Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2007, 05:42 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianSmith View Post
I always use ! points. idk why and In football.

Also back2 the draft which of these trades do u like better:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...=13~13~2 2~22

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...378&teams=9~22
No one wants Dmiles.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:35 AM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
No one wants Dmiles.
Some portland writer said he receives emails from readers saying they see D-Miles at the Baskin Robbins after midnight multiple times. THAT"S THE GOOD OLD PORTLAND EFFORT!!
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dmiles is apparently so fat and out of shape now it's embarrassing.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Dmiles is apparently so fat and out of shape now it's embarrassing.
poor d-miles. he's a shell of himself at what? age 24?
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Wizards Draft Plans, will do other teams:

1st Round:

Plan A:
1. Derrick Byars
2. Nick Young
3. Javaris Crittenton
4. Morris Almond
In this situation in which we go G/F Derrick Byars is not only the most realistic pick but also makes the most sense in all fits. Being a 4 year starter as well as playing at UVA so he has fans here, but he IMO is the most NBA ready player in the entire draft. It was evident last year that the Wizards lacked depth in the guard and SF spots, but much rest is needed, because I never want to see Jarvis Hayes step on the court again. If Deshawn does not return next year Byars could be an immediate starter, but even if Deshawn returns we saw in the playoffs that he is likely better suited for a bench role getting lots of minutes because of defense, regardless if both were on the roster they would be fighting for the starting job. Being NBA ready is something the Wiz desperately need as they have so many project players and failed "potential" picks that it would just be nice to get a guy you know will perform. Byars can play the 2 and 3 as well as some spot up point. More importantly he brings size, strength, and defense and has an impressive array of offensive moves both inside and out. He would be a home run pick IMO. Nick Young is a very interesting option and he most likely will not be there, but if he is we could really use his athleticism and versatility. Crittenton is a big point who at 6-5 would enable Gil to play the 2. Almond is a sharp shooter who could actually hit the open shot from outside something no one on the Wiz can do other than Roger Mason Jr., lol.

Plan B:
1) Jason Smith
2) Tiago Splitter
3) Mark Gasol
4) Sean Williams
First off it pains me to know that the Wiz are probably considering McRoberts here, but I have faith that we aren't that stupid. Jason Smith is a guy who I like a little but not a whole lot, but based on the coaches reactions I think they really are in to him. He is very tall at 7-0" and he can really score and rebound a bit. He is tall and athletic and has a nice outside shot but IMO he isn't better than Pecherov. Pecherov as the same skills but is much tougher, and skilled in the paint. My problem with Smith is his lack of build/bulk and his lack of low post ability. He seems like a very probable pick here. Splitter is a guy who I am not a big fan of and I see him as overrated. But he will be strongly considered here because he is tough inside, but will we go another foreigner I wouldn't want to but it is possible. Gasol is a big guy who isn't very talented but would provide us with toughness and back line support. Sean Williams obviously people would think this is too high but he is a lottery talent if he can get it together. He is a tremendous shot blocker and has a lot of potential in other areas of the game. For a team looking for defense don't be too surprised to see this pick, and depending on who is there I wouldn't be mad at it.
2nd Round:

Plan A:
1) Coleman Collins
2) Jared Dudley
3) Stephane Lasme
4) Jarmereo Davidson
Coleman Collins is a guy who's stock has risen so much from the Orlando Pre draft camp that I think he is almost guaranteed to be drafted. He is one of the highest character players I have ever seen and is built like an ox. He is a great hustle guy and team player he will surely find his niche in the NBA. Dudley is a guy stuck between positions like his teammate Craig Smith, but reagardless of measureables he is just one of those guys who you know will get the job done. Lasme is super athletic and I wouldn't mind seeing him run the floor with Gil. Davidson is another super athletic player with great size and length but actually has a nice skill set to him, I think he might go higher than expected.

