Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-01-2006, 05:15 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i didn't see the Jags winning the superbowl either.
Wow, what a lame comeback. What the heck does that have to do with the overrating of some Packers players? LOL, think of something more intelligent before pressing the "Submit" button.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 06:14 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen
Quote:
i didn't see the Jags winning the superbowl either.
Wow, what a lame comeback. What the heck does that have to do with the overrating of some Packers players? LOL, think of something more intelligent before pressing the "Submit" button.
probably, but whatever i dont really care the rest of it was the point i was trying to make.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 06:31 PM    (permalink
jpapa4490
Rookie

jpapa4490 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Top 10
jpapa4490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 06:49 PM    (permalink

According to packers fans Brett Favre is the most underrated QB ever....
Old 08-01-2006, 07:05 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:18 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway

did you change the first two options P-L?
Maybe... 8)
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:33 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thomas
Lewis
Wilson
Urlacher
Davis
Morgan
Trotter
Peterson
Fletcher
Bruschi
Vilma
Edwards
Quarles
Bulluck (if he was a MLB)
Brooking (when he is moved inside with Atlanta)

Id rather have them before Barnett

No offense
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:36 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

I said top-12.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:13 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWICGB
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
id say top 10 i have him as one of my most underrated players.
Packers fans would agree with you. He's up there with Donald Driver, Al Harris, Nick Collins, Aaron KampmanSamkon Gado, and Chad Clifton at being the most underrated at their respective positions.

If everybody's so underrated on the Packers, then why aren't they good? Oh yeah. Packers fans are homers.

And Brett Favre is still a top quarterback, right?
Bold ARE underrated

Samkon is overrated, and Clifton gets his due
Kampman was underated untill he got a 12 million dollar signing bonus this offseason (which is more than Edgerin James got by the way).

Donald Driver gets the respect he's due.

Harris might still be underated, but I find that hard to believe anymore considering how much Packers fans hype him up. He was leading the votes for the best corner in the NFC North.
I would have responded earlier, but I'm at work and can only go on while on breaks.

Driver gets the respect he's due now. But a couple of years ago he was underrated.

Kampman I still believe that he is underrated around the league. I never hear many people talk about him that aren't within the organization. And that huge bonus came from the organization so it doesn't really have any affect on whether he is underrated or not
Old 08-01-2006, 09:15 PM    (permalink

Quote:
According to who?.... come on, if your going to say something, try not to say something that lowers the inteligence of the forum
Old 08-01-2006, 09:20 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
According to who?.... come on, if your going to say something, try not to say something that lowers the inteligence of the forum

Maybe it just lowerd your intelligence

If you're going to try and down someone maybe you should learn how to spell and how to use correct grammer.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And what does your special NFLDC title say?

But anyways, I think being around the 10-12th range is about right for Barnett but I think if he was switched to OLB he could do more for the Pack.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:24 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler
Quote:
And what does your special NFLDC title say?

But anyways, I think being around the 10-12th range is about right for Barnett but I think if he was switched to OLB he could do more for the Pack.
If you ever want to know the real reason it says that just ask
Old 08-01-2006, 11:12 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top 10.

The Chief.
Eric Church - Smoke A Little Smoke
http://youtu.be/XxWjtWONuGc
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:16 PM    (permalink

Quote:
No, according to Packer fans he is the best. Which shows homeristic some of them can be.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:36 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
Quote:
No, according to Packer fans he is the best. Which shows homeristic some of them can be.
I haven't seen anyone in a while say that Favre was the best in the game today. As far as of all-time, a case can be made for him. I do not personally believe that he is, but he does have great numbers and a super bowl victory to his credit. Not homeristic at all.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:38 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe it just lowerd your intelligence

If you're going to try and down someone maybe you should learn how to spell and how to use correct grammer.
Whoopty-doo, I was rushed because I was on break so I didnt get to look it over before I submitted it.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:42 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I haven't seen anyone in a while say that Favre was the best in the game today. As far as of all-time, a case can be made for him. I do not personally believe that he is, but he does have great numbers and a super bowl victory to his credit. Not homeristic at all.

Sure as case can be made but he isnt #1 to most people and when the responses are...

Quote:
FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE
Quote:
Sorry, but its gotta be Favre
Quote:
FAVRE = GOD

I think it was PackmaN, Titletown088 and Pack_Attack that said that. But im not sure.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:51 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for ILB i'd probably say top 15. he's not anywhere close to the top 3 or top 5 some people voted. u could make arguement for top 10 but thats as far as u could go IMO. i feel comfortable with top 15. i've said my piece on him in the past, but we'll see what he does this year coming up with more talent around him

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 11:54 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sure as case can be made but he isnt #1 to most people and when the responses are...

Quote:
FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE
Quote:
Quote:
FAVRE = GOD

I think it was PackmaN, Titletown088 and Pack_Attack that said that. But im not sure.
1. Favre does = GOD.... Look at his consecutive starts. Hes industructible, thus he must be god.... so don't worry about it.

2. You don't mention in what context these were used in.

3. He has career numbers that may be looked at better than Marino. He has a ring, not as many as Joe Montana, but look at the rosters of the Packers vs the 49ers. Hell Joe Montana had the greatest WR of all time on his team. Who did Favre have? Sterling Sharpe for a couple of years, Robert Brooks, and Antonio Freeman. He also had Andre Rison and Don Beebe but that was in the twilight of their careers. They were 3rd and 4th WRs when they were with the Pack

Like I said, a case can be made for Favre as the best QB of all-time. So saying that he is, is not homerism. Homerism is saying that Tice was a great coach. I think we can both see the difference.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:05 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE
Quote:
Quote:
FAVRE = GOD

1. Favre does = GOD.... Look at his consecutive starts. Hes industructible, thus he must be god.... so don't worry about it.

3. He has career numbers that may be looked at better than Marino. He has a ring, not as many as Joe Montana, but look at the rosters of the Packers vs the 49ers. Hell Joe Montana had the greatest WR of all time on his team. Who did Favre have? Sterling Sharpe for a couple of years, Robert Brooks, and Antonio Freeman. He also had Andre Rison and Don Beebe but that was in the twilight of their careers. They were 3rd and 4th WRs when they were with the Pack

Like I said, a case can be made for Favre as the best QB of all-time. So saying that he is, is not homerism. Homerism is saying that Tice was a great coach. I think we can both see the difference.
1) Ok then

2) A Best QB of all time thread

3) Well since this is opinon it really cant be right or wrong but when just as it can be looked on as possible it is looked on as homerism by most, if not all, Packer Fans.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:08 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE
Quote:
Quote:
FAVRE = GOD

It's people OPINIONS get over it, holy ****

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:11 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE
Quote:
Quote:
FAVRE = GOD

It's people OPINIONS get over it, holy ***********
Chester Taylor is the best RB ever.

See? That could be my opinon, it isnt, but if I were to seriously post that it would be torn to shreds and I would be accused of being ignorant and a homer. Just becuase a small sect of Packer Fans think that Favre is the best ever doesnt mean its not being a homer to think so.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:11 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE
Quote:
Quote:
FAVRE = GOD

It's people OPINIONS get over it, holy ***********
Chester Taylor is the best RB ever.

See? That could be my opinon, it isnt, but if I were to seriously post that it would be torn to shreds and I would be accused of being ignorant and a homer. Just becuase a small sect of Packer Fans think that Favre is the best ever doesnt mean its not being a homer to think so.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:15 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE
Quote:
Quote:
FAVRE = GOD

1) Ok then

2) A Best QB of all time thread

3) Well since this is opinon it really cant be right or wrong but when just as it can be looked on as possible it is looked on as homerism by most, if not all, Packer Fans.
So basically what your saying is that one of the best QBs of all-time should never even be mentioned in a best qb of all time discussion? Hmm... makes a lot of sense. I guess it would be homerism for you to say that Alan Paige was the greatest DT of all time too then right? Or is there possibly a bit of a double standard cause our teams are division rivals and their is a jealousy/hatred going both ways