Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-10-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

I'm going to go league-wide "under the radar" moves because I think some of the best moves (Adalius Thomas to NE, Clements to SF, etc.) have been discussed to death.

BEST:

Travis Henry to the Broncos-- nobody really talks about this one, but it's a BRILLIANT signing, IMO. Henry has been one of the most underrated backs in the league in recent years, and he's going to a system that just churns out 1000 yard rushers. Going to be a huge year for the Broncos offense with Cutler taking the next step and Henry taking handoffs.

Darrell Jackson to SF-- Great move that addressed SF's biggest need for just a 4th round pick while taking a proven playmaker from a division foe. If a couple of calls had gone differently in the SB a couple of years back, he could have won MVP in the year's biggest game against one of the league's best defenses.

Rams, Chris Draft and Drew Bennett signings-- I have to give credit where credit's due, and these two moves fit perfectly for what the Rams needed. Draft fills a gaping hole at OLB and should gel quickly with a defensive unit that includes his former teammate, Will Witherspoon at MLB. As for Bennett, in the days of Martz, the Rams were content to spread the field with four or five speedster WRs, but no more under Linehan. Bennett brings the kind of size and possession WR skills that should be a perfect complement to Torry Holt and really help StL out with a big time threat in the red zone.

Michael Okwo to the Bears in the draft-- Brilliant pick, IMO. If Briggs leaves, or doesn't show up to training camp, or whatever, they drafted a guy ho can really fill in and do a great job.

Eric Johnson to the Saints-- Smart move that gives Drew Brees a capable, quick inside target who can find soft spots in coverage and really complement the speed of Henderson and Colston out wide with smarts and soft hands underneath and over the middle.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best - The whole first day of the draft. Filled our two biggest needs with great players, and got a backup QB that I'm very comfortable with for whatever his future holds for us.

Worst - Langston Walker. Ecch.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

BRONCOS

Best-Daniel Graham
--he is one of the most complete TEs and he is a devastating blocker...along with henry he will dramatically help the run game

worst-Alvin Mckinly
--bates like the big DTs mckinly is not big
Old 06-11-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best - Derrick Dockery - He will help solidify the left side of our Oline. He and Peters will become a force to be reckoned with.

Worst - Langston Walker - With Oakland's terrible line last year, I dont know if I want someone who was a cause of that on my team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Bears
Best Offseason Move - Drafting Greg Olsen. Olsen will be an immediate upgrade to the offense and will be able to take some pressue off of Rex with his playmaking ability

Worst Offseason Move - Trading Thomas Jones. I think this may prove to be a big mistake by the Bears front office. I just have this feeling that Benson does not have what it takes to be a number 1 guy. I dont see why we traded a proven commodity to let an unproven guy take over.

For the Patriots
Best Offseason Move - Trading for Randy Moss/Acquiring 49ers 1st pick next year. Getting a number 1 receiver for a 4th round pick should be considered grand larceny. As long as Moss behaves himself and performs up to the hype this will be the best acqusition in awhile. Gaining that extra 1st rounder again next year could be crucial, especially with the linebacking corps getting up there in age and the Asante Samuel situation up in the air right now. It would be nice to add another LB and CB.

Worst Offseason Move - Signing Kelley Washington. Not that this is a terrible move, but there is a good amount of depth at WR now with Moss, Welker, Gaffney, Jackson, Caldwell, and Stallworth. Washington is just going to add depth as of now.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Panthers: None because we didn't exactly acquire any one that good or bad.

David Carr would probably top the list for the reason he gives us a backup who could potentially do something more.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
george_allen
Rookie

george_allen is so money.george_allen is so money.george_allen is so money.george_allen is so money.george_allen is so money.george_allen is so money.george_allen is so money.george_allen is so money.george_allen is so money.george_allen is so money.george_allen is so money.

rams

good -

offense : randy mcmichael - adds an above average target across the middle and larger red-zone target which was previously missing, as well as better pass blocking and run blocking, plus he comes to the team already experienced in linehans system. this guy adds to solid offense at every facet and should hit the ground running.

defense : 1a) carriker 1b) hall - plugging these two guys into the line with leonard little should be one of those "the-whole-is-greater-than-the-sum-of-the-parts" situations. 1c) the 6th round pick for jimmy kennedy.

bad -

offense : while i like the drew bennet acquisition, i quibble over the amount of cap hit he costs.

defense : acquiring nothing for jerametrius butler, but his salary was unreasonable so it's understandable.

league overall - adalius thomas to new england- i shutter to think of the devistation that belichick will reigned down upon the league wielding this guy. i think the league office should have stepped in and stopped this move like the government in an anti-trust suit.
george_allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For the Steelers

Favorite- Kevin Barlow (via FA, Steelers arent really active in FA so hes realy the only other guy), Daniel Sepuleveda (via draft)

Horrible- Sean Mahan (via FA), Matt Speath (via draft)
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favorite Every single move this offseason cept 1

Least Favorite:Tyler Ecker.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
For the Bears
Best Offseason Move - Drafting Greg Olsen. Olsen will be an immediate upgrade to the offense and will be able to take some pressue off of Rex with his playmaking ability

Worst Offseason Move - Trading Thomas Jones. I think this may prove to be a big mistake by the Bears front office. I just have this feeling that Benson does not have what it takes to be a number 1 guy. I dont see why we traded a proven commodity to let an unproven guy take over.

For the Patriots
Best Offseason Move - Trading for Randy Moss/Acquiring 49ers 1st pick next year. Getting a number 1 receiver for a 4th round pick should be considered grand larceny. As long as Moss behaves himself and performs up to the hype this will be the best acqusition in awhile. Gaining that extra 1st rounder again next year could be crucial, especially with the linebacking corps getting up there in age and the Asante Samuel situation up in the air right now. It would be nice to add another LB and CB.

Worst Offseason Move - Signing Kelley Washington. Not that this is a terrible move, but there is a good amount of depth at WR now with Moss, Welker, Gaffney, Jackson, Caldwell, and Stallworth. Washington is just going to add depth as of now.
the way u make it seem for Washington is that we got him when we had a ton of depth. We signed him before trading for Moss so it was okay. if we knew we were going to get Moss..i too would be dissapointed with Washington. 1st of all..hes dropped a lot in minicamp..and second of all. were loaded.
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote