Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:50 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77
Default What Should Lavars New Nickname be?

I hear that he won't be %100 again this year. I'm a big fan but who knows what will become of all that potential. What is the name that suits him best?

Am I bored? Yes...lol
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:59 AM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any one got a pic of him with the giants. i heard he had a weird facemask.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:00 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the giant fans has it in their sig.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:06 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Mr.Trash
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:11 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mr. overthehill.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:13 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lavar "Kneeds help" Arrington
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:14 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Mr. overthehill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86
Lavar "Kneeds help" Arrington
Old 08-10-2006, 12:24 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He can't be Double Nickels. That was Seau's when he was in SD.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:27 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
He can't be Double Nickels. That was Seau's when he was in SD.
Seau was a beast
Old 08-10-2006, 12:30 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

I like his rap name 55 Per-- Cent...lol
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:32 PM    (permalink
HokiesSkins2621
Rookie

HokiesSkins2621 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mr. Trashoverthehill

Washington Redskins Mock Draft:
Round 1: Micheal Oher/OT/Ole Miss
Round 3: Paul Kruger/DE/Utah
Round 5: Marcus Freeman/LB/Ohio State
Round 6: Graham Gano/K/Florida State
Round 7: Maurice Miller/OG/Ole Miss
Snyder, get me Gano!
HokiesSkins2621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:32 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rock: Whats your name?
Lavar: What?
The Rock: Whats your name?
Lavar: Lav.....
The Rock: IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS
Old 08-10-2006, 12:33 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we should stick to calling him Lavar! And jsagan, you sent me a pm a while back, but I couldnt answer because "the man" wont let me pm. Anyway, I dont know who she is. I got the avatar from hardhitz56.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:34 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
I think we should stick to calling him Lavar! And jsagan, you sent me a pm a while back, but I couldnt answer because "the man" wont let me pm. Anyway, I dont know who she is. I got the avatar from hardhitz56.
its krystal steal
Old 08-10-2006, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
its krystal steal

Ewwwww.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure about him never being 100%. I think he is trying too much too quickly. Other guys who had surgeries and things over the offseason are limited to practice once a day and seem to be doing fine. I wish they would have done with with Lavar.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:06 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
I'm not sure about him never being 100%. I think he is trying too much too quickly. Other guys who had surgeries and things over the offseason are limited to practice once a day and seem to be doing fine. I wish they would have done with with Lavar.

He is about to start putting blame on other people so i hope you are ready for it.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
Quote:

He is about to start putting blame on other people so i hope you are ready for it.
I don't think that is going to happen yet. I've talked to a bunch of people who have gone up to Albany for camp and they said Lavar when not practicing is the only guy on the sideline with a clipboard and pen taking down notes of everthing.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:15 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't think that is going to happen yet. I've talked to a bunch of people who have gone up to Albany for camp and they said Lavar when not practicing is the only guy on the sideline with a clipboard and pen taking down notes of everthing.

I dont see how that is relevant.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't see how putting blame on other people is relevant. My point was instead of making a big deal negatively about this small setback, it seems he is being very positive and making the most out of it by studying very hard and learning as much as humanly possible.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:30 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't see how putting blame on other people is relevant. My point was instead of making a big deal negatively about this small setback, it seems he is being very positive and making the most out of it by studying very hard and learning as much as humanly possible.

He is still lavar arrington meaning its all about him, so its not his fault his knee is hurt. In Lavar's mind the giants didnt give him enough rest. The giants knew that he was only gonna be a 20-25 plays a game guy when they got him though.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

He is still lavar arrington meaning its all about him, so its not his fault his knee is hurt. In Lavar's mind the giants didnt give him enough rest. The giants knew that he was only gonna be a 20-25 plays a game guy when they got him though.
Damn, do you get paid for this? I wish I was a mind reader too.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jughead, why are the Giants playing Lavar at SLB and Emmons at WLB? Makes no sense to me at all.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillen
Jughead, why are the Giants playing Lavar at SLB and Emmons at WLB? Makes no sense to me at all.
Giants are playing mostly an under 4-3 scheme as their base. In which the SLB plays close to the LOS over the TE right next to Strahan in most cases. In turn the WLB is shifted further over as well and is almost like a seoncd MLB. Giants feel Arrington is athletic enough to drop back and cover a TE but can also do his best damage when as close to the LOS as possible, where they can let him loose on a QB as well. This also played into drafting Wilkinson to eventually be our WLB of the future, because he is also experienced as a MIKE.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lavar's salary is largely performance based, so if he does wind up being injured it won't effect the Giants much, they protected themselves in that regard. I for one, was not hysterical when we got him, I think he will be a nice addition, but anyone expecting LT like results is being foolish.

If healthy he can be a great rushbacker, and he seems poised to have a good year. However, I am not too surprised that he's fallen into injury troubles already. Apparently he claims he is fine and can play if he wants, but the staff is taking a precautionary approach to him and making sure he is ready for the season. The scary thing about that is....didn't we hear this before in Washington? Lavar wanting to play...Washington telling him to sit...could be a tell tale sign.

But for now, all is well. He seems to be always taking subliminal shots at Washington and saying that the Giants are approaching it much better. Ill give him the benefit of the doubt and won't rip into him until he gives me justifiable reasons to do so. From what we've heard and know at this point, he seems determined to have a career year, is working very hard at achieving that goal, has no problems with the staff or organization, and is getting along great with his teammates. Only time will tell if the Giants got a steal or not, and the smart thing to do is hold off judgement until then.