Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-30-2006, 03:21 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:
"REBECCA: I've got a hot tip for you. I heard some people talking on the plane about Barry Bonds, who plays for the San Diego Giants--

DAN: The San Francisco Giants.

REBECCA: Right.

DAN: What about him?

REBECCA: They say he's good.

DAN: He is good.

REBECCA: They say the San Francisco Giants are
gonna be a good team.

DAN: They will, but not this year.

REBECCA: What about Barry Bonds?

DAN: Unfortunately, the rules prohibit Barry Bonds from batting before and after himself and he probably can't play right field and pitch at the same time."
:?

Did anyone get my reference?

Even not, did anyone even get the point to the post?
The point is Manning can't do it by himself, don't get the reference.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 03:22 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by javon favre
Quote:
I'll take Peyton Manning. Honestly, he hasn't choked a whole lot, and against any team not in a 3-4, he dominates. You add another coach on the field, he can read defenses like no other.

As a Steeler fan, with our defense and O-line, I think Peyton would def. take us to a Super Bowl. I love Ben, don't get me wrong, but he scares me beyond belief. Peyton IS the best QB in the NFL. Brady is right up there, and one of my favorite players (despite his Michigan ties,) but he doesn't command the on field presence that Manning has. People say Peyton chokes, but his defense has choked too, so had Dungy and the coaching staff. It's not on Peyton, he is #1.
Yes, he has. Sure he wont choke in the regular seasom but he's choked 3 straight year's in the playoffs.
how did he choke this year? the offensive line played like crap. it wasnt mannings fault
People assume because the Colts lost Manning crumbled under the pressure and was awful. 90 QB rating just aren't what they used to be. :roll:
he had 104 this year
I'm talking about the playoff game vs the Steelers.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-30-2006, 03:23 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by javon favre
Quote:
I'll take Peyton Manning. Honestly, he hasn't choked a whole lot, and against any team not in a 3-4, he dominates. You add another coach on the field, he can read defenses like no other.

As a Steeler fan, with our defense and O-line, I think Peyton would def. take us to a Super Bowl. I love Ben, don't get me wrong, but he scares me beyond belief. Peyton IS the best QB in the NFL. Brady is right up there, and one of my favorite players (despite his Michigan ties,) but he doesn't command the on field presence that Manning has. People say Peyton chokes, but his defense has choked too, so had Dungy and the coaching staff. It's not on Peyton, he is #1.
Yes, he has. Sure he wont choke in the regular seasom but he's choked 3 straight year's in the playoffs.
how did he choke this year? the offensive line played like crap. it wasnt mannings fault
People assume because the Colts lost Manning crumbled under the pressure and was awful. 90 QB rating just aren't what they used to be. :roll:
he had 104 this year
I'm talking about the playoff game vs the Steelers.
my bad
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 03:26 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular
Quote:
I'll take the best QB on this list, Peyton Manning.

Daunte can't even get on the list, not even over Brees?
6 TDs, 12 INTs in his first 7 games without Randy Moss. Then he sends his knee through a meat slicer. Not a good thing...
That is weak. The Vikings OL and defense was horrible. Add to that he didn't hate Nate Burleson, his top receiver from the year before. I don't see many people succeeding in that situation, except Tom Brady, because apparently he can throw to himself, and block, and play defense. :roll:

And explain how the year before Culpepper's stats when you take Moss out is 3950 yards and 26 TDs. Moss had very little effect the year before, but Culpepper had his best year. Interesting?

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 07-30-2006, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"REBECCA: I've got a hot tip for you. I heard some people talking on the plane about Barry Bonds, who plays for the San Diego Giants--

DAN: The San Francisco Giants.

REBECCA: Right.

DAN: What about him?

REBECCA: They say he's good.

DAN: He is good.

REBECCA: They say the San Francisco Giants are
gonna be a good team.

DAN: They will, but not this year.

REBECCA: What about Barry Bonds?

DAN: Unfortunately, the rules prohibit Barry Bonds from batting before and after himself and he probably can't play right field and pitch at the same time."
:?

Did anyone get my reference?

Even not, did anyone even get the point to the post?
The point is Manning can't do it by himself, don't get the reference.
Sports Night is the reference, man I love it.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:11 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The whole "teams win rings" argument is overrated. Teams put up stats too. Do you think Tom Brady would've won that Super Bowl without a defense or running game? Do you think Peyton Manning would put up record stats if his defense didn't keep him on the field more? Would he get all those TD if he had crappy receivers? What if he had no OL and a bad running game? Would he still put up amazing stats? The fact of the matter is that Brady was the biggest part of the Pats winning two of the three Super Bowl, and a very large part of the last one. Does Vinatieri get to attempt those FG if Brady doesn't lead the team down the field? Teams have just as much importance on the stats a QB puts up as they do the games they win. While Brady comes to play in the big games, Manning comes to throw INT.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:17 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ben Roethlisberger. Not only is he becoming a great QB but he can also tackle.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:18 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
First of all; it's PEyton Manning.

Second of all; it's obviously Tom Brady, it just cannot be anybody else.
why is it obviously brady?
Old 07-30-2006, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is not only a terrific QB, he's by far the most clutch.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:26 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Because he's lead two game winning drives in the Super Bowl.
Peyton Manning has never been put in a position like that so you cant say that puts brady ahead of manning. peyton manning did the same thing against the steelers in the playoffs except he had Mike Vanderjagt and not Adam Vinatieri
Old 07-30-2006, 04:26 PM    (permalink

Quote:
what makes you say peyton manning isnt clutch?
Old 07-30-2006, 05:01 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
CHOKE

Brady by a mile

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:04 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan
Quote:
Quote:
CHOKE

Brady by a mile
please tell me when he choked.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:28 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

im trying really hard to be not a homer here(with the listed qb's i dont think i would vote for favre, but still), but why isnt favre there? and drew and jake are? maybe drew is better then i think he is, same for jake, but i would take favre over them two in a heart beat. maybe he doesnt apply to this or i am not getting something here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:29 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit
im trying really hard to be not a homer here(with the listed qb's i dont think i would vote for favre, but still), but why isnt favre there? and drew and jake are? maybe drew is better then i think he is, same for jake, but i would take favre over them two in a heart beat. maybe he doesnt apply to this or i am not getting something here?
cuz favre had a terrible year last year.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:35 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brett this year and last didnt show too me he was still a massive influence on the field and i would want all the prior too lead my team before him at this current time
Old 07-30-2006, 05:37 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

alright thanks for clearing that up, i thought this was some kind of all-time-this-generation of qb's. like no matter how old they are now, but like how good they were throughout their time in the league. if that makes sense

i voted for brady anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:39 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Quote:
alright thanks for clearing that up, i thought this was some kind of all-time-this-generation of qb's. like no matter how old they are now, but like how good they were throughout their time in the league. if that makes sense

i voted for brady anyway
if im around then ill do this next year, as a season can change alot
Old 07-30-2006, 05:58 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

should i run the poll for a day? or 2 days?
Old 07-30-2006, 05:59 PM    (permalink

Quote:
if its close 2 days, if its a blowout after one day then stop it.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:13 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
if its close 2 days, if its a blowout after one day then stop it.
i was thinking that
Old 07-30-2006, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Tom Brady...All he needs to do is put up his hand with 3 SB Rings and that's my answer.

Peyton Manning is the best All-Around QB in the NFL, but until he wins a "big game," I'm going with Brady.

I hope Peyton isn't the next Marino, great QB that doesn't get a SB.

agreed, I think Brady would put up great # also with Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne.

I would hope Peyton could win a ring
Old 07-30-2006, 07:35 PM    (permalink
littlewebs
Rookie

Location: The Pacific Northwest - Where great athletes go to be overshadowed by lesser east coast athletes
littlewebs hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Just so you know...polls don't work. You're gonna see an unusual amount of votes for Drew Bledsoe....just a hunch.
hmm zero so far. Perhaps everyone's Cowboy homer conspiracies are just a bit off...
Old 07-30-2006, 07:36 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewebs
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Just so you know...polls don't work. You're gonna see an unusual amount of votes for Drew Bledsoe....just a hunch.
hmm zero so far. Perhaps everyone's Cowboy homer conspiracies are just a bit off...
or they cant bring themselves too be that homerish
Old 07-30-2006, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Tom Brady

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote