Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-02-2006, 01:16 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWICGB
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
According to packers fans Brett Favre is the most underrated QB ever....
No, according to Packer fans he is the best. Which shows homeristic some of them can be.
I haven't seen anyone in a while say that Favre was the best in the game today. As far as of all-time, a case can be made for him. I do not personally believe that he is, but he does have great numbers and a super bowl victory to his credit. Not homeristic at all.

Sure as case can be made but he isnt #1 to most people and when the responses are...

Quote:
FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE
Quote:
Sorry, but its gotta be Favre
Quote:
FAVRE = GOD

I think it was PackmaN, Titletown088 and Pack_Attack that said that. But im not sure.
It's people OPINIONS get over it, holy ***********
Chester Taylor is the best RB ever.

See? That could be my opinon, it isnt, but if I were to seriously post that it would be torn to shreds and I would be accused of being ignorant and a homer. Just becuase a small sect of Packer Fans think that Favre is the best ever doesnt mean its not being a homer to think so.
R U sure?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:17 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No, according to Packer fans he is the best. Which shows homeristic some of them can be.
I haven't seen anyone in a while say that Favre was the best in the game today. As far as of all-time, a case can be made for him. I do not personally believe that he is, but he does have great numbers and a super bowl victory to his credit. Not homeristic at all.

Sure as case can be made but he isnt #1 to most people and when the responses are...

Quote:
FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE
Quote:
Quote:
FAVRE = GOD

I think it was PackmaN, Titletown088 and Pack_Attack that said that. But im not sure.

See? That could be my opinon, it isnt, but if I were to seriously post that it would be torn to shreds and I would be accused of being ignorant and a homer. Just becuase a small sect of Packer Fans think that Favre is the best ever doesnt mean its not being a homer to think so.
Wow, not only did you double post a useless thread, but did you seriously compare Chester Taylor to Brett Favre?
Old 08-02-2006, 01:17 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top 12.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:20 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE
Quote:
Quote:
FAVRE = GOD

R U sure?
Ummm yes.

Quote:

Wow, not only did you double post a useless thread, but did you seriously compare Chester Taylor to Brett Favre?
Poor comparison yes, but the premise stands: Just because a couple (3) people (Packer Fans) think that Favre is 'god' and the best ever, doesnt mean that it isnt homeristic to think so. Homerism is deviating from the general view of a player and touting him as better then he is.

and yes I did double post but did you notice that it maybe was a mistake? :roll:
Old 08-02-2006, 01:34 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Poor comparison yes, but the premise stands: Just because a couple (3) people (Packer Fans) think that Favre is 'god' and the best ever, doesnt mean that it isnt homeristic to think so. Homerism is deviating from the general view of a player and touting him as better then he is.

and yes I did double post but did you notice that it maybe was a mistake? :roll:[/quote]

1. 4 people (You forgot John Madden)
2. Favre=God, I said don't worry about it. But you didn't. Now I'm going to have to spend time typing a few reasons why Favre=God. Favre is a machine and has played through excruciating physical and mental pain. Not only that, but he has thrived (look at the Oakland game). Favre also brought the Vince Lombardi Trophy back home where it belongs for the first time in nearly 30 years. With Favre at the helm, the Pack is nearly never out of a game. 12 points last year was the difference between 4-12 and 9-7. When Favre=God is used, it is true because that is how much respect the Packer nation has for the guy. 9 times out of 10 when you would seriously ask the fans, they would say no, favre does not litterally =GOD. So like I said before, just leave it alone and don't worry about it.
3. I haven't double posted yet in the forum, so there
4. It is not homeristic to bring his name up in the greatest qb of all time. Is it homeristic to bring Emmitt Smith's name up in the greatest rb of all time discussion? No, even though in the "general view" of most people, he isn't even in the top 3, some may say not even in the top 5.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:35 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE
Quote:
Quote:
FAVRE = GOD

R U sure?
Ummm yes.

Quote:

and yes I did double post but did you notice that it maybe was a mistake? :roll:
ok this is your opinion but could you please elaborate as to why including Favre as the best QB is COMPLETELY outlandish and "homerism".IMO there are 4 or 5 QB's that are too close to call as to who is the "best" ever. after all i did make a thread explaing this asking for people top 3 QBs of all time, but yes your right i always unquestoinable claim that favre is the absolute best....

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 08-02-2006, 01:38 AM    (permalink

Quote:
ok this is your opinion but could you please elaborate as to why including Favre as the best QB is COMPLETELY outlandish and "homerism".IMO there are 4 or 5 QB's that are too close to call as to who is the "best" ever. after all i did make a thread explaing this asking for people top 3 QBs of all time, but yes your right i always unquestoinable claim that favre is the absolute best....
And until Favre retires he will be the absolute best. And after that, Rodgers will be the absolute best
Old 08-02-2006, 01:40 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
And until Favre retires he will be the absolute best. And after that, Rodgers will be the absolute best
that's right.... :D

they get smoked.

Old 08-02-2006, 01:43 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
that's right.... :D
Why doesn't everybody else see it the correct way, our way? Conversations would go so much more smoother
Old 08-02-2006, 01:47 AM    (permalink

Quote:
2. Favre=God, I said don't worry about it. But you didn't. Now I'm going to have to spend time typing a few reasons why Favre=God. Favre is a machine and has played through excruciating physical and mental pain. Not only that, but he has thrived (look at the Oakland game). Favre also brought the Vince Lombardi Trophy back home where it belongs for the first time in nearly 30 years. With Favre at the helm, the Pack is nearly never out of a game. 12 points last year was the difference between 4-12 and 9-7. When Favre=God is used, it is true because that is how much respect the Packer nation has for the guy. 9 times out of 10 when you would seriously ask the fans, they would say no, favre does not litterally =GOD. So like I said before, just leave it alone and don't worry about it.
4. It is not homeristic to bring his name up in the greatest qb of all time. Is it homeristic to bring Emmitt Smith's name up in the greatest rb of all time discussion? No, even though in the "general view" of most people, he isn't even in the top 3, some may say not even in the top 5.
1) Madden is just insane, not just for Favre
2) Its not as if Favre doesnt/didnt have help... But yes, I do respect the guy but when only Packer Fans say he is the best (expection: Madden) then you have to be suspicous, it also helps if you are a NFC North non-Packer fan
3) I have double posted I think 2 times ever in NFLDC and its because I get angry because my computer is slow and I click submit many times
4) By my definition it is homerism but thats just me (a Vikings Fan)

Quote:
I never said it was outlandish but I do think that it is homeristic. The top 5 QBs are hard to rank but it comes down to:

Unitas
Montana
Elway
Staubach

for the Top 3 honors.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:55 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
2) Its not as if Favre doesnt/didnt have help... But yes, I do respect the guy but when only Packer Fans say he is the best (expection: Madden) then you have to be suspicous, it also helps if you are a NFC North non-Packer fan
3) I have double posted I think 2 times ever in NFLDC and its because I get angry because my computer is slow and I click submit many times

Quote:
I never said it was outlandish but I do think that it is homeristic. The top 5 QBs are hard to rank but it comes down to:

Unitas
Montana
Elway
Staubach

for the Top 3 honors.
If Elway is in the conversation, I think Favre is in the conversation. I believe that they are very close on the greatness scale. The only thing that I think would tip the scale would be Elway beat Favre in the SB

Staubach I am not a fan of for this conversation. I believe Marino deserves mention before him, but these are just my opinions. And there is no doubt all 4 were great QBs
Old 08-02-2006, 02:05 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who gives a monkey's nipple?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:22 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Who gives a monkey's nipple?
You are right, this is not a favre thread.

they get smoked.

Old 08-02-2006, 02:36 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Unitas
Montana
Elway
Staubach

for the Top 3 honors.
I firmly believe the top 3 are Unitas, Montana, and Otto Graham. After that it doesn't even really come close. Or matter.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:43 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

top what? top LB? Top MLB? Top defender?
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 02:57 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere
top what? top LB? Top MLB? Top defender?
ILB
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:49 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
Quote:
I don't think Hodges skills are suited for anything but MIKE. Hawk should be the WILL, Barnett should be the SAM, and Hodge should be the MIKE. When they go to nickle defense they can keep Barnett and Hawk out there.
i want barnett in the middle like in my sig
Barnett had great numbers at his combine, particularly his 32 reps on the bench press. Even though he's a bit light, with his strength he could and should be the on the strong-side. With the Jim Bates defense, LBs are listed as ILB and OLB, as they're pretty interchangeable. Hawk and Barnett on the outside a great pairing, tossing in Hodge in the middle. Those three guys would offer a lot of flexibility and options for the defense.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:29 AM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
Quote:
I don't think Hodges skills are suited for anything but MIKE. Hawk should be the WILL, Barnett should be the SAM, and Hodge should be the MIKE. When they go to nickle defense they can keep Barnett and Hawk out there.
Barnett had great numbers at his combine, particularly his 32 reps on the bench press. Even though he's a bit light, with his strength he could and should be the on the strong-side. With the Jim Bates defense, LBs are listed as ILB and OLB, as they're pretty interchangeable. Hawk and Barnett on the outside a great pairing, tossing in Hodge in the middle. Those three guys would offer a lot of flexibility and options for the defense.
:shock: -- I might need a link on that one. 32 is better than most linemen.

I question Hodge's lower body strength, and I'd only want him starting if he is indeed the 3rd best LB on the team. But I do agree Barnett's talents fit the mold of a SSLB.

EDIT - I found a link. That is insane.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:24 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Unitas
Montana
Elway
Staubach

for the Top 3 honors.

Please pretty please explain to me how Roger Staubach is better than Dan Marino or Steve Young. You have just been drinkin the texico kool aid
Old 08-02-2006, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Unitas
Montana
Elway
Staubach

for the Top 3 honors.

Please pretty please explain to me how Roger Staubach is better than Dan Marino or Steve Young. You have just been drinkin the texico kool aid
Because he won more than Marino or Young. He went to more Super Bowls than either. He won more super bowls than either. He dominated the game. No one could stop him, and he had an uncanny ability to come back late in the game. He was the best, and the sooner you get over that, the better.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:40 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Unitas
Montana
Elway
Staubach

for the Top 3 honors.

Its close, but the overall point I was making is that Favre isnt Top 5 to me.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:53 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804
Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
Quote:
:shock: -- I might need a link on that one. 32 is better than most linemen.

I question Hodge's lower body strength, and I'd only want him starting if he is indeed the 3rd best LB on the team. But I do agree Barnett's talents fit the mold of a SSLB.

EDIT - I found a link. That is insane.
In my siggie link I posted his combine results to compare with AJ Hawk's in my pre-TC roster review. Mario Williams had 35 BP, and I think Kudla had 44 to lead the way.

On the QB note, when you are talking Best Ever, it is your opinion. If you want to say Most Wins ever, that's Elway. Most TDs ever, that's Marino. Most Championships, that's Graham. Most SB's, you have Montana and Bradshaw. Most uninterrupted starts, that's Favre. When you start talking about the Best, all those guys are or will be Hall of Famers. There's a difference in the league, free agency, league mergers, draft rounds, games played, teams in the league, turnovers made by that QB's defense, the defense, quality of WRs, RBs, O-Line and all sorts of other factors that make it very difficult to quantify BEST.

Favre is top-five in a good number of statistical categories. His string of starts is his most impressive trait to me, given the average length career of a pro-QB. Somewhere around 200 other QBs have started for other teams since he's been in GB, with 20 or so starting QBs just for the Bears in his tenure. He's also my favorite QB and I've enjoyed watching him for the past 15 or so years.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:02 PM    (permalink

that crazy how they can edit you topic "i am a very big homer"
Old 08-04-2006, 11:11 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4
Quote:
nice sig
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote