Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-09-2006, 09:50 AM    (permalink
PackerMang
Rookie

PackerMang hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default ESPN and Terrell Owens

I've come to the realization that ESPN can not go one day without mentioning T.O in some way. Perhaps if they stopped talking about him then he would stop trying to get so much attention. This is why I am asking my wife for NFL Network for an Early Christmas present.
PackerMang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DAMMIT WE DON'T GET NFL NETWORK!!!!!

DAMN YOU JAMES DOLAN.....DAMN YOU TO HELL
Old 08-09-2006, 10:59 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why don't you just get DTV? Seem simple to me.

Anyway, NFL Network talks about TO nearly as much as ESPN does. It's a media frenzy with this guy. You know what's funny? Steve Smith pulls his hammy, he's been out of practice for a week, and we haven't heard jack sh*t about him. Yet TO does the exact same thing and the media are just doing contortions in an attempt to make a major controversy out of it. It really is sad. Journalism is dead.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine

Anyway, NFL Network talks about TO nearly as much as ESPN does. It's a media frenzy with this guy. You know what's funny? Steve Smith pulls his hammy, he's been out of practice for a week, and we haven't heard jack sh*t about him. Yet TO does the exact same thing and the media are just doing contortions in an attempt to make a major controversy out of it. It really is sad. Journalism is dead.
He's right. It's gotten out of hand. ESPN and NFL Network have been (for the past week) showing pictues of him on his little bike thingy over and over.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:18 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Im not gonna spend 30 more bucks a month just for one channel though. You figure by now Cablevision would buy a brain and offer it. They have a package for 100 bucks for cable/cable internet service/house phone and its hard to beat. Verizon offers the same package with dsl and directv, but they don't offer it to North Jersey because Cablevision has some sort of legal stranglehold on the area. Sounds like a monopoly if you ask me, but whatever. But yeah...im not gonna pay out of my butt for NFL network, Cablevision has to give in sooner or later.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:37 PM    (permalink
turninandburnin1
Rookie

turninandburnin1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

it used to be the same thing with Barry Bonds. When they get a person to talk to or bag on they just run with it.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You should see ESPN: The Ocho; it's 24/7 Terrell Owens, Barry Bonds coverage. :shock:

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:41 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
You should see ESPN: The Ocho; it's 24/7 Terrell Owens, Barry Bonds coverage. :shock:
And occasionally some dodgeball.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 03:13 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish they'd talk about something other than the Yanks/Sox and TO
Old 08-09-2006, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unfortunately that's what the average fan wants to see. It's not about what brings more insight, it's about who makes the most noise. Steve Smith was last year's best receiver but he hasn't been kicked off 2 teams and turned down a trade from another. Ryan Howard hits HRs regularly but he doesn't have 720+ regardless of anabolic steroid scandals. It's a popularity contest not an election.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:18 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
And occasionally some dodgeball.
greater than the world cup, the world series and world war two combined
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happened to my post? I was laughing. Now I'm not. WTF?

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:23 PM    (permalink
detknowitall
Veteran

detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:

Im not gonna spend 30 more bucks a month just for one channel though. You figure by now Cablevision would buy a brain and offer it. They have a package for 100 bucks for cable/cable internet service/house phone and its hard to beat. Verizon offers the same package with dsl and directv, but they don't offer it to North Jersey because Cablevision has some sort of legal stranglehold on the area. Sounds like a monopoly if you ask me, but whatever. But yeah...im not gonna pay out of my butt for NFL network, Cablevision has to give in sooner or later.
Make your own Bundle. Get Dish Network for $30 Lingo for $20 and add a basic cable internet for around $30 Thats what I pay right now and get NFL Network, I can call within N. America and England. and have high speed cable internet. That beats the hell out of the $100 package deal. Nobody can stop you from getting Dish Network.
detknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:28 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Days? I think this poll should be limited to HOURS.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:30 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
What happened to my post? I was laughing. Now I'm not. WTF?
Blank quoting + emoticon = Deleted post.