Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-05-2006, 11:01 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think all Dallas fans are homerish, I hate to say it, but some are. Jason Witten is a more complete TE than Gates. Jason comes close to being the best. I'm not freaking cause of the TE, but i don't think Roy is the best SS in the NFC. :roll: I do hate the way that Everyone is sayin Witten doesn't come close cause he does! Gates doesn't come close to being as good at blocking than Witten. There are cowboy homers, but I don't think it is a problem on these polls. They just say outrageous things.

Alge Crumpler is the best

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:10 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991
why does Witten have 14 votes and Gates has like 11, what is up with this, Gates is hands down the best TE in the league.
Cowboys players should just not be on the polls because some of the fans are complete homers and will vote for them. The Cowboys don't have any players who are the best at their position in the NFL, they have a lot of good players, but none of the best.
I voted Gates. Did it ever occur to you that some people think he's the best?
I'm sure some do, however it is crazy to think that almost as many people on this board think that Jason Witten is as good as Gates. I'm glad you voted for Gates, because I think he is better than Witten. I'm just saying that it's odd that a player on a team that has the most fans on this site is being chosen as the best TE when most people agree that he's not. The fact that he is embarassing Gonzo in the polls right now is ridiculous.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:37 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
why does Witten have 14 votes and Gates has like 11, what is up with this, Gates is hands down the best TE in the league.
Cowboys players should just not be on the polls because some of the fans are complete homers and will vote for them. The Cowboys don't have any players who are the best at their position in the NFL, they have a lot of good players, but none of the best.
I'm sure some do, however it is crazy to think that almost as many people on this board think that Jason Witten is as good as Gates. I'm glad you voted for Gates, because I think he is better than Witten. I'm just saying that it's odd that a player on a team that has the most fans on this site is being chosen as the best TE when most people agree that he's not. The fact that he is embarassing Gonzo in the polls right now is ridiculous.
I think the reason cowboy fans are mad is because lots of people have said they are all homers wich is totally wrong i know plenty of cowboy fans that are great posters and arent.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:44 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think the reason cowboy fans are mad is because lots of people have said they are all homers wich is totally wrong i know plenty of cowboy fans that are great posters and arent.
I agree, not all cowboys fans are homers, but some are. There are homers for every team, but since the Cowboys have more fans, naturally they have more homers.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:34 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan
I don't think all Dallas fans are homerish, I hate to say it, but some are. Jason Witten is a more complete TE than Gates. Jason comes close to being the best. I'm not freaking cause of the TE, but i don't think Roy is the best SS in the NFC. :roll: I do hate the way that Everyone is sayin Witten doesn't come close cause he does! Gates doesn't come close to being as good at blocking than Witten. There are cowboy homers, but I don't think it is a problem on these polls. They just say outrageous things.

Alge Crumpler is the best
i know witten is he best, but i get somewhat bemused at the sudden sky rocket of votes for him
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gates is the best but Tony Gonzalez is still #2 and a better all around TE.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:23 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

NO DAVIS?! BOOOOOO Jk. But Davis would be my pick....no homerism involved, i don't even need to see him play. He's still my pick.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 02:24 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by no love
NO DAVIS?! BOOOOOO Jk. But Davis would be my pick....no homerism involved, i don't even need to see him play. He's still my pick.
:roll:
Old 08-07-2006, 08:10 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Cooley will be better than all them this year.... 8) Hopefully..
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gates is only better than Witten at recieving and Fantasy football.

Witten is a much better blocker than Gates and I would much rather have a great blocker than another WR at TE. Plus Witten is a good recieving TE. While he isn't as good as Gates at catching he makes up for it by being a much better blocker.

Gates is only the concensous best TE to people because he is a more flashy pick.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:23 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal
Gates is only better than Witten at recieving and Fantasy football.

Witten is a much better blocker than Gates and I would much rather have a great blocker than another WR at TE. Plus Witten is a good recieving TE. While he isn't as good as Gates at catching he makes up for it by being a much better blocker.

Gates is only the concensous best TE to people because he is a more flashy pick.
I think Alge Crumpler is a lot like Jason Witten.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 08-08-2006, 07:33 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I voted for Witten after the poll was closed and Gates had won, because I figured that it wasn't even going to be close. If I would have known that someone was messing with the poll, I would have voted Gates. There is no one even close to what he (Gates) can do in the recieving game with his sheer physical ability, but I think Witten has mastered the nuances of the position along with all the technical aspects of it much much better than Gates, including all the elements of the passing game. However, Gates is such a superior physical and instinctive player that no TE can come close to him. He is already the best ever, and I don't think there is even a close #2.

I voted for Witten because I believe that he (along with several other Cowboy players) is vastly underrated on this forum because of all the anti-Cowboy bias. He has refined his game and worked to improve until he is legitimately at the top of the league as far as "learned" skills go. Plus he is a natural football guy that just loves to play. He doesn't have great speed or explosiveness, and that ends up being the ultimate deciding factor in this argument.

It has gotten to the point on this forum that, because of all the stupidity bandied about by a few - Balaskonis primarily, along with the occasional involvement of Tex Mex or another of our teenaged fans - nearly everyone here has a built in predjudice against all of our players. Roy Williams - once one of the most over hyped players in the league - has now become vastly underrated by the majority of posters here based off of three plays from last year, of which only one was his fault.

Newman, Witten, Roy, and a few up and comers all are deserving of being included in the discussions of the best at their positions and yet the vast majority of people have already decided that there is no way in hell any of these guys has a chance. I understand that this is the penalty for being a fan of the most scrutinized franchise in the league, one that has probably attracted more bandwagon jumpers than any other in our sport. But anyone interested in objective, impartial commentary and fandom should consider that there are those of us that live and breathe Cowboys, and have done so through thick and thin, and yet still can make a fair, untainted analysis of our place in the league. If you're going to complain about something, it would serve you well not to fall prey to it in the process.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote