Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-05-2006, 02:55 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default All - NFLDC TE - Antonio Gates

This is too find out who you here aat NFLDC think would be most suited to block and recieve

All TE's have been chosen for either their ability to pass block, run block, catch

the options are as follows, if you think i have missed someone (i dont think i have) then tell me and if i think ur reason is valid enough i will add them

If a Position has two players on the field (WR, DE, DT, OLB, CB) then the top two players on the poll will be selected, wth the higgher of the two being the #1 and the lower being #2

QB - Tom Brady - New England Patriots (Runner Up - Peyton Manning - Indianapolis Colts)
RB - LaDainian Tomlinson - San Diego Chargers (Runner Up - Larry Johnson - KC Chiefs)
WR1 - Larry Fitzgerald - Arizona Cardinals (Runner Up - Terrel Owens - Dallas Cowboys)
WR2 - Chad Johnson - Cincinnati Bengals (Runner Up - Marvin Harrison - Inidianapolis Colts)
LT - Walter Jones - Seattle Seahawks (Runner Up - Orlando Pace - St Louis Rams)
LG - Steve Hutchinson - Minnesota Vikings (Runner Up - Larry Allen - Dallas Cowboys)
C - Olin Kreutz - Chicago Bears (Runner Up - LeCharles Bentley - Cleveland Browns)
RG - Will Shields - KC Chiefs (Runner Up - Chris Naeole - Jacksonville Jaguars)
RT - Willie Anderson - Cincinnati Bengals (Runner Up - George Foster - Denver Broncos)
TE -
DE -
DT -
OLB -
MLB -
CB -
FS -
SS -
FB -
K -
P -

VOTE AWAY

AND PLEASE NO HOMERISM, IF YOU VOTE AGAINST YOUR TEAMS TE IT WONT MEAN YOU GO TO HELL, IT JUST MEANS THAT YOU DONT THINK HE IS THE BEST TE

P.S. the only way that this can be successful is if you vote, please if you vote here check back when your on too see if a new poll has gone up, all votes are crucial as the more votes there are the more set in stone the voice of the voters will be :D

Thanks,
stephenson86
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 02:58 PM    (permalink
cgf

Default Re: All - NFLDC Team Selection Thread - TE - ALL YOU DO IS V

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86
AND PLEASE NO HOMERISM, IF YOU VOTE AGAINST YOUR TEAMS TE IT WONT MEAN YOU GO TO HELL, IT JUST MEANS THAT YOU DONT THINK HE IS THE BEST QB FOR LEADING A TEAM OVER THE OTHER
i love shockey but there are better QBs out there.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:01 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf
Quote:
AND PLEASE NO HOMERISM, IF YOU VOTE AGAINST YOUR TEAMS TE IT WONT MEAN YOU GO TO HELL, IT JUST MEANS THAT YOU DONT THINK HE IS THE BEST QB FOR LEADING A TEAM OVER THE OTHER
Did you get banned again? Or something?
Old 08-05-2006, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gates, obviously...

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 03:04 PM    (permalink
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf
Quote:
Did you get banned again? Or something?
Again? That was my first suspension.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:06 PM    (permalink
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93
Gates, obviously...
Why obviously? Gates isn't a great blocker. Isn't very fast, explosive or quick. He's just got an amazing wingspan, great hands and insane hops. Guys like Gonzo, Shockey, Witten and Crumpler are better TEs and would put up better stats if they were used in the same ways as gates.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally feel that Heap is a better blocker than Gates and much more dangerous reciever than Witten, so I went with him.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf
Quote:
Gates, obviously...
Why obviously? Gates isn't a great blocker. Isn't very fast, explosive or quick. He's just got an amazing wingspan, great hands and insane hops. Guys like Gonzo, Shockey, Witten and Crumpler are better TEs and would put up better stats if they were used in the same ways as gates.
Pfft, Gonzo is a bit past his prime, as is Crumpler, especially after his surgery. Gates brings such a threat that you have to plan for him. His size and speed makes him much better than the rest in terms of ability. It's not like he is a horrible blocker either, he can and has done it.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 03:19 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gates, he uses his body really well and is a huge guy with good speed. If you don't believe he's the best look at Drew Brees's stats before and after Gates got to San Diago.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Antonio Gates.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 03:25 PM    (permalink
cgf

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf
Quote:
Gates, obviously...
Pfft, Gonzo is a bit past his prime, as is Crumpler, especially after his surgery. Gates brings such a threat that you have to plan for him. His size and speed makes him much better than the rest in terms of ability. It's not like he is a horrible blocker either, he can and has done it.
SPEED!? That's just false Gates doesn't have even above average speed.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Easy

If I had to pick one player out of these players, I would pick Antonio Gates. He is a great recieving Tight End. I don't pay any particular attention to Tight End's blocking, so I don't really know who's good at blocking and who's not. Tony Gonzalez is also a really good recieving Tight End, and he would probably be my second choice.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:40 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Desmond Clark? :shock:

Well the best recieving TE is either Gates or Gonzalez. The most complete...Witten or Heap.

Depends on what you consider the best TE being....

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 03:41 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy
If I had to pick one player out of these players, I would pick Antonio Gates. He is a great recieving Tight End. I don't pay any particular attention to Tight End's blocking, so I don't really know who's good at blocking and who's not. Tony Gonzalez is also a really good recieving Tight End, and he would probably be my second choice.
Blocking is important, but if it were the most important factor in the skill set of a TE, then I guess they would just have 6 offensive linemen.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:54 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy
Blocking is important, but if it were the most important factor in the skill set of a TE, then I guess they would just have 6 offensive linemen.
In a system like ours in Chicago, we need a blocking TE because we run a lot with our TE lined up next to the OT. But in an offense like San Diego's, Gates isn't really required to block much, well at least that's what I've seen from their offense.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 04:02 PM    (permalink

I take Crumpler. He is sort of underrated, and just think the amount of work he has to do to always be available for Vick. He is an improving blocker and as good of athlete as the rest of these guys, he just not 6'5.

Two years from now, if not next year, this will be Kellen Winslow HANDS DOWN. (Marcedes Lewis will also be in the mix.)
Old 08-05-2006, 04:05 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonzalez. He's only slightly behind Gates in terms of receiving ability, and because of this, his blocking ability gets really overlooked. He's actually one of the most underrated tight ends when it comes to blocking ability.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 04:12 PM    (permalink

i cant believe how terribly you butchered Dallas Clarks name
Old 08-05-2006, 04:15 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Todd Heap

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

So many Cowboy homers it's shame.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:21 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we really need to decrease the value of an Admin vote
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 04:21 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0k Em'
So many Cowboy homers it's shame.
Damn Cowboys homers, Witten is not the best tight end in the NFL.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:24 PM    (permalink

how did witten get 13 votes? he had 0 when i looked at this 5 minutes ago.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why does Witten have 14 votes and Gates has like 11, what is up with this, Gates is hands down the best TE in the league.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:43 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991
why does Witten have 14 votes and Gates has like 11, what is up with this, Gates is hands down the best TE in the league.
Cowboys players should just not be on the polls because some of the fans are complete homers and will vote for them. The Cowboys don't have any players who are the best at their position in the NFL, they have a lot of good players, but none of the best.