Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Brunell...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAVzF9h9K2g

Last edited by Acreboy : 06-07-2007 at 07:27 PM.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I'd take Manuel over Roman any day.
Manuel has been horrific....

Roman played a solid year for us....nothing special....he got beat at times....but he played solid. Mike Nolan gave him a 3 year extension....and Nolan is a great evaluator of defensive talent.

Oh and for the record...I think the niners are too high on the list for sure.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:22 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acreboy View Post
The Roy video was a joke, just a reply to the redskin fan (next year maybe I could show a video of Roy picking off Campbell :P ).
The point is that when Roy hasn't great coverage responsabilities, so when he plays alongside a good FS, he's a very effective player, not only defending the run.
Infact, when Woody was still playing, Roy was making play after play and had a great success, he hasn't been the same since Woody retired.
And last year, when the season started and Watkins was playing good, Roy was having a very good season. The game against the Eagles, in which our secondary was torched, Parcells came out saying that all the big plays were because one player, and this player was Watkins.
After that game the problem at FS started and Roy was asked to play the cover 2 and way off the line, and his performances wen downhill (but he still had some good games). If you don't believe that just watch the films of these games.

So, I'm not saying the Cowboys' duo is the best in the NFC, I'm saying they have as many question marks as every other team, and that their success depends on how Hamlin plays, because Roy has shown multiple times in his career that he's a great player when he plays with a good FS. Too bad he didn't have one since Woodson. This is the list of the Cowboys starting FS from 2003: Tony Dixon, Lynn Scott, Keith Davis, Patrick Watkins.
That's why we Cowboys fans are putting our hopes on Hamlin.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:35 AM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Duos, at least. Which is why I'd have:

1. Washington Redskins

Drafting a stud SS like Laron Landry, who will go to multiple Pro Bowls imo, is noteworthy in itself. But the acquisition of Landry in addition to the team ending its failed attempt at hybrid safeties, allowing each safety to focus on their specific roles only, allows Sean Taylor to not have to playing in the box so much (making up for a porous defensive line) and be able to work solely as the ballhawk free safety he can be. I normally don't go for what I see on paper, but I really think this duo will be the class of the NFC sooner rather than later and could hang with the best of the AFC.

2. Chicago Bears

The addition of Adam Archuleta was a great one and should get more pub, I think, he's displayed he could play well at SS for Lovie Smith in St. Louis and this Bears defense is a better unit by leaps and bounds. Reports are that Mike Brown has fully recovered and is ready to man the FS position, and even if he doesn't, I wouldn't overlook that Daniael Manning has an all-important year of experience under his belt at the position.
No way, Mike Brown is injury prone(Over 30 missed games the last 3 years) and Archuleta just sucks.