Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-15-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbombul View Post
hes a solid, not spectacular lineman lol if that makes any sense. i believe he was a 3 year starter correct me if im wrong. hes a traditional michigan guard solid run blocker. he didn't see alot of time at michigan as a center i believe alex stenavich (sp) was our center during that time sorry i can't provide more
Stenavich was our LT in 2004.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

ahh yes your right sorry about that mistake who was our center back then??
jbombul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eh... Pearson was 2003, not sure who the C was to start 2004 (Baas began at LG). Kraus? Henige?
Old 06-19-2007, 07:09 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought I'd start some Wolverine discussion back up. Here is how our current recruiting class looks like:

4-star
CB Boubacar Cissoko
OT Dan O'Neill
DT Mike Martin
OT Elliot Mealer
TE Brandon Moore
LB Marcus Witherspoon

3-star
OT Kurt Wermers
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

our o-line is going to be looking good if they keep their loi's
Old 06-23-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

I am into recruiting like no other, but I think people are missing the fact they we have a real good shot at getting to the NC game this year with our current team. English said this years defense was faster than last years and although we will be breaking in about 7 new starters, I think we could see another dominate D. The good thing is the speed will allow us to compete with a WC or Southern school in our Bowl game alot better than last year. I hope he lets the dogs on ND this year. I also hope they hang 50 on their god awful D. I think the key to the Oregon game is gonna be shutting down Jonathon Stewart. That kid is the real deal. If we can keep him in check, we should roll through them. Also, I have heard Chris Graham is pissed about his career so far and wants to make it a meaningful one this year. That missle on the field would be a huge impact for our D. I think Brandon Graham is gonna step right in and help ease the transition of losing Woodley. I really like this team. I am so ready for the season to start. Stevie Brown is the next big thing for Michigan defensive backs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario86 View Post
Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My only concern on defense is at Cornerback. I see good players to step into all the other starting rolls . . . but you can't replace Leon Hall.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
I thought I'd start some Wolverine discussion back up. Here is how our current recruiting class looks like:

4-star
CB Boubacar Cissoko
OT Dan O'Neill
DT Mike Martin
OT Elliot Mealer
TE Brandon Moore
LB Marcus Witherspoon

3-star
OT Kurt Wermers
I quoted PL simply for easy reference. Rivals has added 3 more recruits to our list of commits.

4-star
WR Darryl Stonum

3-star
OT Rocko Khoury
QB John Wienke

Supposedly Stonum has already been promised the #1 jersey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Brandon Graham a LaMarr Woodley clone?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Is Brandon Graham a LaMarr Woodley clone?
You better believe it. The kid is gonna be a terror. Jamison on the other end is also gonna be a handful.

Cornerback is a scary point for the team but I am not impressed with a single QB in the Big Ten. The RBs are gonna be the strength and our DLine is talented and deep. The CBs are gonna be helped by a DLine that could be one of the more talented units in college football. The LBs are athletic and fast. English has the speed he wants and will make them a very good unit. I think this D could be as good if not better than last year. The safeties are also gonna be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermario86 View Post
Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
My only concern on defense is at Cornerback. I see good players to step into all the other starting rolls . . . but you can't replace Leon Hall.
I'm not sold on Morgan Trent or Johnny Sears

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
I'm not sold on Morgan Trent or Johnny Sears
You and me both. I'm taking bets on when Warren slides into one of the starting spots. I say week 2, 2nd quarter.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michigan has added another commit

4-star
TE Kevin Koger

Quote:

Old 07-25-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
Michigan has added another commit

4-star
TE Kevin Koger
And we beat Ohio State to get him.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:43 AM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

who do you guys think will replace ND in our rivalry hiatus? my money is on nebraska or miami
Old 07-28-2007, 02:59 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbombul View Post
who do you guys think will replace ND in our rivalry hiatus? my money is on nebraska or miami
I have no clue, but there's a bunch of teams on my wish list.

Texas, USC, LSU, Florida, Miami, Florida State. I would have said Oklahoma but ND locked them up.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Pro Bowler

Rumor is that the 6 schools Michigan is looking at are Texas, Georgia, Tennessee, Miami FL, Florida State, and Florida. Out of those schools, Texas, Tennessee, and Georgia have the same open date as Michigan does.

Personally, I'd pull for a home-home with Tennessee. Two biggest stadiums in the country and it would be nice to give Fat Phil a kick in the rear.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard on another message board we got that white runningback. Sam McGuffie (sp?).
Old 07-30-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I heard on another message board we got that white runningback. Sam McGuffie (sp?).
Yeah, our 12th commit so far. We have 9 four star players and 3 three star players. Although, we all know Cissoko and McGuffie deserve to be five stars.

Unfortunately, it appears we may not pull in a five star this year. Will Hill looks like he's all but committed to Florida. Getting Darrell Scott is very unlikely, especially considering we just signed McGuffie. The only shot we have pretty much have is Shayne Hale.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Yeah, our 12th commit so far. We have 9 four star players and 3 three star players. Although, we all know Cissoko and McGuffie deserve to be five stars.

Unfortunately, it appears we may not pull in a five star this year. Will Hill looks like he's all but committed to Florida. Getting Darrell Scott is very unlikely, especially considering we just signed McGuffie. The only shot we have pretty much have is Shayne Hale.
They may not be five stars now but they could be when Rivals re-evaluates. I truly expect Cissoko and McGuffie to get a fifth (Though McGuffie won't be turning black anytime soon and I don't expect Boubacar to grow another 3 inches, which to me are the only reasons they're 4s). I hope Hale and Saddler both come here though. Does anyone else think John Weinke could be a 4? He's incredibly accurate, did well at a couple camps and I believe one of them was the Elite 11. Rivals.com had him ranked as the second or third most accurate QB this year.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

I'm sure everyone already knows this, but in case anyone didn't I figured I'd post it. Adrian Arrington has been reinstated and is back on the team. Coach Carr also said that there's a chance that Carson Butler will be back on the team as well after being cleared of charges. Marques Slocum is also finally back on the team after struggling with academics. Also, Justin Schifano will not be on the team this fall. Carr said hopefully he'll be bcak next year.

Quote:

Last edited by ironman4579 : 08-06-2007 at 11:08 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
I'm sure everyone already knows this, but in case anyone didn't I figured I'd post it. Adrian Arrington has been reinstated and is back on the team. Coach Carr also said that there's a chance that Carson Butler will be back on the team as well after being cleared of charges. Marques Slocum is also finally back on the team after struggling with academics. Also, Justin Schifano will not be on the team this fall. Carr said hopefully he'll be bcak next year.
That's all well and good, but is there any way to get Charles Woodson another year at Michigan? We could use him at corner ;)
Old 08-06-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
That's all well and good, but is there any way to get Charles Woodson another year at Michigan? We could use him at corner ;)
You've got a point there. Hopefully, Warren can take over early in the season.

Quote:

Old 08-06-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
You've got a point there. Hopefully, Warren can take over early in the season.
With Trent going to #2 or nickel? You think Williams will play much?
Old 08-07-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
With Trent going to #2 or nickel? You think Williams will play much?
I'd rather see Sears as the nickel or not at all honestly. I'd be happy with Trent as the #1 and Warren as the #2. Trent is a big dropoff from Hall, but if one of them has to be out there, I'd much rather have him out there than Sears.

Quote: