Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 06-13-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
MNRunLeft
Rookie

MNRunLeft hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Windfield to NE Rumor

Minnesota Vikings Updated:06/12/2007 According to the St. Paul Pioneer Press, the Vikings could decide to trade cornerback Antoine Winfield to the Patriots, who have two first-round draft picks next spring. Meanwhile, the Vikings' 94-game home sellout streak is in jeopardy entering the coming season, and TV blackouts seem probable for the first time in nine year
MNRunLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the Pats certainly need corner help, but I don't think we would give up a 1st rounder on Winfield unless Asante walks. I would give a 2nd rounder to the Vikes for Winfield, though. That would be pretty good for our defense.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Well the Pats certainly need corner help, but I don't think we would give up a 1st rounder on Winfield unless Asante walks. I would give a 2nd rounder to the Vikes for Winfield, though. That would be pretty good for our defense.
winfield would be a great fit for our defense..hes smart and tackles very well

if we give up a 1st for Winfield..i can see us trading Samuel and getting a 1 for him at least if not 2 #1s like we are asking

i think a #2 is more likely if anything though for Antoine
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey it's rather comfy and spacious over here in Vikings land, but where are the booze cruise boats loaded with chicks ?

Anyway, since we seem to be invading this thread, I don't see anyone giving up two firsts for Samuel. He was a 4th round pick who has enjoyed one good year operating in a system that suits him to a "T".

I would be very interested in aquiring Winfield though, he is a tough competitor. He did look rather pedestrian as we torched the Vikes last fall though.
luckyjackaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 01:31 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if the players would agree to a direct swap.

I mean if Minny loses Winfield we will have a serious need at CB. Asante isnt looking like backing down. Straight swap for them would be interesting. Winfield is the better player right now. Asante is quite a bit younger.

Would be interesting.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like I picked the wrong time to buy an Antoine Winfield jersey......:(
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dont worry, I bought 2 Culpeppers jersey the year was traded. One was the probowl one and the other was an eqt.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:28 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
Looks like I picked the wrong time to buy an Antoine Winfield jersey......:(
No worries man, i highly, highly doubt he goes anywhere.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd be okay with a straight up deal Winfield for Hobbs.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
I'd be okay with a straight up deal Winfield for Hobbs.
wed never give up Hobbs. BB likes him a lot and hes got good upside. Hes fast, got leaps and hes energetic and tough. He never backs down and he always fights till the end. If we gave u p Hobbs..its still Winfield and ? at corner
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
wed never give up Hobbs. BB likes him a lot and hes got good upside. Hes fast, got leaps and hes energetic and tough. He never backs down and he always fights till the end. If we gave u p Hobbs..its still Winfield and ? at corner
So Winfield in your opinion would somehow be a downgrade from Ellis freaking Hobbs ?hhahhahahahahaahah....now that's funny.

Winfield is a top 5 CB in the game today. If he were 2 inches taller he'd be mentioned with Champ Bailey as the best CB today.

And if you had Samuel / Winfield at CB it'd be a major league upgrade.
Hobbs / Winfield / McCaulley for the future would give the VIkings their
CB corp for the future..while being able to play them now as well.
They'd develop together and would have lots of potential as a trio.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
So Winfield in your opinion would somehow be a downgrade from Ellis freaking Hobbs ?hhahhahahahahaahah....now that's funny.

Winfield is a top 5 CB in the game today. If he were 2 inches taller he'd be mentioned with Champ Bailey as the best CB today.

And if you had Samuel / Winfield at CB it'd be a major league upgrade.
Hobbs / Winfield / McCaulley for the future would give the VIkings their
CB corp for the future..while being able to play them now as well.
They'd develop together and would have lots of potential as a trio.
Just a correction i think you mean Griffin but i think we all understand.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Yeah sorry, was just frustrated by this sudden urge for Patriot "fans" (most of whom I'd expect started watching football during the Rams / Patriots S.B.) and their lack of knowlege on Winfield.

Hobbs / Asamuel are both "nice" players. Neither though is remotely close
to Winfiled in terms of 1 on 1 ability and honestly I'd take Winfiled in a zone sheme over every other CB in the NFL today. For long term Hobbs (and perhaps a draft pick) would make a lot of sense to...especially if Winfield is unhappy here.

Both teams would benefit greately. Now that said....I don't see him going anywhere.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
jerthemessiah
Rookie

jerthemessiah hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't see Winfeild going anywhere
Old 06-15-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

Im not surprised by the trade allegations. I pretty much expected him to get traded in this dictatorship. As I have said many times cover corners arent a need in the cover two defense. It would be like paying a guard 43 million over 7 years for a zone blocking scheme. Oh yeah bad example. Nothing this regime does makes alot of sense. Apparently they they plan on rebuliding completely through the draft.
I would think that the last team Id trade with is one who has made the superbowl more times in the last seven years then youve made it in the last two decades.
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you trade with whicever team(outside of your division) gives you the best value if it happens to be the patriots so be it... all this talk about winfieild being worth only a 2nd round draft choice is bs he is worth nothing short of a 1st and if they expect to get a 1st out of Asante Samuel i guess that makes Antione Winfield worth two 1st round choices.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah good idea... like our pass defense isnt bad enough already. Lets get rid of a top 10 cornerback who literally fits perfectly into the cover 2. Stellar. Lets get on it.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote