Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gruden got 2 firsts and Cowher definately has a longer more proven track record. The teams don't get to pick what they give up. The league is gonna set what the compensation has to be and whatever team decides to match it can have him.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 06-20-2007 at 02:16 PM.
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Gruden got 2 firsts and Cowher definately has a longer more proven track record. The teams don't get to pick what they give up. The league is gonna set what the compensation has to be and whatever team decides to match it can have him.
yes but it wasn't given out by the league, it was tampa bay that decided to TRADE those picks and money for gruden

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.
mcdlaxbonz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't anyone gonna quote me and rip me in this thread? Geez, I'm disappointed.

Anyways, yeah I don't think Pittsburgh gets anyone's first round picks for a retired coach deciding to comeback after his contract expired. Tampa Bay virtually traded Gruden to Tampa for picks b/c he was under contract with the Raiders.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its not really that much of a secret is it now ?

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post

Anyways, yeah I don't think Pittsburgh gets anyone's first round picks for a retired coach deciding to comeback after his contract expired. Tampa Bay virtually traded Gruden to Tampa for picks b/c he was under contract with the Raiders.
1. They Steelers will at least get a first rounder. (Gruden and Belichek)
2. Cowher is still under contract with the Steelers and thats why this whole thread has been about comp picks.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post

Cowher, by law, still has to complete 1 season for the steelers.

If he comes back, he owes them a year, and The team signing Cowher, could very well have to trade or compensate for his contract.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
1. They Steelers will at least get a first rounder. (Gruden and Belichek)
2. Cowher is still under contract with the Steelers and thats why this whole thread has been about comp picks.
You're crazy if you think they will get a first rounder though. Teams know Cowher isn't going back to the Steelers, even under contract, any compensation would be knocked down.

But yes, if he goes somewhere next year, the Steelers will get something, whatever they can get. This is why I don't think he will coach the Browns in 08. The Steelers wouldn't let it happen since they have one more year to use Cowher as a bargaining chip.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
You're crazy if you think they will get a first rounder though. Teams know Cowher isn't going back to the Steelers, even under contract, any compensation would be knocked down.

But yes, if he goes somewhere next year, the Steelers will get something, whatever they can get. This is why I don't think he will coach the Browns in 08. The Steelers wouldn't let it happen since they have one more year to use Cowher as a bargaining chip.
I think the reason you posted is exactly why the Steelers will fetch a first rounder. He isnt going back to the Steelers and hence there will be a bidding war between washington, carolina, cleveland, tampa and whoever else. When bidding on cowher teams are gonna look at the last 2 coaches who were attained by first round picks (gruden and belichek) and i dont think one of these teams wil hesitate to win cowher with a first rounder.

I agree with you on the Browns though, he wont go there.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think all this talk about comp picks is wishful thinking by Steelers fans (unsurprisingly), to be perfectly honest.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

isnt his contract for this yr. So if he comes back this year, a team will have to trade for him. If he comes back next yr. Then its free for which ever team wants him. Comp pick would only come into play if Tomlin did a lousy job in his first season, and Cowher gets a huge contract which he will.

NFL might throw a 4 or 5 comp pick.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

he will not cost a first rounder. to compare gruden and check to this situation is idiotic. cowher is retired, they already have replaced him, and its only for one year. any one of those alone is enough to knock it down. if you combine them all...
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aren't coaches contracts from one date to another date? I didn't think it was just a vague number of years.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Aren't coaches contracts from one date to another date? I didn't think it was just a vague number of years.
Same... I was pretty sure he had to sit out one year and then he could come back, maybe were wrong though.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/scorec...ticleID=204629

EDIT:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19317780/

I knew he wouldn't come to DC -.-

PFT can go suck on their "league sources."

Last edited by skinzzfan25 : 06-20-2007 at 08:08 PM.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think his contract has expired, but say that wasn't the case couldn't he force the Steelers to fire Tomlin or have himself fired. If he's under contract to be the Head Coach there can't be a another head coach so the team would have to fired Tomlin or they'd be violating the contract. IF they are happy with Tomlin they won't want to fire him and replace him with an unhappy coach that will leave the next season.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Firing a first year head coach is pretty unlikely.

Carolina, maybe, I heard he's from the area, if John Fox doesn't get playoffs apparently its dunzo for him and the staff, which I could understand. He'd help the team for sure, I just don't know if he'd want to switch to a 34. God I hope not.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah if Cowher was still under contract for next season then the steelers would trade him.

I think he would eventually make a change for the 3-4. Peppers as a OLB he would be nasty, he could russ with hand down or stand up. He could jsut free lance
Old 06-20-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

peppers is a PERFECT 43 DE. it is asinine to even consider making him a 34 olb.
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstateviking View Post
peppers is a PERFECT 43 DE. it is asinine to even consider making him a 34 olb.
I could not agree more. He is a cornerstone and one of the best players in the league regardless of position.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

that man can do it all im saying he can play what ever he wants he can be a perfect free lance rusher if Cowher was thier
Old 06-20-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He could be amazing if used like Merriman in SD, but coweher's scheme is different from how Wade ran the 34.

Maybe it could work as baltimore's does now as a hybrid, but our linebackers are all small and quick by design... We need a strong DLine to keep them free to attack, changing to a 34 would mean a complete overhaul of one of the NFL's best front 7s which makes no sense.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

The Ravens why is what i was thinking u come out with ur front 7 but the off. has no idea how many guys are going down on the line and how many are standing. They did that with Suggs, and Thomas. They would just rotate them on and off the line, so chaning to 3-4 anad 4-3 like that