impressed and perhaps teams learned from passing on another tweener type player, his teammate Craig Smith, and they give him a look around the same range as Nichols, perhaps earlier.

On the rumor front, a lot of talk of the Bulls having interest in Yi, supposedly they're trying to trade to Boston's spot. Honestly I think if Boston has a shot to take Yi they shouldn't trade the pick, but that's probably just me. Word is (although it makes no sense that these rumors are together to me) that Chicago also wants Zach Randolph. Supposedly they'd agree to a sign and trade with P.J. Brown and whoever Portland wants at 9 (probably one of the small forwards) going to the Blazers for Randolph, perhaps in some sort of 3 way deal that gets the Bulls to the 5 spot to take Yi. Honestly this doesn't make much sense to me, but if it does happen I don't know who the Bulls would give up to get to 5. Gordon? I can't see Boston having much interest in anyone else on the Bulls, I guess TT maybe but I'm not sure how he fits in there. Thabo would make some sense as well, but he'd have to be part of the deal, it couldn't be centered around him. If we give up much more than Gordon in this trade I'd be kind of pissed. I don't see them happening together though, although seperately they make sense.
That's if Yi doesn't go 3 or 4, and with Collins he has to get a look because physically very few are as big as him, and he's a great kid with a great heart, people don't understand that his bad season was because of the passing of his father.

Old 06-04-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
That's if Yi doesn't go 3 or 4, and with Collins he has to get a look because physically very few are as big as him, and he's a great kid with a great heart, people don't understand that his bad season was because of the passing of his father.
Seems very understandable. If he keeps up playing like this he should be in really good shape to get drafted in a nice position, possibly early second which I think is one of the best places to get drafted (depending on the team you go to, but as far as how the contracts work its nice). And that was the one thing that confused the hell out of me about all of the rumors of the Bulls trading up to 5, I could really see Yi going at 3 and if he doesn't I don't really see him getting past the Grizz at 4. Supposedly Wright is currently the favorite at 3 but I don't buy that for a second and think it'd be a big mistake, too many athletes. Yi or Conley would be my pick, although depending on who you're getting in a trade I think shopping the pick is an attractive option. Also the Josh Smith rumors seem to be just that, rumors, and they'd better be because if the Hawks trade him they should be contracted on the spot.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Seems very understandable. If he keeps up playing like this he should be in really good shape to get drafted in a nice position, possibly early second which I think is one of the best places to get drafted (depending on the team you go to, but as far as how the contracts work its nice). And that was the one thing that confused the hell out of me about all of the rumors of the Bulls trading up to 5, I could really see Yi going at 3 and if he doesn't I don't really see him getting past the Grizz at 4. Supposedly Wright is currently the favorite at 3 but I don't buy that for a second and think it'd be a big mistake, too many athletes. Yi or Conley would be my pick, although depending on who you're getting in a trade I think shopping the pick is an attractive option. Also the Josh Smith rumors seem to be just that, rumors, and they'd better be because if the Hawks trade him they should be contracted on the spot.
Yeah I would go crazy if they trade Smoove, but I hear that their pick is between Conley and Horford.

Old 06-04-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah I would go crazy if they trade Smoove, but I hear that their pick is between Conley and Horford.
Doesn't he play the 4 for them? How would Horford fit in there?
Old 06-04-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Doesn't he play the 4 for them? How would Horford fit in there?
Hawks are a run and gun team like the Suns Horford would play the 5, and he is much better suited for it than Yi and especially Wright.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Hawks are a run and gun team like the Suns Horford would play the 5, and he is much better suited for it than Yi and especially Wright.
Okay makes sense to me. I guess he has a little better size than previously indicated, and a nice wingspan. I don't know if Yi would be a good fit, but in an unconventional way he could certainly bring an interesting dimension to their team because of his ability to run the floor as well as shoot.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
So close to the NC last year, Hibbert, Green, Summers, Wallace, Ewing, Macklin, Crawford, Sapp a year better and add 2 all american guards and with Oden, Conley, Cook leaving for the NBA, and Florida all gone, no one should even come within 20 points of them other than UCLA or Memphis.
And UNC. They bring back everyone except for Wright (I only try once every five games) and Terry and they've had some sick recruits lately
Old 06-04-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
And UNC. They bring back everyone except for Wright (I only try once every five games) and Terry and they've had some sick recruits lately
Yeah but keep in mind Georgetown would have the exact team back that came back and wrecked UNC at the end of the game. UNC would be fairly close, but Georgetown would probably run over pretty much everyone next year if Green comes back.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
UNC doesn't really impress me, Hansborough good college player no pro potential but teams have figured him out. Lawson great distibutor can't score. And you did lose Reyshawn Terry. Ginyard can guard but can't score with a crap. Ellington is their best player but can't do all the scoring. Frasor can shoot at times but nothing else.

Look at the Hoyas even forget about Jeff Green if he doesn't come back. Roy Hibbert will be the most dominant big man in college basketball. Dejaun Summers would have been a late lottery pick this year after a sensational freshman year. Jonathan Wallace is one of the best 3 point shooters in the country, and is the top floor generals in college basketball, one of the most efficient PG's I have seen in a long time. Pat Ewing Jr. is a top notch defender and energy guy off the bench and actually has an outside touch. Tyler Crawford is a no nonsense defender who is told by coaches to not play hard in practice due to the black eyes and bruised ribs he has given Jeff Green and others. Jessie Sapp a returning starter is very explosive and one of the most nifty guard around the hoop. Vernon Macklin a top 5 recruit from a year ago is ready to explode and is Jeff Green with more offense but isn't that Basketball genius that Green is. Plus Doc's son Jeremiah Rivers is a nice looking kid. Add All American scoring guards Austin Freeman and Chris Wright and maybe Jeff Green and it's over. Chris Wright reminds me of Scottie Reynolds, and Austin Freeman is gonna be bigtime from day 1, reminds me of a young Dwayne Wade but bigger.Georgetown was mins from the National Championship and if they were to return their team and a year older and better it is over. Only player they lost is Kenny Izzo who has never averaged more than .5 ppg.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
DorianSmith
Rookie

DorianSmith needs more cowbell.

Nichols and Brooks stock has rised alot!
DorianSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

GS, do you think Scottie's going to handle the point or play off guard most of the time this year. I assume he's going to do both, but he'll do one or the other the majority of the time. Will he play point when Fisher isn't in the game and the 2 when he is? From the team's perspective, it'd probably be nice to have both Fisher and Reyonolds on the floor at the same time, but for Scottie he's going to have to play some point to impress the NBA. He's already shown he can score and run a team to an extent, but if he runs a team consistently and successfully he would probably improve his draft position at least a little bit.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

After Gtown regardless of Green coming back or not my #2 team in the nation is Memphis easily an elite 8 team last year almost final 4 they are stacked and loaded. Only player they lose is Hunt. They have Chris Douglass Roberts coming back who is a deadly scorer, he will be one of the best scorers in the nation next year. They have Joey Dorsey who is the most animalistic college player, reminds me of Dwight Howard, not as tall and advanced but bigger and more jacked. The list goes on Dozier, Willis, Mack, Kemp, Cooper, Bailey, Antonio Anderson, and the solid Andre Allen. Last year they were a PG away from the national title. Now who do they add as a PG, Derrick Rose the best PG and player for that matter in the entire draft class. He is a surefire top 3 pick next year and will make Darius Washington look like hogwash. They also add huge time recruits swingmen Marcus Morris and Jeff Robinson and Marcus's twin center Markieff. Memphis is so impressive and stacked it is scary. The only team that can challenge Georgetown other than UCLA on a good night.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
GS, do you think Scottie's going to handle the point or play off guard most of the time this year. I assume he's going to do both, but he'll do one or the other the majority of the time. Will he play point when Fisher isn't in the game and the 2 when he is? From the team's perspective, it'd probably be nice to have both Fisher and Reyonolds on the floor at the same time, but for Scottie he's going to have to play some point to impress the NBA. He's already shown he can score and run a team to an extent, but if he runs a team consistently and successfully he would probably improve his draft position at least a little bit.
Yes that is the ideal situation what you stated, I thought Scottie should have declared this year in a weak crop and would be a first rounder and challenge Crittenton. He was smart however to go back and get better. He is an insane and unconscious scorer but he needs to work on PG skills. He actually reminds me a lot of Deron Williams except he's a better scorer but has less point guard skills. Both though are big tough kids, and like Reynolds Deron played a lot of off guard with Dee Brown and made his mark with his scoring although you could see the passing. Scottie is a real NBA scout. I watched a lot of his high school games and he is one of the best scorers I had ever seen.