Plan B:
1) Zabian Dowdell
2) Sean Singletary
3) Jamon Gordon
4) DJ Strawberry
I'm feeling some local flavor here. Dowdell is a kid through Portsmouth, the Orlando camp, and personal workouts who has risen himself into late round 1-early-mid round 2. He is an extremely and freakishly long PG who's arms really disrupt the passing lanes. He can shoot and finish as well as dish them out, there are questions on his point guard abilities but he looks good as a backup PG. His defense is tremendous which will get him playing time. He also has been in the weight room since the end of the season showing his dedication and as a scout described him in Orlando, he has the upper body of a defensive back. Singletary is a super quick and ultra scoring guard, who while he wouldn't complement Gilbert well, he would be nice spelling Gil some time, and he is a tough nosed kid although undersized and lacking point guard skills. Jamon Gordon reigning ACC defensive player of the year, is a guy who I can just see as a Wizard because of his defense. He is a top notch defender amazing in man defense and an elite pick pocketer. He is long, athletic, can drive and hit the mid range and I like lefty's. Problem is he is only 6-2" and doesn't really have point guard skills. Whether or not he is more than just an overseas player is yet to be seen. Strawberry is a guy who I'd love to have, and compare to a Larry Hughes. He is a master thief, but also can drive, his mid range and outside shooting though leaves a lot to be desired although improved much last year.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Wizards Draft Plans, will do other teams:
You work in the Front Office or something?
Old 06-08-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Word out of Chi-Town is that Paxon really, really wants Yi Jianlin. Problem is so does Phoenix, Golden State, and another unmentioned team.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Word out of Chi-Town is that Paxon really, really wants Yi Jianlin. Problem is so does Phoenix, Golden State, and another unmentioned team.
All of them would need to trade up to #3 to absolutely secure it. If Phoenix gives us one their late first rounders, our 08 first rounder back, and Barbosa I'll take.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You think PHX is going to give up Barbosa? Haha. Good one!
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
You think PHX is going to give up Barbosa? Haha. Good one!
They were thinking of giving up more than that. Talking about Amare and Marion.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

whens the draft?
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
They were thinking of giving up more than that. Talking about Amare and Marion.
For the THIRD pick?

... Yeah, not buying that at all. Link?
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 06-08-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
whens the draft?
it would be on June 28th
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Marion is believable but the Hawks have no need for Marion. Jsmoove and Marvin are the same type of player, Amare in reality is being talked about in trades, they are atleast entertaining offers. For Amare I'd give 3, 11, and Marvin Williams.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Marion is believable but the Hawks have no need for Marion. Jsmoove and Marvin are the same type of player, Amare in reality is being talked about in trades, they are atleast entertaining offers. For Amare I'd give 3, 11, and Marvin Williams.
I would rather use those resources to get Durant if I was the Suns.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

From Article by my man Sekou Smith, out there but I love if any of them happened:
Quote:
SCENARIO NO. 1: Trade Marvin Williams and Anthony Johnson to Seattle for Luke Ridnour and Chris Wilcox, and then take Florida forward Al Horford with the third pick and Washington center Spencer Hawes with the No. 11 pick.

•MAKES SENSE FOR HAWKS: Wilcox and Ridnour shore up two problem areas for the Hawks with veterans rather than rookies. Since the Hawks keep their draft picks, they can now be used on the best talent available as opposed to filling specific position needs.

•SCENARIO NO. 2: Trade Shelden Williams and Tyronn Lue to Denver for Marcus Camby, and take Horford with the third pick and Georgia Tech point guard Javaris Crittenton with the No. 11 pick.

•MAKES SENSE FOR HAWKS: Camby, the league's reigning Defensive Player of the Year and shot-blocking champ, would team with Josh Smith to help close down those lanes to the basket that opposing teams have used to torture the Hawks.

• SCENARIO NO. 3: Trade the No. 3 and No. 11 picks and Shelden Williams to Memphis for Pau Gasol.

• MAKES SENSE FOR HAWKS: Had the Hawks added Gasol at the February trade deadline, they might have ended their playoff drought before it ballooned to a league-high eight years. He's the ideal inside force to be paired with the outside threat of All-Star Joe Johnson.

• SCENARIO NO. 4: Trade No. 3 and No. 11 picks along with Josh Childress, Anthony Johnson, Shelden Williams and Lorenzen Wright to Minnesota for Kevin Garnett.

• MAKES SENSE FOR HAWKS: This is admittedly a pipe dream, as Garnett refuses to demand that the Timberwolves trade him. But paired with Joe Johnson and Josh Smith, Garnett would make the Hawks an instant playoff factor in the East.

• SCENARIO NO. 5: Trade the No. 3 and No. 11 picks and Josh Childress to Phoenix for Amare Stoudemire.

• MAKES SENSE FOR HAWKS: If the Suns are trying to get rid of a big contract to avoid the luxury tax and they're crazy enough to move Stoudemire (the first-team All-NBA center), both major ifs, this deal is a no-brainer for the Hawks, who will have handed over four picks to the Suns in a three-draft span.
Big thing Phoenix wants to move Amare or Marion because to avoid the luxury tax. It's still a huge long shot either is traded but any NBA GM will tell you that the general feeling is that the Suns are atleast hearing offer for them.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
From Article by my man Sekou Smith, out there but I love if any of them happened:

Big thing Phoenix wants to move Amare or Marion because to avoid the luxury tax. It's still a huge long shot either is traded but any NBA GM will tell you that the general feeling is that the Suns are atleast hearing offer for them.
Trade #4 is moronic. KG isn't even worth that.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lue/Shelden Williams for Camby? Is that a joke?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Lue/Shelden Williams for Camby? Is that a joke?
He isn't that hard to get. He is 33 years old and was his first year healthy in forever but still missed 12 games. Also the Nuggets are clearing way for the youngsters Nene and the comeback of Kmart. Most importantly is they are trying to lower the payroll. A real life trade that is in heavy discussions is Camby for Kwame Brown because Kwame only has 1 more year left on a 9 mil contract.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

I think out of all those possibilities, scenario one is the most realistic.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He isn't that hard to get. He is 33 years old and was his first year healthy in forever but still missed 12 games. Also the Nuggets are clearing way for the youngsters Nene and the comeback of Kmart. Most importantly is they are trying to lower the payroll. A real life trade that is in heavy discussions is Camby for Kwame Brown because Kwame only has 1 more year left on a 9 mil contract.
The Nuggets GM should be shot if he trades Camby (DPOY) for Lue or Shelden. That is a flat out ridiculous trade Ghetto and you need to admit that. Camby while older still has good years left in him, and even a mediocre Camby is better than friggin' Lue or Williams.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Shelden Williams was a top 5 pick last year and for those who didn't see Hawks games was much better than expected, Granted I still hate him and the pick, but he isn't called the landlord for nothing. But I really do expect him to be a career 12+10+2 bpg guy.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Shelden Williams was a top 5 pick last year and for those who didn't see Hawks games was much better than expected, Granted I still hate him and the pick, but he isn't called the landlord for nothing. But I really do expect him to be a career 12+10+2 bpg guy.
Teams who trade based on potential get themselves in trouble. Throw in like Childress or someone like that then ok.

Shelden looked horrid every game I watched with him this season. He was slow, he got overpowered, and he got beat a bunch. That and he has the lift of my grandma. You may like him as a prospect but I don't. His upside is that of a decent big man, and if I'm Denver I don't trade that for one of the best defensive big men in the game.

Quote:
Old 06-08-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Nuggets really just don't expect much from K-Mart at this point, so I doubt they'd be clearing the way for him. I know they want to get rid of Camby and clear some payroll, but that trade just sucks.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Wilcox is my homeboy
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote