Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

View Poll Results: What will our record be this year?
0-16 to 3-13 1 3.45%
4-12 to 6-10 5 17.24%
7-9 to 9-7 21 72.41%
10-6 to 12-4 0 0%
13-3 to 16-0 2 6.90%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
VikesRule
Rookie

VikesRule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Our Record This Year

What do you think our record will be this year?
VikesRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You've guys' made some nice upgrades this season. Also, with AP, you guys' should squeak out 8 wins.

But, I just thought of this joke: What does a vikings fan and a *** parade have in common?
----They both wear purple, and they are both proud of that fact!
Old 05-21-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
jerthemessiah
Rookie

jerthemessiah hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

6-10 again. Jackson is getting his first full year as astarter. Peterson is just a rookie. They might be starting a rookie WR. The year after this one there should be more of a turn around. My guess is as good as anybodies at this point. Who really knows.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've gone for 4-12 and 6-10 option.

Way I look at it is we have not upgraded at DE, we downgraded at LB unless Greenway can go stud from day 1 and we still have serious safety issues but defense is not the problem.

Offensively we are worse at QB, WR and TE. We are just as bad at RG and RT and the same at LT, LG and C. So our line isnt improved. Basically to improve, Peterson would have to just go ballistic and I dont even see him starting till week 5.

We should be competitive in most games, our record really could go anywhere from 1 win to 10. I think we can beat Detroit once at least. Every other game I would probably say we go in as the under dog.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ima hope for a .500 season or better but right now we are rebuilding and with Jackson being young still it will help him and only make him better with Rice and peterson now. I think we go around 6-10 to 9-7 but the 9-7 is a hope. If we can score 23 points a game and we dont give up 250 yrds passing a game we should be fine.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
VikesRule
Rookie

VikesRule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Haha, props to the guy who voted 13-3 to 16-0.

I'm still not really decided yet. I think we could really flop (if TJack plays bad we won't win too many games) or really shine. I think 8 wins is not out of the question, but probably won't happen. I'm just hoping our young offensive playmakers step up for us.

On the other hand, our defense only got better, so who knows?
VikesRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

I honestly dont feel we need an upgrade at DE I feel if the players we have stay healthy that will make a huge diffrence, Db i think we upgraded, and Im not sure EJ is a lock for mlb If it were me id put greenway there that is where he projects well in the cover with his coverage skills, he covers like a safty, i dont know why if something isnt broke youd fix it, EJ played great last season and Im not sure id tinker to much with him,

Our OL is young on the right side but Im not willing to write them off yet, Our QB Scares me Our wide outs scare me Our running game should be pretty good, Our TE we are ok at best. 6-10 maybe 8-8
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:33 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its still a little bit early to be to sure of anyhing i need to see from the pre-season how our offense comes together and just how healthy Peterson really is but i think 8-8, 9-7, or 10-6 isnt out of the realm of possibility but more realistically im going with 7-9 at the moment
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to say 6-10. Our QB situation can't be any worse than it was last year.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
the_Kid
Rookie

the_Kid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

im guessing about 7-9 just because we have such a hard schedule. If we had and easier schedule i think we could easily go 9-7. The way I look at is, if erasmus james can get healthy we will have 3 more 1st round draft picks than we had last year, we replaced our old washed up wr corps with some young guns and exchanged our old immoble QB for a 2nd year QB with a big arm (not to mention he averaged more than 5 yards per carry).
the_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

Well lets hope he doesnt have to average 5 yrds per carry this year.
I think this season could bring good things for Williamson, The rookie wideouts I dont expec much from, But Our OL should start to show progress with johnson and cook being a year older. and we should have 2000 yds of rushing from our stable of backs.
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 01:42 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

7-9. Seriously to the people that are questioning Tavaris Jackson. Can he possibly be worse than Brad Johnson? I think not. At least Jackson can throw the ball more than 20 yards downfield. Maybe he'll even throw it past the first down marker on third down a couple times. who knows. Yeah, im bitter
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote