Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: champ or deion
champ 49 33.11%
deion 99 66.89%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
This is a no contest type thing, unless you think Champ is a Hall of Famer? Deion changed the game when he was in, not just on defense but special teams, has the rings, the DPOY accolade and was a dominating player in his era.
Champ will be a hall of famer, but I still think it is no contest.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Ronde Barber?
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:55 AM    (permalink
VYTitans

Alright so I may be ignorant but I have been reading alot of people saying that Bailey's name doesn't belong near Deion's but all of you are christening Calvin Johnson as the next Jerry Rice and maybe even better than Jerry rice, but in reality CJ shouldn't mentioned in the same day as Jerry Rice. And Bailey really is an amazing player he plays against some of the toughest recievers out there. Also we can't include Special Teams or Offense, because this conversation is about the best Cornerback which means defense which yes, it includes tackling, so my vote is for Bailey.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VYTitans View Post
Alright so I may be ignorant but I have been reading alot of people saying that Bailey's name doesn't belong near Deion's but all of you are christening Calvin Johnson as the next Jerry Rice and maybe even better than Jerry rice, but in reality CJ shouldn't mentioned in the same day as Jerry Rice. And Bailey really is an amazing player he plays against some of the toughest recievers out there. Also we can't include Special Teams or Offense, because this conversation is about the best Cornerback which means defense which yes, it includes tackling, so my vote is for Bailey.
No knowledgeable person has said anything about Calvin Johnson being the next Jerry Rice. Just like no knowledgeable person would say that Bailey is better than Deion at this time.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:35 AM    (permalink
dre1614
Rookie

dre1614 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Here is a interesting stat.

Champ already has more tackles than Deion, and has been in the league 6 less years but...............

Only has 3 FF

Deion has 10!!! his first 8 seasons he had 8.

anyways

IMO i don't see how this is comparable. Deion is better then Champ in every single category except tackling.

Ball Skills - Deion
Speed - Deion
Hands - Deion
Acceleration - Deion
Return Skills - Deion

I mean its not even comparable IMO

Deion is winning this poll 2 to 1 but should be winning it by at least 4 to 1 or more.

I would like to see the ages who voted. I bet the majority who have voted for Champ has never watched Deion's whole career.
dre1614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant believe champ got so many votes....we are talking about deion sanders right? just look at his contribution on special teams that he made, both were excellent cover corners but champ has gotten beat FAR more then deion ever did....

and its not like their werent dominant WR's during those years either...id give the edge to champ in tackling, but thats it, deion wins out in every other aspect of corner, and i cant really ever remember teams challenging him and throwing to his side until he turned into a nickel corner, for some time teams were going after champ, CJ worked him more then a few times in man to man coverage, not really a knock because CJ is arguably a top 5 WR, but champ bailey is not deion sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Champ b/c he can cover, and tackle